Nathan Carter

Started by Harold Disgracey, January 29, 2013, 11:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Would his popularity cut across the sectarian divide? I seem to recall some Loyalist paramilitaries incurring the wrath of their mammies when they threatened Daniel O'Donnell. Or was that an urban rural myth?

upmonaghansayswe

Quote from: Bingo on January 30, 2013, 10:29:21 AM
He is fairly drawing the crowds, when he played locally in October last the place was absolutely swamped and doors closed hours before they normally would. The crowd would range from 16 to 86. People seem to like this night out at the minute with a lively entertainer and a good dance.

Wouldn't be for me. At the end of the day, he is a cover band and anyone that plays the one song 3/4 times in a night (wagonwheel) needs to get a new song.

Played it twice on Sunday night.. 2nd song and last one. Understandable as its his most popular song.

I see some of youse are whinging at the cost on the door.. €15 into one of his shows for 2 full hours of good live, dancing music or a €10 into the nightclub over on the far side to get yer ears blown off by some DJ?. Only one winner..

And again ill ask, do any of you dance? Cause if you don't your opinion isn't worth a shite..

the Deel Rover

Quote from: upmonaghansayswe on January 30, 2013, 12:14:31 PM
He is fairly drawing the crowds, when he played locally in October last the place was absolutely swamped and doors closed hours before they normally would. The crowd would range from 16 to 86. People seem to like this night out at the minute with a lively entertainer and a good dance.

Wouldn't be for me. At the end of the day, he is a cover band and anyone that plays the one song 3/4 times in a night (wagonwheel) needs to get a new song.

Played it twice on Sunday night.. 2nd song and last one. Understandable as its his most popular song.

I see some of youse are whinging at the cost on the door.. €15 into one of his shows for 2 full hours of good live, dancing music or a €10 into the nightclub over on the far side to get yer ears blown off by some DJ?. Only one winner..

And again ill ask, do any of you dance? Cause if you don't your opinion isn't worth a shite..

Thats telling ye lads  ;D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

deiseach

upmonaghansayswe yesterday

Bingo

You tell them!

You'll have to change your picture from Kasabian to Nathan Carter though, do you do the same type of dancing at the Kasabian dances? ;)

upmonaghansayswe

Quote from: Bingo on January 30, 2013, 12:53:46 PM

You'll have to change your picture from Kasabian to Nathan Carter though, do you do the same type of dancing at the Kasabian dances? ;)

Different ball game entirely :).. Just went on Sunday to see what the fuss was about and I was fairly impressed!. A welcome change from a typical weekend night!.

Tony Baloney

We operate a Gaaboard version of John Lithgow in Footloose when it comes to dancing. Does that make you Kevin Bacon?

stew

Fair play to him, he has enough talent to make gobs of money then fair play to the lad.

If the music is shite, so what, people are having a good time and he rakes in the kesh........................where is the downside???
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

He's like the grandson of Charlie Landsborough, another Liverpudlain who made a fortune out of lyrically enquiring about the hue of the wind, over and over again.

Deiseach, there used to be a joke back in the 80s/90s about the UDA capturing Daniel O'Donnell, Gerry Adams and Martin Mc Guinness, however they only had two bullets so they shot Daniel twice!

Seriously, there was an elderly woman in a loyalist estate in Portadown who worshipped Daniel, and he would visit her at home once or twice a year, not a hair on his head was harmed. He posed no threat to the union!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: screenexile on January 30, 2013, 09:27:59 AM
Complete shite, his upbeat and terrible version of Green Day's "Time of your Life" is particularly sickening.

A few ones in my work go and say it's a great night but the hoor is charging £10 -£20 on the way in and has places absolutely packed out. As far as I know all his shows around here are sold out so he must be doing something right. I think his popularity is causing a few problems though as I've heard serious trouble has broken out at a few of his big nights.

Every country singer seems to have "Time of your life" on record. Each as bad as the last if you don't mind me saying.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

thebandit

Quote from: deiseach on January 30, 2013, 12:02:38 PM
Would his popularity cut across the sectarian divide? I seem to recall some Loyalist paramilitaries incurring the wrath of their mammies when they threatened Daniel O'Donnell. Or was that an urban rural myth?

I know that in Monaghan, the whole country scene seems to be popular with the young brethern

Puckoon

It's not unlike the days of the showbands, who often times didn't have an original hit in years of playing halls. He's young, has assembled a decent bunch of muscians and is selling out halls singing other peoples songs. Not my particular brand of vodka, but you have to hand it to the chap - it's a decent living if you can make it. Having people ask you to play "Nathan Carter's Wagon Wheel" is irritating as shit however. Kinda like drunk Americans asking for an Irish song - "like Galway Girl"!

leenie

A few years ago i wouldn't have dreamed of going to a country night... now i love them.. The first time i went was because i was at a loss so thought i might as well and i can honestly say it was one of the best nights craic, live music, dancing, meeting ones of all ages... unlike niteclubs you actually interact with strangers who are all out for a good nite....

I know young fella's who can be seen at oxygen, sense night club and at a country night... just an appreciation for all types of music!

before ya judge i would say to ye to go to one of these nites as a once off and then ye'll see what its all about... Nathan Carter, Dereck Ryan or Mike Denver are your best nights... and for the lads who dont want to be going to a male performer than Lisa McHugh is yer woman!

I know city folk and large town folk dont get it but the 1000+ that are going to these dance nites do!  KEEP HER COUNTRY! 
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: leenie on January 30, 2013, 06:46:07 PM

A few years ago i wouldn't have dreamed of going to a country night... now i love them.. The first time i went was because i was at a loss so thought i might as well and i can honestly say it was one of the best nights craic, live music, dancing, meeting ones of all ages... unlike niteclubs you actually interact with strangers who are all out for a good nite....

I know young fella's who can be seen at oxygen, sense night club and at a country night... just an appreciation for all types of music!

before ya judge i would say to ye to go to one of these nites as a once off and then ye'll see what its all about... Nathan Carter, Dereck Ryan or Mike Denver are your best nights... and for the lads who dont want to be going to a male performer than Lisa McHugh is yer woman!

I know city folk and large town folk dont get it but the 1000+ that are going to these dance nites do!  KEEP HER COUNTRY!

Tyrone....no surprises here.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"