1/4 Finals:

Derry 4-10 London 3-12

Down Millions Armagh 0-14  :(

1/2 Final:

Derry V Down - 14 June, 3.30pm, Casement

Final:

Antrim V Derry/ Down - 28 June, 3.30pm, TBC

Tony Baloney

Armagh v Donegal should be a good one. Down are in disarray so I'd like to see either of these teams give them some trouble.

Any location and date/time for the Armagh match?

emainmacha

Here's a link to photo's of Armagh V Monaghan, though looking at the response to this thread there would appear to be little or no interest building for Ulster Hurling just yet

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16144312@N07/?saved=1

If link not work just copy and paste in address bar

slow corner back

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 09, 2009, 08:44:36 PM
Armagh v Donegal should be a good one. Down are in disarray so I'd like to see either of these teams give them some trouble.

Any location and date/time for the Armagh match?

From the little I have seen of Donegal club teams they have some big men who are good in the air, lacking a little stickwork however. Would fancy Armagh to continue their upward trend and see them off by 4 or 5 points. Having said that I am not an officiando on either side.

Gnevin

Quote from: emainmacha on May 11, 2009, 01:18:37 PM
Here's a link to photo's of Armagh V Monaghan, though looking at the response to this thread there would appear to be little or no interest building for Ulster Hurling just yet

Maybe these games should be paired with the football to draw a crowd and expose more people too Hurling
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

AFS

Quote from: Gnevin on May 11, 2009, 10:49:15 PM
Quote from: emainmacha on May 11, 2009, 01:18:37 PM

Maybe these games should be paired with the football to draw a crowd and expose more people too Hurling

Nah it wouldn't really work cuz the format of the two championships is so different and the teams involved rarely match up. It would also mean bumping the minor footballers out of the way, which not too many would be in favour of.

Though, there may be scope for pairing up Rackard and Meagher cup games with football qualifiers (I think these games would be on around the same time).

If Armagh beat Donegal to set up a game with Down it would be nice if a bit of effort went into advertising it locally. Armagh have an outside chance of causing an upset and, considering its two neighbouring counties, it would have the potential to draw a bit of a crowd (maybe 2 or 3 thousand, which would be very good) if they play up the rivalry thing. They'd need to play is somewhere reasonably central though, not up in Belfast or out in Ards or Keady.

slow corner back

Surely Newry would be the obvious choice for that game, dont both counties claim part of Newry?

AFS

Quote from: slow corner back on May 11, 2009, 11:11:51 PM
Surely Newry would be the obvious choice for that game, dont both counties claim part of Newry?

Newry would be grand, as close to half way between the two hurling areas of both counties as possible. Playing it in Belfast would also probably make it handy enough to get to from Ards and Keady/ Middletown, but none of the football fraternity in South Armagh or South Down, who might have a passing interest in it, would bother heading up there. If it was in Newry and there was a bit of promotion in some of the local papers in the week before, it could attract a decent crowd I think.

awfulynice

I see you have Antrim in the ulster final...i didnt realise the ulster championship was in this format. So Antrim compete in both Leinster and Ulster?? Is there a connaught championship that Galway will be competing in?? ???

How do the other counties in ulster feel about antrim being granted free passage into the ulster final whilst they have to go through the qtr finals etc?? ???

How would they fit this championship in if Antrim ever become succesful on the all - ireland stage...for example if they got to quarter final / semi final stage the ulster championship would have to stay on hold all summer long waiting for one team.

slow corner back

The Ulster championship final is scheduled for the week before Antrim play Dublin so fitting in the fixtures is not a problem, Antrim winning a few matches in the McCarthy cup might be!

Red Hurley

Is Keady and Middletown the only two areas in Armagh that would be interested in travelling to an Armagh hurling match?

AFS

Quote from: Red Hurley on May 13, 2009, 10:11:58 AM
Is Keady and Middletown the only two areas in Armagh that would be interested in travelling to an Armagh hurling match?

Well the majority of the players are from these two clubs, so its logical to assume that the majority of the support come from these areas too.

Caid

Not expecting big things from Fermanagh against a very strong London team this weekend.  Hopefully we can keep it to a sub 15 point defeat, but I wouldnt be optimstic about that!
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

Harold Disgracey

Armagh minors beat Donegal 3-23 to 0-3 in Maghera today.

FermPundit

London 1-23 0-7 Fermanagh 

Cork native Martin Finn bagged 1-8 as London advanced to the semi-finals of the Ulster Senior Hurling Championship after a comfortable win at Ruislip.

Finn netted London's goal early in the second half after the Exiles had romped to a 0-10 to 0-3 half-time advantage.

Fermanagh held an early lead with Ryan Bogue on target but their hopes faded after failing to score in the 22 minutes up to the break.

Finn's goal stretched the gap as London surged clear in the second half.

It was a heavy defeat but I don't think anything else was on the cards to be honest. Given that there are only two hurling clubs in the county, the Fermanagh boys can be very proud of their achievements in this year's Ulster Championship.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.