U20 All Ireland football championship 2021

Started by Blowitupref, February 03, 2020, 04:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

8-2 to Galway in the 2nd half. Galway back to 15 men for extra time T Culhane saw red towards the end of that game

The Hill is Blue

Allianz DubMatchTracker
@DubMatchTracker

RESULT:

@DubGAA
1-17
@WicklowGAA
1-07
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Cunny Funt

Matthew Tierney goal the difference between the sides in MacHale Park. Half time at extra time 1-11 to 0-12

maigheo

Galway 1.11. Mayo 0.12. HT. in ET. Mayo with strong wind in 2ind half

Cunny Funt

Paul Towey with his 9th point level again in MacHale Park. 1-11 to 0-14. Two minutes to play.

Cunny Funt

Penalties required in MacHale Park. Awful way to decide the outcome of a championship match.  Galway win on penalties. Hard luck Mayo.

GalwayBayBoy

Very harsh to put young lads out in a day like this and to decide it on penalties. I'm sure both sides would have preferred another day out after extra time.

GaillimhIarthair

Great to get the win.  Absolutely it's a ridiculous way to decide a championship match.

larryin89

Fookin disgusting way to finish a championship knockout game , easy solution was a replay on wed evening , both sides would of preferred it . Best of luck to Galway though , good side .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Manning18

The game shouldve been called off to begin with. These penalties are wearing the patience thin, despite the fact that Galway keep winning them. Pleasantly surprised such a young Galway side could hold their own.

larryin89

Quote from: Manning18 on February 08, 2020, 04:48:38 PM
The game shouldve been called off to begin with. These penalties are wearing the patience thin, despite the fact that Galway keep winning them. Pleasantly surprised such a young Galway side could hold their own.

For once we agree . It's sickening , it's old fashioned knock out ffs, most of these lads will never wear a county jersey again if in last year underage , think it's heartless tbh .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Farrandeelin

Another game against Galway, another loss. Getting pretty sick of it at this stage. Terrible conditions to begin with. Could they have not left it for one more week? Push the other semis back a week too. No, play it in the shittest of shitty weather.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

joemamas

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 08, 2020, 05:03:51 PM
Another game against Galway, another loss. Getting pretty sick of it at this stage. Terrible conditions to begin with. Could they have not left it for one more week? Push the other semis back a week too. No, play it in the shittest of shitty weather.

Agree with the above and all prior posts.
Why does the Connacht council not take the flax for this mess, ie not rescheduling or even asking both teams after extra time did they prefer a replay.
Pure daftness/ stupidly.
The result may not have changed either way.
Good luck to Galway.

Blowitupref

I think every province will have penalties if required. For some daft reason this way of deciding championship games was voted in at congress.

Galway now go on to face Leitrim in the semi final next Saturday.

Other results from today

Offaly 2-6 Louth 0-9
Derry 1-13 Fermanagh 1-8 AET
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

grassHarrow

Interesting how Galway allowed their players play with their colleges where as Mike Solan and his management team refused.
I even heard that a player not making the Mayo panel of 24  was not allowed to tog with his college in a Freshers competition.
Another player broke ranks and was dropped. 
Great result for Galway and football. 
James is OK for a while !!!