Sketchy... hit or miss?

Started by longrunsthefox, November 06, 2010, 12:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Brutal. I watched a few of those sketches and didn't even come close to laughing. Cringeworthy.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 06, 2010, 02:12:28 PM
Brutal. I watched a few of those sketches and didn't even come close to laughing. Cringeworthy.

Give it time and maybe will bed in. i was dispointed as well but hopeing it will grow on us I suppose.

fitzroyalty

I've seen worse. The actual sketches are better than his stand up IMO. He's the type of comedian I could like (kinda a poor man's Neil Delamere) but I can see why he doesn't have a broad appeal. Dunno about anyone else but that Wander wi Willie sketch was hilarious - if like me you enjoy ridiculing the Ulster Scot programme that it's parodying.

JUst retired

I missed the show on Wed. night but saw it was repeated again at the week end. That gave me the chance to miss it again.

Hurler on the Bitch

Jury still out for me, but give him a chance as at least some (a good bit?) of it was refreshing. Also, goes beyond the 'tell a taig joke' and then 'tell a prod one' ..

ONeill

Mmmm - still hit and miss, being kind.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

supersarsfields

Terrible, terrible tv. Cringeworthy!! Seriously was there anything funny there at all? 

DuffleKing

Haven't seen this at all but was skipping past it and thought I saw barry "the blender" henderson ?

ONeill

Yea, twas him I think. Get the feeling that Corr is on the verge of being funny at times but some sketches are poor to average..

the Deel Rover

happened to come across this show while waiting for match of the day christ it was brutul
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ONeill

Series 2 on tonight around 10:30. Again, I hope it works out well for him...but...I still fear the worst. Hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on October 05, 2011, 08:28:30 PM
Series 2 on tonight around 10:30. Again, I hope it works out well for him...but...I still fear the worst. Hope I'm pleasantly surprised.
Sure you can be the one to watch it and let us know for Episode 2.

michaelg

Begs the question - Who commisioned this pish? 

ONeill

Wasn't deadly now.

Again, he's close to being funny at times but ...... feck me.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: michaelg on October 05, 2011, 10:57:37 PM
Begs the question - Who commisioned this pish?
Probably the Head of Comedy in BBCNI who has perpetrated other crimes against humanity such as Give My Head Peace and Dry Your Eyes.