Question regards local radio in occupied Ulster

Started by ashman, July 24, 2016, 08:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashman

Folks

Just see a tweet from Joe brolly where he is commending today's commentary on Clare fm . I listened to the football yesterday on the same station and it was great.  Are these any such stations in Fermanagh , Armagh , Tyrone , Derry , Antrim and Down that give local and totally biased commentary on GAA games.

T Fearon

No.Radio in Newry,Q105 used to with the inimitable Damien Mc Cullough but stopped.I don't know of any other regional station up North.Even Q105 is part of a group that covers a large part of the North.If there are any they wouldn't have the resources to cover live sport of any description.

Orior

U105 (which pay Frank Mitchell a handsome sum) would give English county cricket scores before Gaelic football results
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Over the Bar

Q101.2 in Omagh.    Noel McGinn gives an agricultural, partisan commentary that's up there with Weeshie on Highland Radio!   ;D

omagh_gael

Quote from: Over the Bar on July 25, 2016, 11:20:02 PM
Q101.2 in Omagh.    Noel McGinn gives an agricultural, partisan commentary that's up there with Weeshie on Highland Radio!   ;D

He's not on Q101, he presents through teamtalk radio. Great service during pre season and the league. Although every game appears to have a referee determined to f**k Tyrone over!!

Listened to the Clare v Ros game on Shannonside. Willie Hegerty was some pup. At one stage he was talking about the ref giving a marshmallow free as it was a bit soft in the middle.

Over the Bar

QuoteQ101.2 in Omagh.    Noel McGinn gives an agricultural, partisan commentary that's up there with Weeshie on Highland Radio!   ;D

He's not on Q101, he presents through teamtalk radio. Great service during pre season and the league. Although every game appears to have a referee determined to f**k Tyrone over!!

I stand corrected OG.  Noel is some value nonetheless and the odd "Fcuk me Ref yer blind" slips out.   ;D