The best score YOU ever scored

Started by Zulu, January 26, 2008, 12:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

There are numerous topics about fellas favourite score on this site, well how about lads  posting memories of their own favourite score. My own was a county minor final, I was only 16 and I hit a beaut with the outside of the boot from about 25m (though it's getting longer each year). I'll probably come baqck with others but man that was special. Anyone else willing to relive their glory years?

ONeill

Mine, was in a game against (always was) Stewartstown in the minor semi-final. I got a bollocking at HT for being lazy. First min of second half, won a breaking ball on 21, turned marker and bottom of net, low and hard like a terrior's tool,  from 14. Within a minute knocked over point from distance. One of those periods when confidence was in abundance. Receive a clip soon after. Never recovered.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

TacadoirArdMhacha

We were 4 points down to our deadliest local rivals (Silverbridge) in an u16 championship semi final. Our midfielder had just caught the ball in midfield and ran 40 yards with the ball before scoring a goal. He was a verge of doing the same again but he was held up by defenders about 13 yards out. He slipped the ball to me and I hammered it home. Then I got another scrappier goal 2 minutes later and we won by 2 points. Was absolutely brilliant and no doubt was the highlight of my otherwise far from illustrious career.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Son_of_Sam

Mine was a Gary Lineker toe poke playing football (Real GAA football). Don't score goals too often.

Zulu

Sorry lads but I'll have to have another go, it was a schools match and about 5 minutes earlier a team-mate had missed a good goal scoring chance, now, from a similar position the chance fell to me and I hung it up, maybe it was my imagination or I'm adding legs to the story in my older years but I was sure my teacher/coach said 'that's how you you finish a goal chance' as I was wheeling away.

J70

Scored plenty of beauts in soccer, but I think I've only two or three points to my name in gaelic (:-[), all from around 30 yards out in front in front of the posts (I was a corner back, and stopped playing gaelic once I went to college).

Puckoon

The best score I never scored was a storming run from our own 40 right up to the 21 where I was unceremoniously dumped on my ring by the fullback for St Pius Magherafelt as I was about to pull the trigger. Our wing half back knocked over the resulting free.

Tyrones own

Best score for me was up behind the club in Blackwatertown in the back of Sam Millers bus ;) ;D
actually not too many to note as i played corner back most of my playing days and didn't venture too far.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

FL/MAYO

Scored the winning point from the end line in a game at Gaelic Park New York years ago. The commentator at the time in Gaelic Park was Tommy Smith from ESPN he said "FL/Mayo scores a great point he can scarcely believe it himself", the fecker I did mean it.

The Real Laoislad

A 21year old Swedish girl in Copper Face Jacks one night
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

Laoislad, didnt your girl get mad one day when you mentioned seeing a movie with another girl years before you met her? Youd better wipe that last comment off there before she comes on the board.

Hardy

Ah it's OK. You could believe the one about going to the pictures.

The Claw

Hurling - big high catch about 45 yards out, went on a solo run up to the 21, an opponent came in to dunt me in the back, another came to block from the front. Got the shot away , ended up face down on the turf, looked up just in time to see the sliotar fizz inside the left post.It doesnt have a happy ending though, we lost...
Football: (Note:I've a rep for not being able to hit a cow's arse with a banjo) Minor championship, out on the left, about 10 metres from the sideline, off the inside of my left foot (my good one, im not that lucky),sailed over, Sweeet

DUBSFORSAM1

Dublin schools U18 semi-final running across the 22 when the ball played in and the full forward missed it - connected first time pull in the air and rocketed in off the post/crossbar.....total fluke
Football playing for Lux in Brussels - 7-a-side - hit a sideline ball with the outside of right foot straight over the bar from right hand side - ref cancelled score for being in own half (playing small pitch obviously)

youngfella

Best goal happened to be the best match too, I dip the ball at the side line out near the 21. I go round my man and then the big full back comes out to do me i sidestep the lad and drill the ball into the net by the near post. In the game I set-up three other goal's. We win. The next game I'm on the bench watching the mangers son get skinned... still hurts me to this day. 
Pull hard and early