Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 15, 2022, 11:53:16 PM
Willie Loughrey AKA Rock Stewart. Great local entertainer in 80s

To die before the person you impersonate! Seen him a good few times around the clubs in the 80's he also did a family wedding certainly entertaining punters loved it.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

He was doin the Elk one time and some big new song had came out. He had it wrote in chalk on something at front of stage so me in my drunken wisdom decided to rub it out. Got caught but didnt get kicked out. Result.

Jeepers Creepers

Rock Stewart. Now theres a blast from the past! Can remember the posters up and down the Andytown Road. The oul fella loved him. RIP.

Rudi

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 16, 2022, 09:12:38 AM
He was doin the Elk one time and some big new song had came out. He had it wrote in chalk on something at front of stage so me in my drunken wisdom decided to rub it out. Got caught but didnt get kicked out. Result.

;D Seemed like a great idea at the time. Been there too  ;D

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Rudi on May 16, 2022, 09:17:52 AM

Had to be done 😉
Chalk/blackboards. Showin our age. Be all all mini whiteboards/markers today 😃

Rudi

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 16, 2022, 09:56:45 AM

Had to be done 😉

I Pads connected to monitors more like, sure them yokes can be plugged out too  ;D ;D. Nobody be watching ya ... like  ;D

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Rudi on May 16, 2022, 10:07:01 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 16, 2022, 09:56:45 AM

Had to be done 😉

I Pads connected to monitors more like, sure them yokes can be plugged out too  ;D ;D. Nobody be watching ya ... like  ;D

Yas indeedy 😃😃

rosnarun

The Ledgend and gret family man Mick o connell's Wife.
O'Connell, Rosaleen (née O'Reilly), ( Valentia Island, Co. Kerry and formerly of Poles, Co. Cavan), 14th May 2022. Peacefully, at home. Beloved wife of Michael,

RIP
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Downtothewire

Remember great nights in the Glenavon Hotel in the 80's. Summer of 69 was the big song

WT4E

Didn't they use to carry him into the Omagh GAA in a coffin as part of the act.... too young to know but heard the stories! RIP Rock Steawart

tc_manchester

Quote from: WT4E on May 17, 2022, 02:36:08 PM
Didn't they use to carry him into the Omagh GAA in a coffin as part of the act.... too young to know but heard the stories! RIP Rock Steawart
that's true - he was a great showman

thebuzz

Quote from: tc_manchester on May 17, 2022, 02:47:29 PM
Quote from: WT4E on May 17, 2022, 02:36:08 PM
that's true - he was a great showman

A lot of the ladies thought he was creepy if I remember right but I found him very entertaining. He lived in Cookstown for a while a few years ago.

Tatler Jack

Well known travel writer Dervla Murphy aged 90. I met her many years ago - interesting if slightly eccentric woman.
https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/dervla-murphy-travel-writer-who-lived-an-adventurous-life-at-the-edge-dies-aged-90-1.4885949

Shamrock Shore

Cathal Coughan.
Microdisney and Fatima Mansions fame.

Long illness aged 61.