Author Topic: Joe Canning retires  (Read 2801 times)

Kidder81

• View Profile
Re: Joe Canning retires
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2021, 01:54:00 PM »
Never forget his debut against Cork, but the two things that stand out the most are that reverse hand-pass and the swivel goal against Kilkenny where he should have been hooked but the man had magic in his wrists.

Was his debut not earlier that year V Antrim in Casement in the qualifiers ?

Maroon Manc

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2021, 01:59:36 PM »
The one they threw away was against Limerick. Realistically in those KK games they probably weren't good enough. When it came to it Joe stood up so could not be faulted.

Going to replays against Kilkenny & Clare did for Galway in 2018, should have been wrapped up the first day on both occasions.

mouview

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2021, 03:15:00 PM »
Never forget his debut against Cork, but the two things that stand out the most are that reverse hand-pass and the swivel goal against Kilkenny where he should have been hooked but the man had magic in his wrists.

To be pedantic, I think his debut came V Cork in the league semi-final in Limerick, a game they won, and he scored a typical sideline. Lost the final to Tipp' but even then he stood apart.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2021, 03:39:29 PM »

To be pedantic, I think his debut came V Cork in the league semi-final in Limerick, a game they won, and he scored a typical sideline. Lost the final to Tipp' but even then he stood apart.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/post/103557698/

Austin Gleeson's successful sideline cut puts him into joint second of the championship's all-time scoring list. His point puts him on eight, level with Clare's 1970's maestro Mick Moroney...he still has some way to catch the man in front however.

Joe Canning is on 28 and counting.
Lookit

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2021, 03:47:35 PM »

Austin Gleeson's successful sideline cut puts him into joint second of the championship's all-time scoring list. His point puts him on eight, level with Clare's 1970's maestro Mick Moroney...he still has some way to catch the man in front however.

Joe Canning is on 28 and counting.

You reckon he'll be back?

I don't think he's the type to be retiring more than once...

Blowitupref

• There will be at least 2 mins of additional time
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2021, 04:00:11 PM »

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2021, 04:05:51 PM »
I thought he'd more club. Near as many county club as AI club - you wouldn't see that in many clubs.

Some amount of honours.

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2021, 04:52:46 PM »

Austin Gleeson's successful sideline cut puts him into joint second of the championship's all-time scoring list. His point puts him on eight, level with Clare's 1970's maestro Mick Moroney...he still has some way to catch the man in front however.

Joe Canning is on 28 and counting.

You reckon he'll be back?

I don't think he's the type to be retiring more than once...

You often find, players that come on the scene very young don't last long into their 30's or fade out badly.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2021, 07:47:41 PM »
Lookit