Ros away to Dublin 20th July 2019

Started by Rossfan, July 15, 2019, 12:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Rossfan on July 21, 2019, 01:37:22 AM
I know.
But I also know  that we will only ever win Connachts, Div 2s and in the future Intermediate All Irelands.
There will be no more 1943s or 44s.
Nor Cavan nor Offaly winning Sam again.
Sorry for Monaghan, Sligo, Westmeath, Laois etc who didn't win one back in the days of true amateurism.
We haven't even got dreams any more and when that happens it's not a good place to be.

People are voting on the turnstiles. I hate to tell you, but you were doing your team more of a favour not turning up this evening. 

sambostar

All a question of demographics & money. When u have vast majority of playing population & the resources to coach them to highest level over last 15 years how would u not be best team? Only solution is not a GAA one, but when people can work from rural areas & not have to work in Dublin. And GAA properly fund other counties in relation to Dublin

fearsiuil

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 21, 2019, 02:09:28 AM
I like everyone else expected Dublin to win but i thought Roscommon would give a better account of themselves and i feel the 18 point margin in the end highlighted that their S&C/fitness still needs major improvement before they can handle 2 big games in 7 days against the top 4 teams. The Dubs were in a ruthless mood and even in the last ten minutes they outscored Roscommon 0-7 to a point. The Dubs remain the best and team to beat and its hard to make a case for any team to beat them this summer.

The group now left with two dead rubbers and i really think its time to go back to knock out football for the quarter final stage.
They were far from in a ruthless mood in 2nd half. Needed to be there to see what a damp squib it was perhaps. If Dublin put foot down could've won by silly score (difference was plenty big).

Blowitupref

Quote from: fearsiuil on July 21, 2019, 03:36:18 AM
I like everyone else expected Dublin to win but i thought Roscommon would give a better account of themselves and i feel the 18 point margin in the end highlighted that their S&C/fitness still needs major improvement before they can handle 2 big games in 7 days against the top 4 teams. The Dubs were in a ruthless mood and even in the last ten minutes they outscored Roscommon 0-7 to a point. The Dubs remain the best and team to beat and its hard to make a case for any team to beat them this summer.

The group now left with two dead rubbers and i really think its time to go back to knock out football for the quarter final stage.
They were far from in a ruthless mood in 2nd half. Needed to be there to see what a damp squib it was perhaps. If Dublin put foot down could've won by silly score (difference was plenty big).

Weren't far off their 1st half scoring. 1-15 1st half to 1-11 2nd half, other teams would ease off a lot more with such a half time lead but Dublin have subs that are playing for starting spots.  Ruthless as in their nearly punished every little or big mistake Roscommon made and both goals came when the the rossies had the ball and lost it.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

highorlow

What's the beak even attendance figure for Croke Park?

Did someone mention 30k is needed to break even based on the cost of the event itself.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 20, 2019, 09:58:55 PM
Disappointing for the Rossies, I've been in Croker for hammerings like that and it's not nice

Me too. Sympathies for the Rossies in attendance last night. Dublin put 4-24 past Armagh in a league game seven or eight years ago in Croker, with the writing on the wall after five minutes of the match. It was painful staying to the end. 

MayoBuck

Quote from: highorlow on July 21, 2019, 09:31:06 AM
What's the beak even attendance figure for Croke Park?

Did someone mention 30k is needed to break even based on the cost of the event itself.

That figure gets thrown around a lot but it's actually false. If you think about it how could any number like that be accurate when ticket prices vary considerably between games. For example, none of the upper tiers or nally terrace was open yesterday so that's a saving straight away.

When you include corporate boxes and the fact that takings from shops/bars inside all go to the GAA, a crowd in Croke Park is more profitable than a similar one in another county ground. That's why so many games are in Croker.

fearsiuil

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 21, 2019, 03:56:24 AM
Quote from: fearsiuil on July 21, 2019, 03:36:18 AM

Weren't far off their 1st half scoring. 1-15 1st half to 1-11 2nd half, other teams would ease off a lot more with such a half time lead but Dublin have subs that are playing for starting spots.  Ruthless as in their nearly punished every little or big mistake Roscommon made and both goals came when the the rossies had the ball and lost it.
Daly sent off nice and early, took off some of their more incisive players (Mannion, Kilkenny, McCaffrey & O'Callaghan)and subs clearly not at same level. Dublin tend to put their big scores v teams as they tire in 2nd half. It was a far less ruthless than it could have been.

manfromdelmonte

So Roscommon basically need to focus on the Connacht championship and beating their neighbours from now on.

Would playing the game in e.g. Tullamore have made a difference?

kerryforsam19

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 21, 2019, 11:12:41 AM
So Roscommon basically need to focus on the Connacht championship and beating their neighbours from now on.

Would playing the game in e.g. Tullamore have made a difference?

The  rossies were lucky mayo were peaking for August. Pure fluke rossies winning

From the Bunker

I can't believe no one seen this hammering coming! Galway and Mayo have gone back considerably this year. They are two counties running on empty. So thinking Roscommon were going anywhere by beating either of those was fantasy. The Rossies conceded 4-24 in last years dead rubber super 8 game. Dublin played a lot of their fringe players in that game.

Tatler Jack

QuoteI can't believe no one seen this hammering coming!

What do you mean. Most people expected it including most Ros supporters. Part of the reason for the small crowd that travelled.

BennyHarp

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 21, 2019, 11:33:43 AM
I can't believe no one seen this hammering coming! Galway and Mayo have gone back considerably this year. They are two counties running on empty. So thinking Roscommon were going anywhere by beating either of those was fantasy. The Rossies conceded 4-24 in last years dead rubber super 8 game. Dublin played a lot of their fringe players in that game.

I thought virtually everyone saw this hammering coming?  :o
That was never a square ball!!

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 21, 2019, 11:41:54 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 21, 2019, 11:33:43 AM

I thought virtually everyone saw this hammering coming?  :o

Yes, but there seems to be a sense of surprise of the manner of it! 

imtommygunn

roscommon aren't a bad team. The result is more a reflection of how much superior Dublin are to anyone else than anything relating to them. Their cork match should be interesting and I hope they both go for it.