The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on April 05, 2018, 12:48:32 PM
Also came across him through work, prgamatic, yes indeed. I would however disagree significantly with his economic theory, or at least those from 15 years ago. His TV views are not be those he expressed in his wall St pomp. Interesting to see where he actually comes out in this process.

He's a polarizing figure for sure. He was the architect of trickle down economics and is a big proponent of both personal responsibility and accountability.

I attended a luncheon back in September where he made a very strong case for the tax cuts-at least all the attendees thought he made a compelling case-lol

He was walking back the tariffs on TV this morning

stew

Quote from: whitey on April 05, 2018, 12:15:31 PM
Quote from: heganboy on April 05, 2018, 11:05:30 AM
Stew
A lot of Democrats think these mid terms are going to be a cake walk. I think they are going to get their asses handed to them in a lot of places that they aren't expecting. No voter reach out, and no leadership. Not exactly what works in middle America...

Not sure how it is going to play out.  Kudlow is a free trade guy and is on the record as saying we will figure this out. I have met Kudlow numerous time through work and he is a very reasonable measured and pragmatic individual.

The democrats need to come back to the centre, if they do and  they rid themselves of the old guard I think the republicans are in for a hammering, they have no time for Trump and they have no one who is going to challenge him and beat him next time around.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Gabriel_Hurl

Any Muslim marches in the US today? 

whitey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 10, 2018, 01:17:27 PM
Nothing to see here

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/09/us/politics/fbi-raids-office-of-trumps-longtime-lawyer-michael-cohen.html

I'm sure they'll find evidence of some wrongdoing, but will they find evidence of Russian collusion?

BTW....I think I read somewhere that Trump rarely if ever uses email

Futures are way up this morning so markets seem to be discounting it....most Wall Street firms have former FBI guys on the payroll as corporate security so I'm sure they know exactly what was found yesterday

Gabriel_Hurl

Quotewill they find evidence of Russian collusion

It's well past that now - but you know that  ::)

whitey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 10, 2018, 03:23:02 PM

So thats a no

Esmarelda

Quote from: whitey on April 10, 2018, 03:37:35 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 10, 2018, 03:23:02 PM

So thats a no
Eyes to heaven emojis and "nothing to see here" is all the evidence you need.

Gabriel_Hurl

Might want to read attention to (b) (ii) - you lads can read right?  8)

whitey

Gabriel_Hurl

whitey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 10, 2018, 04:45:08 PM
Is the investigation over?  ;)

Mueller can refer wrongdoings (unrelated to his investigation) to the appropriate law enforcement authorities...that seems to be what happened yesterday. It may be a campaign finance violation which is normally punished by a slap on the wrist

seafoid

I think whitey is far too complacent
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Gabriel_Hurl

He's an expert on campaign finance violations as well by the sounds of things

whitey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 10, 2018, 05:10:40 PM
He's an expert on campaign finance violations as well by the sounds of things

Ehhhh......no.

Chris Hayes had a former Federal Prosecutor (maybe he was a US Attorney) on last night and that was his take on things.  Several other people said/wrote the same thing this morning.

Per a NY Times article this morning.

"The search does not appear to be directly related to Mr. Mueller's investigation, but most likely resulted from information that he had uncovered and gave to prosecutors in New York"

Believe what you want