Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

O'Cusack does my nut in. He's so far up his own arse it's unreal
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

INDIANA

the players at this stage should be told to f**k off. if half of them were half as good as mc carthy when he played then they wouldn't be miles behind the cats, he should turf them out.

Puckoon

Untenable position for a manager to be in already, unless he just plans to cull them.
How can you repair relations with a player/players who ask you not to take the job?

Tatler Jack

This will be even a bigger issue than last years football saga. At some stage the CB have to take on Donal Og, Sean Og and a few others who really think that they should run the whole show. Let there be no doubt about it this group of Cork players are so arrogant at thhis stage that they care not a rap for anything but their own glory. They will dress it up as being 100% prfessional, doing it for the next generation, etc but it is about themselves. And of course it is a useful mask for the failure to beat Kilkenny.

I am following and supporting Cork teams since I first came here nearly 30 years back - I have enough of this lot!!

INDIANA

would cork miss them at this stage? at some point enough is enough.

AZOffaly

Is anyone, anywhere surprised anymore at the carry on down there. I said it last year during the Teddy Holland dispute. The people in Cork GAA need to decide, once and for all, who they want running the GAA scene in the county. Is it officials on the Co. Board, who many people feel are exerting dictatorial influence, or is the the players?

What's ironic is how Frnak Murphy and co are the worst in the world when it comes to be November or December, but come May when some lad gets the line, he's their prince of the rule book again. Cork can't have their cake and eat it.

Tatler Jack

QuoteCork can't have their cake and eat it.

In the minds of a lot of Cork people they can!!! Players at club and county level now increasingly expect "officials" to have everything note perfect for them and at the same time will accuse the same "officials" of being power hungry, not interested in players, etc. And on the other side you will have officials who expect Cork to win everything and yet are not all that interested in players issues.

Having said that I believe that what is happening in Cork is what the GAA are facing - power is now with the county players and the GAA face a hige challenge to really define what it is about, what structures are appropriate and where clubs fit in. The Cork hurling panel see themselves as "Cork Hurling" and are completely dismissive to any arguments regarding the overall good of the GAA. The have conveniently and with media backing dressed up their various campaigns as being for the good of Cork and future generations. Now I am always wary of the "future generations" argument in politics or sport and in this case I am highly cynical. Frank Murphy's head still remains the prime objective rather than Liam McCarthy for a few of the hurling boys!!!

Minder

Youngfella i would delete that comment or you will be in the s*it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

orangeman

It could be that Mc Carthy is going to stand his ground and let Cusack and all those lads do whatever they want, ie play or pack it in.

Personally, these Cork lads are now starting to get up most people's noses.

Last year was bad enough, but another winter of discontent is going ot be lost on most people.

Time to cut Donal Og et al loose and show them the door and move on. They're not the guardians of Cork hurling.

johnneycool

Quote from: INDIANA on October 23, 2008, 11:24:10 PM

Donal O'g and Sully wouldn't be missed but Sean O'g O' Hailpin and gardiner would most certainly be but with Donal O'g seeming to rule the roost down there it's hard to tell if they be just so bolshie with him gone.

I wonder if he ever goes into management would he like being undermined by players all the time!

orangeman

Quote from: johnneycool on October 24, 2008, 01:05:31 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on October 23, 2008, 11:24:10 PM

Donal O'g and Sully wouldn't be missed but Sean O'g O' Hailpin and gardiner would most certainly be but with Donal O'g seeming to rule the roost down there it's hard to tell if they be just so bolshie with him gone.

I wonder if he ever goes into management would he like being undermined by players all the time!

He'll never get a decent job in Cork, not after his far too militant stance - I'm sure he get a jon in some of the factories in Cork as a shp steward with SITPU or some of those rebel outfits.

The general public are genuinely fed up with listening and reading about all this stuff in Cork.

Time was players wanted managers to give it "one more go" - now they want managers to eff off !

imtommygunn

Where is the angry cork man reillers when you want a comment from him...

McCarthy has never looked convincing in charge of Cork. They should have been better than they were and he seemed to be quite tactically naive. However it seems to be hard to please this bunch of players. If he goes who would want to take them on?

Gardiner wouldn't be near going would he? He should only be 26/27?

orangeman

Cork gave Kilkeeny a right game -

Does Donal Og and those lads reckon that there's an AI in this team ? Or do they just want their "own" man picked for the job ?

AZOffaly

Quote from: orangeman on October 24, 2008, 03:28:08 PM
Cork gave Kilkeeny a right game -

Does Donal Og and those lads reckon that there's an AI in this team ? Or do they just want their "own" man picked for the job ?

Cork gave Kilkenny a right game for 25 minutes. After Kilkenny weathered Cork's initial storm, they won pulling up.