PintsofGuinness and 5iveTimes - Rule 9

Started by Gaaboardmod3, February 11, 2008, 09:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaaboardmod3

Hi All,

I was on holidays over the weekend, and away from a PC. Obviously a spat has reignited between 5iveTimes and pintsofguinness, which got out of hand again very quickly. Gaaboardmod1 was around, and took the decision to lock and remove the thread which was the scene of battle, and that decision was correct in my view.

Just so everyone knows the story, in case something happens fairly soon that looks random, both pints and 5iveTimes are now subject to a Rule 9 warning. This means that

1. You do NOT mention the other poster in any post, regardless of content or context.
2. You do NOT direct a remark at the other poster, regardless of content or context.
3. You do NOT direct a question to the other poster, or answer a question posted by the other poster, regardless of content or context.

Basically you simply refuse to acknowledge the other person's existance for a period of not less than 1 month.

Ignoring this request will incur various bans, as per the specification in Rule 9.

I am currently reviewing the thread in the Moderators' forum, and if other sanctions need to be handed out, we will do so.

Please note, this is simply informational, and has been commiunicated to the two lads themselves as well. I am posting this here to provide clarification to other posters.

Regards
Mod3

Gaaboardmod3

OK,

Here is what I have come up with. This is going to be a long message, so bear with me.

First of all, the entire exchanges between both posters are definitely cause for a Rule 9 Warning, as has been given out, so no complaints there.

Now, as to the actual content of the thread, this a synopsis of the posts by both posters on this thread, as I read them.

Pints
'this isn't going to make me poplular but in these circumstances I always wonder what the victim done to get something like that?'

This is contentious, but no rules have been broken.

Pints
wouldn't it be very unusual for someone to pick a random house and go in and beat the occupant to death?

continuing in the same vein.

Pints
Yeah, but I don't have any sympathy.

It's a fact of life ziggy that these things very rarely happen to normal Joe soaps.

And again.

Pints
I'm just saying that I reserve judgement until I hear the whole story.

and I wouldn't wind up ona thread like this.

No problems.

This is where 5iveTimes makes his debut.
The Graffiti writers in West Belfast have a habit of getting things wrong. Remember "No Decomissioning", "Not a bullet, Not an ounce", they even had the cheek to call the 1994 surrender a victory. I wouldnt be taking everything thats written on a gable wall as gospel.
Yet again Pintsofguinness has shown what a coward he is. It is very easy to speak ill of the dead, as he did with Paul Quinn and John Mongan, but when it comes to saying things about living people and then backing up what he says, he has shown what he is really made of. Pints is a typical internet warrior, safe in the knowledge that he can hide behind his computer screen without ever having to face people in the real world.
A big man in his own little world, whos biggest act of rebellion is to park in the mother and toddler spaces outside Dunnes while he buys his TV dinners.
Neither Paul Quinn nor John Mongan were saints pints, but they both suffered horriffic deaths. One at the hands of a bunch of Knackers from South Armagh, the other was murdered by knackers from Derry. At least the knackers from Derry, dont claim to murder people in the name of Ireland.

The piece in bold is personal abuse, and the first interaction between both of them.

Now Pints responds
Paul Quinn was a thug murdered by thugs - John Mongan appears to be thug and murdered by thugs.
I fail to see at what part I should cry.  It is sad Mongan's wife and children had to witness the even but they're probably better off without him.

Isn't it ironic that you're on here refering to these murderers as "knackers" etc when you want to do the same to me over something I said on an internet discussion board.  Maybe you'd like to take the opportunity to lift your threats.

p.s. Not being interested in meeting up with someone for a fight over a internet discussion board does not mean your a coward, just sane.

The portion in bold is a breach of Rule 2. Relatives of Paul Quinn or John Mongan could easily take action against this forum for their loved ones being called 'thugs'.

Now 5iveTimes responds

Pints at no stage did I issue a threat. I offered you the chance of a "straightener", which you so bravely refused. You were very quick to say things about me on this board, especially while I was on holidays, but you would not back up anything that you said in person. Then again, it is hardly surprising, this board seems to be your life. You seem to spenf most of your waking hours on it and indeed plenty of hours when you cant sleep. To me you are like many from South Armagh, a big man in a crowd, but when it comes to the crunch you run away and hide. It is interesting to see that the man that instigated the murder of Paul Quinn, is seeking refuge in the PSNI. The one time sworn enemy of the people of Cullyhanna.
Earlier in this thread you stated
Always looking for excuses. Thankfully Ziggy summed things up pretty well,
No matter what John may or may not have been guilty of, he didnt deserve that. Today a one day old boy is lying in hospital, totally unaware that he will never know his father, that his life has been ruined before it even began. You seem quite happy with that.
John Mongan has a child buried in the cemetary in Dundalk, I presume John will be buried there too. If you are such a f**king hero, why dont you turn up and say what you have to say in public, in front of his friends and family. Otherwise shut the f**k up.

All just a continuation of rule 9 stuff.

Pints:
5 times you told me i'd never get near another key board, that i was a dead man and you implied you'd be waiting in the long grass for me.
are these threats or did i take you up wrong?

Rule 9 stuff

Pints again:
i'm not saying these people deserved what they got just that they I have no sympathy and I don't think it's desirable to have people beating each other to death.

Back to controversial, but not rule-breaking.

5iveTimes
You state above that you dont think its desireable to have people beating each other to death, yet it was pretty obvious to anyone who read the Paul Quinn thread that you were delighted at how that young man met his maker. No matter what these people did in life, they did not deserve to die in the way they did and for you to condone such acts is unbelievable. Stop trying to back track, I think it is pretty obvious for everyone to see that you are a great wee man for spouting rubbish from the safety of your office or own home, but out in the real world you are as cowardly and despicable as the people who killed Mongan.

That is serious personal abuse. Completely OTT.

5iveTimes again
Its a sad fact. That child has lost his father. Its not a great start in life.

No problems here.

Pints:
5times, did you or did you not threaten me 3 times. or what did you want me to go and meet you for? At least be man enough to clear this up.

Rule 9.

5iveTimes
This thread is not about me offering you the chance to show wether you are a man or a mouse. It is plainly obvious for everyone to see that you dont have the balls to back up your ramblings.
This thread is about a man who was murdered in front of his pregnant wife and then you taking great delight in that callous act, just like you did when Paul Quinn was so brutally murdered. Both Mongan and Quinn had something you never had. Courage. Now go away and run to teacher and report big bad 5Times for bullying you. You are a sad individual who doesnt seem to have a life beyond this discussion board.

Rule 9

Then it spirals into tit-for-tat rule 9 stuff, with 5iveTimes posting a few other Rule 1 violations (personal abuse).Pints specifically mentions the whole meeting up thing first in this thread.

I'd go and meet 5ivetimes if I thought he'd show up.

OK. Here is my decision.

Both posters are already on a rule 9 violation, and rightly so.

5iveTimes clearly crossed the line much more than pints in terms of personal abuse in this thread. I can count at least 5 incidences of it, with one very serious comment above. 

Pints definitely breached rule 2 in calling people thugs above, without any proof whatsover. That is a dangerous allegation, and very risky if friends or family of those people see, or are told about, remarks like that.

In general, as I read the thread, it seems pintsofguinness commented with his usual 'controversial' view. 5iveTimes was the one who began this latest round with your 'coward' post. After that, neither of them did much justice to themselves, and 5iveTimes was by far the more aggressive in his posts. Pints was the first to mention this idiotic 'meeting', and both of them look very, very silly in my eyes at least.

I am placing Pints on a warning for Rule 2 violation, along with his rule 9 warning.

I am placing 5iveTimes on a warning for Rule 1 violations, but this would be a ban if I had been around at the weekend, and he continually posted abuse. The next step for personal abuse is usually a 2 Day ban, but in this case, because of the level of abuse in this thread, your next offence will be a 10 day ban, equivalent of 3rd offence.

As per rules and regulations, I am posting this publicly as well as in a PM to both posters, to explain the reasons behind the decision.

Regards
mod3