Quote from: sid waddell on September 15, 2017, 12:58:03 AM
Quote from: stew on September 15, 2017, 12:38:40 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 15, 2017, 12:29:40 AM
Quote from: stew on September 14, 2017, 10:34:50 PM
Quote from: Hectic on September 14, 2017, 10:09:16 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 14, 2017, 12:57:45 AM
Quote from: Hectic on September 14, 2017, 12:30:42 AM

No I am being deadly serious here.

He uses the word kn**ker, which means someone who disposes of dead animals, to seemingly describe people with a certain collective way of thinking.

I do not doubt it was meant in a derogatory way but nonetheless I do not think the travelling community need to be referenced.

Or what are these laws that allow members of the travelling community to use a word when others are not allowed to use it? That is a genuine question as well as I am not up to speed with the specifics of Irish law.
So you do not doubt it was meant in a derogatory way.

These days the word is mainly used in a derogatory, racist way against the Travelling Community and when it's used in a derogatory way against anybody, even if they're not Travellers, it becomes a racist term. Whoever the slur is made against are equated to Travellers, with the automatic implication that the Travelling Community are the lowest of the low in society.

It's a custom that members of communities that are currently or have historically been oppressed can appropriate words that have commonly been used against them and use them as they wish, while if people who are not members of that community use these words as a slur it is most certainly considered both derogatory and racist, or in the case of the gay or transgender communities, homophobic or transphobic respectively.

Derogatory in the same way as if some called those with a certain collective way of thinking a bunch of vaginas. I would not be thinking that they were literally meaning that is what they are, I would identify it as derogatory but I would not then be turning round and saying it was a sexist remark.

As far as the rest of your post is concerned I am at a complete loss to understand - are you saying people of a specific group can use a derogatory term all they want if it is a term that is in some way associated with them in a derogatory manner but when anyone else uses it it is justification for hanging, drawing and quartering?  Surely these terms are either acceptable or not full stop?

A note on Irish travellers and your 'lowest of the low in society' - do you know any Irish travellers?  From my experience they are proud, hard working people.  They have great faith and much stronger values than many in the population.  Yes there are a few rogues but not any more than society in general.

I do know some yes, from my experience they are thieving, filthy feckers who never done a days work in their lives, granted my experience of them is about 25 years old, I have never had any time for them and avoid them at all cost, and will continue to do so, as for their faith? I don't see it, you seem to love them however, next time they are camping in Armagh I will let you know so you can help them clean up after themselves..............................Oh wait!
Your opinion of Travellers was so predictable.

You'd do well to take note of that old saying "better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt".

Would you let one of them stay in your house for one night??? I know I wouldn't.

I love pushing your buttons siddles, you are sooooo easy )

This is a discussion ! Do try and keep upforum last time I checked, if everyone acted like you all the time sid and got offended at everything when told to by popular opinion via the media, this site would die on the vine, you are a bleeding heart liberal sidley, cant you love me too????  :)
You don't "push anybody's buttons", mate.

Oh sidley we both know that is a lie.

You're just thought of as a bigoted, racist fool.

I am not a racist, I simply have no use for people who beg, steal and permanently borrow shit they don't own, that pollute every area they inhabit and who are generally seen in a very poor light by all bar the stupid f**kers on the left that are apologists for them! I have not met a single one of them with an ounce of decency in them, that's nothing but personal experience and fact,

You know a former traveller, ONE former traveller, I am sure he was a great lad you had over to your home many times..Yeaahhhh.

If you still lived in Ireland you'd fit right in in the DUP.

I do live in Ireland you tit
Arlene Foster will be delighted to hear that. I'd say you'd be great on the canvass.

sid waddell

Quote from: stew on September 15, 2017, 09:34:30 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 15, 2017, 08:58:57 AM
Quote from: punt kick on September 15, 2017, 08:11:22 AM
You friendly with many travellers sid? Like J70 and other chic liberals on here your rhetoric hides your own bigotry - all hollow words kid. I love Stews honesty.
I have one friend that comes from a Traveller background. Why do you ask, mate? Do you think one must have friends from a certain background to object to racist bigotry against them?

I don't have any six year old transgender friends who wear dresses, but that doesn't mean I don't object to neanderthal bigotry against them which is entirely naked, like yours.

The one thing you'll always get from me is honesty - and I honestly think you're a despicable piece of shit, who like stewpid, would fit right in in the DUP, or the TUV, or at an 11th of July bonfire with tricolours and dolls of black people on the top.

That type of "honesty" is the type of "honesty" you go in for.

OOOOH sid, You have lost the plot kid!

No one on here is bigoted against the 6 year old child, they are upset at his parents for putting him in a position were he could well be bullied, that and the fact he is a 6 year old but his liberal arsehole parents chose to use him to cause controversy.
I love when bullies like yourself try and portray themselves as having the best interests of their victims at heart.

"Just do exactly as we say, and we won't bully you!"

"We're actually looking out for your interests!"

A classic DUP position.

punt kick

Quote from: sid waddell on September 15, 2017, 09:27:22 AM
Quote from: punt kick on September 15, 2017, 09:11:18 AM
You friendly with many travellers sid? Like J70 and other chic liberals on here your rhetoric hides your own bigotry - all hollow words kid. I love Stews honesty.
I have one friend that comes from a Traveller background. Why do you ask, mate? Do you think one must have friends from a certain background to object to racist bigotry against them?

I don't have any six year old transgender friends who wear dresses, but that doesn't mean I don't object to neanderthal bigotry against them which is entirely naked, like yours.

The one thing you'll always get from me is honesty - and I honestly think you're a despicable piece of shit, who like stewpid, would fit right in in the DUP, or the TUV, or at an 11th of July bonfire with tricolours and dolls of black people on the top.

Ah poor wee Sid, you know one person from a traveller background, but not a traveller - ah bless, you really are so liberal.  By the way son I wasn't objecting to the kid more his fuckwit parents for imposing their will on the lad, maybe if you stop pulling the plums of yourself and ever get a woman and have kids you will think different.
The only person who wants to impose their will on a six your old child is yourself, pal.

People who do that are generally socially maladjusted freaks who can't deal with life.

You've given no indication that you're any different.

Poor Sid, that is some hole you are digging for yourself Kid, any chance you want to back that statement up, poor poor Sid and his mate from a traveller background.

punt kick

Quote from: sid waddell on September 15, 2017, 09:43:36 AM

No one on here is bigoted against the 6 year old child, they are upset at his parents for putting him in a position were he could well be bullied, that and the fact he is a 6 year old but his liberal arsehole parents chose to use him to cause controversy.
I love when bullies like yourself try and portray themselves as having the best interests of their victims at heart.

A classic DUP position.

Whereas a bully like you tries to win an argument by name calling and trying to degrade folk, you are a lovely human being - poor poor wee Sid.

sid waddell

Quote from: punt kick on September 15, 2017, 09:43:53 AM

Ah poor wee Sid, you know one person from a traveller background, but not a traveller - ah bless, you really are so liberal.  By the way son I wasn't objecting to the kid more his fuckwit parents for imposing their will on the lad, maybe if you stop pulling the plums of yourself and ever get a woman and have kids you will think different.
The only person who wants to impose their will on a six your old child is yourself, pal.

People who do that are generally socially maladjusted freaks who can't deal with life.

Poor Sid, that is some hole you are digging for yourself Kid, any chance you want to back that statement up, poor poor Sid and his mate from a traveller background.
Sorry, I shouldn't have said "the only person" - there's obviously stewpid, Tony Fearon and all the other child-bullying, religious fundamentalist whack jobs too.

sid waddell

Quote from: punt kick on September 15, 2017, 09:45:43 AM

A classic DUP position.

Whereas a bully like you tries to win an argument by name calling and trying to degrade folk, you are a lovely human being - poor poor wee Sid.
Em, I know it's pretty obvious you have the memory of a goldfish, but even by that standard it's pretty forgetful of you to not remember that your whole contribution to this thread has been to try and degrade people.

Nobody can degrade you, as you manage it entirely by yourself.

punt kick

Quote from: sid waddell on September 15, 2017, 09:45:54 AM
Quote from: punt kick on September 15, 2017, 09:43:53 AM

Sorry, I shouldn't have said "the only person" - there's obviously stewpid, Tony Fearon and all the other child-bullying, religious fundamentalist whack jobs too.

Again Kid - read this carefully - you mind backing up your statement in bold, else stop making a fool of yourself kid, you better run you will have missed school assembly.

punt kick

Quote from: sid waddell on September 15, 2017, 09:48:39 AM

A classic DUP position.

Em, I know it's pretty obvious you have the memory of a goldfish, but even by that standard it's pretty forgetful of you to not remember that your whole contribution to this thread has been to try and degrade people.

You really are as thick as shite.

sid waddell

Quote from: punt kick on September 15, 2017, 09:50:01 AM

A classic DUP position.

Please forgive me while I pick myself up off the floor laughing at you calling anybody else thick as shite.  ;D

outinfront

Not going to get involved in this tit for tat argument but have I missed something? Where is the evidence to suggest that the parents have taken this decision to cause controversy or push an agenda?

punt kick

Quote from: outinfront on September 15, 2017, 09:59:46 AM
Not going to get involved in this tit for tat argument but have I missed something? Where is the evidence to suggest that the parents have taken this decision to cause controversy or push an agenda?

Because a 6 year old boy doesn't ask mummy can he go to school in a dress.

punt kick

Quote from: sid waddell on September 15, 2017, 09:56:21 AM

A classic DUP position.

Please forgive me while I pick myself up off the floor laughing at you calling anybody else thick as shite.  ;D

So you are going to offer no evidence up, poor poor poor wee Sid and his friend from a traveller background.

outinfront

Quote from: punt kick on September 15, 2017, 10:01:30 AM
Quote from: outinfront on September 15, 2017, 09:59:46 AM

Because a 6 year old boy doesn't ask mummy can he go to school in a dress.

How do you know this? How do you know this isn't really difficult for the parents involved? I am not passing judgment on the decision but as far as I can see you are presuming a lot here.

outinfront

I guess what I mean is it appears that all the facts are not available, nor have you any suitable experience of the issue. Therefore what you are saying is uninformed opinion, not fact.

sid waddell

Quote from: punt kick on September 15, 2017, 10:02:14 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 15, 2017, 09:56:21 AM

A classic DUP position.

So you are going to offer no evidence up, poor poor poor wee Sid and his friend from a traveller background.
Read the thread back, pal, if you're able to read.

Or go to school (in a dress, if you wish). And learn to read.

I do hate to use such cliched a INTERNET barb, but when talking to somebody who is quite clearly a child one has to try and converse on their level.