Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on September 04, 2012, 04:18:35 PM
from HS;

Former Carlow boss Kevin Ryan is the only outside man in the race. The ex-Waterford hurler will have to fight off competition from Antrim men Gregory O'Kane, PJ Mullan and Michael Johnston, who managed Armagh for the last four years.

Antrim chairman Jim Murray says all four candidates have been contacted and are happy to be interviewed. He added that the interview panel can also recommend a further candidate if they know of one.

Surprised that PJ has let his name go forward, I thought he'd be creating a dynasty with Loughgeil!

Probabaly sees that this is Loughgiels last go at it

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Lol I would be surprised if he left lgiel completely. Could he do both jobs maybe of he got it?
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

No way can he do both jobs! No chance. Not even worth considering.
Didn't think loughiel were going anywhere in a hurry? I would imagine with their numbers a conveyor belt will be replacing any retirements.

For what it's worth I thought it was a soft penalty (would it have been a free further out pitch?) but that said cushendall have only themselves to blame - the penalty didn't win the game - it was falls capitulation afterwards that lost it.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 04, 2012, 03:02:50 PM
SIE lets tell the truth here, Benny Mc Carry could have got a 9.8 for that effort if he'd been at the side of a pool rather than at Casement. You couldn't argue that Loughgiel have brought hurling in Antrim to a new level but the penalty in the final last year was the single biggest factor in the game and it was a dodgy, hotly disputed call. Don't worry MR2 its been watched over and over again in Cushendall, still isn't a penalty!!
It's been watched in Loughgiel too JJ, quite a lot actually,  and like I say it was a penalty. It's all about perspective I suppose. We should agree to disagree on this one.

On the Antrim manager job, I told yous these names weeks ago ffs.  ::)

In my opinion PJ won't go near it for a year or two yet, good luck to whoever gets it though.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 04, 2012, 05:44:02 PM
SIE lets tell the truth here, Benny Mc Carry could have got a 9.8 for that effort if he'd been at the side of a pool rather than at Casement. You couldn't argue that Loughgiel have brought hurling in Antrim to a new level but the penalty in the final last year was the single biggest factor in the game and it was a dodgy, hotly disputed call. Don't worry MR2 its been watched over and over again in Cushendall, still isn't a penalty!!
It's been watched in Loughgiel too JJ, quite a lot actually,  and like I say it was a penalty. It's all about perspective I suppose. We should agree to disagree on this one.

In my opinion PJ won't go near it for a year or two yet, good luck to whoever gets it though.

Question is could the County afford PJ's 'backroom team'   ;)

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: NAG1 on September 04, 2012, 10:22:41 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 04, 2012, 05:44:02 PM

Question is could the County afford PJ's 'backroom team'   ;)
;D

They could afford to bring two previous managers trepsin up the length of Ireland, so they probably could. But like I said previously, I don't think it'll be a problem they'll have to consider.  ;)

Seamroga in exile

On another note, I see the big man has said that Loughgiel is to be the venue for county hurling matches while Casement gets rebuilt. There's no confirmation of where the footballers are going to play though.

btdtgtt

Yes I agree - think they'll go to loughiel & Creggan.

Ballycastle be disappointed tho.

saffron89

yes however good loughgiel pitch its a pain getting in on out on big matches, would the fields be able to take traffic with all the winter weather, could be messy

christ hard to know for manager, glad to see some interest though

Hard station i pray u sensed in the sarcasm in my post about Galls winning an all ireland

better an intermediate and senior on as part of a double header

ballycastle and casement to be the respective semi venues

many tickets about the clubs ?????

theskull1

Fr Healy is not a great winter pitch
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: saffron89 on September 04, 2012, 11:15:01 PM
yes however good loughgiel pitch its a pain getting in on out on big matches, would the fields be able to take traffic with all the winter weather, could be messy

christ hard to know for manager, glad to see some interest though

Hard station i pray u sensed in the sarcasm in my post about Galls winning an all ireland

better an intermediate and senior on as part of a double header

ballycastle and casement to be the respective semi venues

many tickets about the clubs ?????
In this regard it isn't any different to any other rural pitch that I'm aware of, same goes for how it stands up to winter.

The Antrim Post seem to think that both semis will be played in Casement pk. They must know something the rest of us don't.  ;)

Na Glinntí Glasa

Dunloy v cushendall is a half 3 throw in loughgiel and the game, loughgiel v st johns is in ballycastle.
That's what I was told last night.
Not 100% sure about the loughgiel fixture but that's where our game will be.
hurl like f**k boi!

riddle_me_this

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 04, 2012, 03:58:06 PM
IMO  they are the same as they were last year. They play a simple system really well and have one of the best forwards in Ireland who can score from anywhere.

Can they be beat? Yes. If cushendall get by us they have plenty of great hurlers who can beat them. Shane And Neil are pure quality and could win a game themselves.

If we get to play them there's no way on this earth we would fear them, no matter how good they were.

Great team, def but one which will soon lose a lot of great players to age.

A statement Loughgiel were saying about Dunloy for about half a dozen year before it ever happend (Dick, Ally, Patch etc). They carried on well into their high thirties and still contributed.. But point taken, Loughgiel will have a hell of alot of experienced players to replace in next 3-4 years.

btdtgtt

Who are the Loughiel men needing replaced?
Aside from Ding Gillen I think some people are writing off a few players just over 30 too quickly no?

Will be interesting to see these semi-final fixtures - to see which posters called it right if nothing else!
You running a book on the double MR2?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: riddle_me_this on September 05, 2012, 09:24:28 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 04, 2012, 03:58:06 PM
IMO  they are the same as they were last year. They play a simple system really well and have one of the best forwards in Ireland who can score from anywhere.

Can they be beat? Yes. If cushendall get by us they have plenty of great hurlers who can beat them. Shane And Neil are pure quality and could win a game themselves.

If we get to play them there's no way on this earth we would fear them, no matter how good they were.

Great team, def but one which will soon lose a lot of great players to age.

A statement Loughgiel were saying about Dunloy for about half a dozen year before it ever happend (Dick, Ally, Patch etc). They carried on well into their high thirties and still contributed.. But point taken, Loughgiel will have a hell of alot of experienced players to replace in next 3-4 years.
Prib was we held on to them too long if I'm honest. They did contribute big time but you have to let the youth through or your in trouble.
That said loughgiel have won nothing at underage hurling this year. Am I right in that? If so I don't ever remember that happening before? We won u12 & 14, the dall under 16 I think, prob the johniees in minor and ballycastle at u21.
hurl like f**k boi!