All-Ireland Final, September 18th, 2016 - Dublin v Mayo

Started by IolarCoisCuain, August 28, 2016, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: muppet on September 19, 2016, 02:59:18 PM

One feature of recent Dublin v Mayo matches is that when each team gets a run on the other, they score heavily. We did that after halftime, but strangely the Dubs didn't seem to get one of those purple patches. I'd be surprised if that happens the next day.

Thats something Ive noticed more and more in the tight games between the top teams lately. Kinda like  Ozzie rules

Jinxy

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 19, 2016, 03:31:44 PM
Quote from: thebackbar1 on September 19, 2016, 03:25:46 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 19, 2016, 03:18:22 PM
I'm sure the program said Dublin were supposed to take the field first.
as am I, the programme said that Dublin were to be out first then two minutes later Mayo, but i heard someone saying Dublin were delayed.

Yeah, Dublin were definitely due out first and were ~4 mins late coming out

It looked to me that both sets of players were trying to get to the bench for the team photo first.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Mac2

Quote from: gallsman on September 19, 2016, 03:01:18 PM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 19, 2016, 02:29:49 PM
Give it to me, big boy. This is just exactly how I like it. Oh, yeah.  ;D

Sigh. I thought you might actually be interested, oddly enough, in a discussion.

How about a kick in the balls instead, discussion my hole, all you want to do is spew invective against a great player.

yellowcard

Quote from: gallsman on September 19, 2016, 03:29:12 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on September 19, 2016, 03:15:39 PM
FFs to COC. When he first came on the scene I never thought he was that great and that his scoring rate was more down to the circumstance he found himself in than anything else.
But hes proved that to be complete bollocks, I also thought he may be a bit of a soft touch but he's proved that BS too.

Gallsman seems to have had the same opinion as I did but wants to hold on to it despite the player in question proving it wrong again and again

His brother on the other hand looks like a good footballer but hasnt proved it at all yet from what I have seen of him, and has done nothing to warrrant on the praise heaped on him

When has he proved it wrong again and again? Diarmuid is a vastly superior footballer and has shown in repeatedly in his shorter career to date.

Despite your denials, for some strange reason you really do hate him don't you.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Mac2 on September 19, 2016, 03:49:53 PM

Sigh. I thought you might actually be interested, oddly enough, in a discussion.

How about a kick in the balls instead, discussion my hole, all you want to do is spew invective against a great player.

Hes a good player not a great player to be fair

Farrandeelin

FFs to COC. When he first came on the scene I never thought he was that great and that his scoring rate was more down to the circumstance he found himself in than anything else.
But hes proved that to be complete bollocks, I also thought he may be a bit of a soft touch but he's proved that BS too.

Gallsman seems to have had the same opinion as I did but wants to hold on to it despite the player in question proving it wrong again and again

His brother on the other hand looks like a good footballer but hasnt proved it at all yet from what I have seen of him, and has done nothing to warrrant on the praise heaped on him

When has he proved it wrong again and again? Diarmuid is a vastly superior footballer and has shown in repeatedly in his shorter career to date.

Imagine if COC missed that last point at the end. We'd never hear the end of it from gallsman!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

gallsman

Woohoo, another one! I had no idea COC had such a large fan club! Invective? I'm impressed you know what the word even means. Pray tell, what invective have I been spewing?

A "great" footballer?! f**k me, maybe that's why Mayo can't win things. Considering that as great. Great my f**king hole. Tell me what other players you think are great and who he ranks alongside

gallsman

Quote from: yellowcard on September 19, 2016, 03:52:03 PM

How about you just answer the f**king question? Is he your mate or something? Is that why you're so offended?! I don't hate him in the slightest. I don't know him and I don't give two fucks about him. I just don't think he's all that much of a footballer. Is that really that difficult to comprehend?!

square_ball

He's no CJ McGourtey that's for sure but I think COC is a good forward more on a Dean Rock kinda level rather than a Bernard Brogan in his pomp (he was poor yesterday). I like that devilment in him too don't see much wrong with it though the yapping to the ref is annoying and should cut that crap out.

yellowcard

Quote from: gallsman on September 19, 2016, 03:57:23 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on September 19, 2016, 03:52:03 PM

How about you just answer the f**king question? Is he your mate or something? Is that why you're so offended?! I don't hate him in the slightest. I don't know him and I don't give two f**ks about him. I just don't think he's all that much of a footballer. Is that really that difficult to comprehend?!

Calm down, I'm not offended in the slightest and no he is not my mate. I don't even know him. Ok that's that cleared up then. You think he's an average footballer, I think he's one of the most consistent scorers and reliable freetakers in the country, we agree to disagree. 

gallsman

He's an excellent free taker. I don't dispute it. I don't think that makes a great footballer.

Mac2

Quote from: gallsman on September 19, 2016, 03:55:23 PM

Woohoo, another one! I had no idea COC had such a large fan club! Invective? I'm impressed you know what the word even means. Pray tell, what invective have I been spewing?

A "great" footballer?! f**k me, maybe that's why Mayo can't win things. Considering that as great. Great my f**king hole. Tell me what other players you think are great and who he ranks alongside
You're looking for rational discussion after abusing a player and you're too dense to recognise it?

omaghjoe

By his scoring rate season in season out...

Diarmuid looks quality but I've never seen him prove it with end results.

omaghjoe

JoG2

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 19, 2016, 03:52:47 PM

Hes a good player not a great player to be fair

I'd beg to differ. He's a great player right now. You do realise how important a free taker is, yes? Tyrone may well have been in yesterdays final if they had a free taker 1/2 as good and consistent as COC. Men like COC are as rare as hen's teeth and vitally important to any team with aspirations of winning the AI.  To continuously rake up the scores under serious pressure time and time again puts him the great category for me. With all the resources Dublin have at their disposal, Jim Gavin carries a free taker ie Dean Rock. Very average in general play but an ace marksman.