All-Ireland Final, September 18th, 2016 - Dublin v Mayo

Started by IolarCoisCuain, August 28, 2016, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PW Nally

Quote from: Jinxy on September 18, 2016, 10:03:32 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 18, 2016, 09:58:39 PM
I presume Keegan will be getting the same ban as Ricey did for his altercation with Connolly.

Good man Bomber. ;D ;D
The silence from the Free-State media is deafening.
;D

Boycey

Quote from: Fuzzman on September 19, 2016, 11:43:50 AM
I noticed some mayo people scattered around the hill as usual but there seemed to be a large section of Mayo fans all in the corner with a line of stewards in yellow bibs standing in the gangway as if to keep them in there. Then down at the bottom there was a huge number of stewards standing down there. It looked like they were expecting trouble.

That's where the stewards stand every week before they are called to their end of match positions

IolarCoisCuain

The abuse directed at Cillian O'Connor makes me, as a Mayoman, really happy. This sort of stuff:

Quote from: gallsman on September 18, 2016, 06:21:58 PM
O'Connor is most certainly a coward. As mentioned previously, he's a bad f**ker for sneaky hits off the ball. While he was hit a nasty wraparound by McAuley, it a only came after he tried to throw the shoulder in. He's a nasty little bollocks.

Isn't it brilliant? For years and years and years we've heard about there being no marquee forward in Mayo. Well, there by-God is now and just how impactful O'Connor is can measured by this sort of spluttering indignation. And you know the best thing? O'Connor is only twenty-five years old. He'll be around for years and years and years. Good times.  8)

JoG2

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 19, 2016, 12:22:55 PM
The abuse directed at Cillian O'Connor makes me, as a Mayoman, really happy. This sort of stuff:

O'Connor is most certainly a coward. As mentioned previously, he's a bad f**ker for sneaky hits off the ball. While he was hit a nasty wraparound by McAuley, it a only came after he tried to throw the shoulder in. He's a nasty little bollocks.

Isn't it brilliant? For years and years and years we've heard about there being no marquee forward in Mayo. Well, there by-God is now and just how impactful O'Connor is can measured by this sort of spluttering indignation. And you know the best thing? O'Connor is only twenty-five years old. He'll be around for years and years and years. Good times.  8)

24?

ashman

Why is the replay on a Saturday  ???

Will ticket prices be reduced.   I know the hurling tickets were well reduced from 80 to 50 for replays but this was due to the fact the games would not sell out.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: blast05 on September 19, 2016, 12:24:13 AM

And finally.... can Mayo expect an allocation of tickets for the central section of Hill 16 for the replay with Dub supporters split in the peripheral sections, i.e.: the reverse of today? No, of course not. What was I thinking

Another urban myth.

There is no segregation on the Hill.

Supporters naturally gravitate towards their own colours, so you get clusters of supporters in particular areas. I was on the centre of the Hill behind the goalposts. During the minor game there were groups of Mayo lads around us but they all gradually moved across to where the bulk of the Mayo supporters had positioned themselves.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

AZOffaly

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 19, 2016, 12:39:55 PM
Quote from: blast05 on September 19, 2016, 12:24:13 AM

And finally.... can Mayo expect an allocation of tickets for the central section of Hill 16 for the replay with Dub supporters split in the peripheral sections, i.e.: the reverse of today? No, of course not. What was I thinking

Another urban myth.

There is no segregation on the Hill.

Supporters naturally gravitate to towards their own colours, so you get clusters of supporters in particular areas. I was on the centre of the Hill behind the goalposts. During the minor game there were groups of Mayo lads around us but they all gradually moved across to where the bulk of the Mayo supporters had positioned themselves.

Ye f**king bullies!

gallsman

Boo f**king hoo, someone disagrees with your assessment of how good a player someone is.

O'Connor is massively over hyped and overrated. As I said yesterday, that he scored that point showed balls I didn't think he had. Mind you, he did foul the ball in the buildup...

A marquee forward? Catch yourself on. Any Mayo fans who say they'd trust COC to go out there and win them a tough game are talking complete balls.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Taylor on September 19, 2016, 09:54:10 AM
Lane has no balls. Black carded McCarthy then sh1t himself from making any other big decisions.

I wouldn't mind but of all the punishments he could have issued, McCarthy was probably the least deserving. MDMA, O'Shea, Connolly, O'Connor all did worse over the course of the game and stayed on the field.

AZOffaly

How was Cillian O'Connor not black carded?  That he then turned around and kicked the equaliser compounded it. I'm not sure Connolly's was a *deliberate* trip.

GalwayBayBoy

Dublin went 6/23 from play (26%) and 3/8 from frees (38%).

JoG2

Quote from: gallsman on September 19, 2016, 12:50:33 PM

Boo f**king hoo, someone disagrees with your assessment of how good a player someone is.

O'Connor is massively over hyped and overrated. As I said yesterday, that he scored that point showed balls I didn't think he had. Mind you, he did foul the ball in the buildup...

A marquee forward? Catch yourself on. Any Mayo fans who say they'd trust COC to go out there and win them a tough game are talking complete balls.

I'd say COC had won Mayo quite a few tough games.  You need balls of steal to kick frees in big matches in front of 10s of thousands and his conversion percentages speak for themselves and he does it time and time again.  The entire Dublin forward division Inc subs couldn't outscore him yesterday.  He's near enough the one forward in the country you could trust at the minute imo

yellowcard

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 19, 2016, 01:17:17 PM
Dublin went 6/23 from play (26%) and 3/8 from frees (38%).

Those stats just show how the media control the narrative. If Mayo had run up those sort of numbers they would be labelled 'bottlers'. Instead the narrative is that Dublin simply had an off day. Which is probably true as I think Dublin simply didn't play well enough on the day. Watching the match again I was surprised at just how mistakes Mayo made in possession as well. Both sides have a lot of room for improvement and I think conditions played a major factor in that.   

yellowcard

Quote from: gallsman on September 19, 2016, 12:50:33 PM

As a neutral it appears as though you are letting your obvious hatred for O'Connor skew your opinion. Whatever you think about O'Connor he certainly doesn't lack balls. He doesn't run up big tallies from play but as a free taker he is among the most reliable in the country. Rock misfired for Dublin yesterday in a way that O'Connor didn't but that doesn't mean he lacked the balls either, just simply had an off day. It happens sometimes.