Hurling championship 2021

Started by seafoid, April 27, 2021, 09:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 23, 2021, 11:30:59 PM
I'm not sure he meant to spear him but it was bloody dangerous and careless, honestly very nearly a disaster paralysis, red card for me

Are we hyping this up more than it was? Spearing him? Flip sake, the intent was to throw the player off his back, how he landed was bad and could have been worse, but he didn't (in my view) do it with malice.

He got man of the match and will probably pick up player of the year if he isn't cancelled!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 24, 2021, 09:18:03 AM
I'm not sure he meant to spear him but it was bloody dangerous and careless, honestly very nearly a disaster paralysis, red card for me

Are we hyping this up more than it was? Spearing him? Flip sake, the intent was to throw the player off his back, how he landed was bad and could have been worse, but he didn't (in my view) do it with malice.

He got man of the match and will probably pick up player of the year if he isn't cancelled!

Thats what I said.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 24, 2021, 09:19:29 AM

Thats what I said.

You're saying a red card though.... watching it pitch side it wasn't a red, the repeat views in slow mo would result in at least 5 red cards a game, I still in slow mo don't think its a red, two yellows and move on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 24, 2021, 09:30:03 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 24, 2021, 09:19:29 AM

Thats what I said.

You're saying a red card though.... watching it pitch side it wasn't a red, the repeat views in slow mo would result in at least 5 red cards a game, I still in slow mo don't think its a red, two yellows and move on

A lot of red cards are not intentional, but I just think the effort to throw a man over your shoulder in that way is much worse than the badly timed tap on the face guard/helmet which you see given as a red a lot.

He was motm, followed by Sean Finn.

Armagh18

Quote from: johnnycool on August 23, 2021, 04:14:08 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 23, 2021, 02:16:25 PM
Does he do judo or whatever? If so then tbh that is seriously bad form. The guy shouldn't be at him yes but you can't be doing that. If you practise that stuff you are only supposed to ever use it for self defense.

Cork lad threw a bit of a forearm/hurl into his neck so initiated the incident. Not sure about the judo side of things, looks instinctive to grab the arm as he was falling himself to be a judo move but no expert on that side of things.

Two yellows were fine..

No talk about the potential penalty and sin binning of the Cork defender who just wrapped his arms around Guillane preventing a goal scoring opportunity??
Wasn't much more than bit of wrestling tbh was it?

Armagh18

clonadmad

Thrown not Blown,

236 illegal handpasses across 210 minutes of hurling

Read all about it

https://thepremierviewpodcast.com/thrown-not-blown

burdizzo

Absolutely. Cian Lynch is great and all, but he's one of the worst offenders. Hardly ever handpasses it, just throws it. How the hell have we got to this position?!!

johnnycool

Quote from: burdizzo on August 26, 2021, 04:22:57 PM
Absolutely. Cian Lynch is great and all, but he's one of the worst offenders. Hardly ever handpasses it, just throws it. How the hell have we got to this position?!!

"ah shure ref, will ye let it flow?" is exactly how we got here.

imtommygunn

Don't get me wrong I love the hurling but it's not just throws are let go - there's some of them top county games and you wonder has the referee lost his whistle. There were a lot of complaints in the league about refs going soft. They were probably just blowing fouls...

Milltown Row2

I think hurling men are loving it and football men are jealous

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: clonadmad on August 26, 2021, 03:53:58 PM
Thrown not Blown,

Read all about it

I've been saying it for years

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 26, 2021, 11:26:00 PM
Thrown not Blown,

Read all about it

The same goes for steps and the dodgy handpass in football, very rarely (myself included, as a ref) do we pull it up for exactly more than 4 steps (or time takes for four steps).. nearly every other rule is easier to call

imtommygunn

It might go for steps but not for dodgy hand passes.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 26, 2021, 11:48:09 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 26, 2021, 11:26:00 PM
Thrown not Blown,

Read all about it

The same goes for steps and the dodgy handpass in football, very rarely (myself included, as a ref) do we pull it up for exactly more than 4 steps (or time takes for four steps).. nearly every other rule is easier to call
Its among the reasons for the huge scorelinea
Defenders don't havd time to react to a thrown ball