Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GJL

3rd and 4th gonna be tight!  :o

Cunny Funt

A hard earned and important win tonight under pressure after Chelsea and Leicester won. 19 games unbeaten now scoring 50 goals and conceding just 8 goals in that run.

More than one eye will be on the West Ham game next Wednesday so should be interesting to see how strong of a side Ole selects for Sundays FA Cup semi final.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 16, 2020, 10:39:00 PM
A hard earned and important win tonight under pressure after Chelsea and Leicester won. 19 games unbeaten now scoring 50 goals and conceding just 8 goals in that run.

More than one eye will be on the West Ham game next Wednesday so should be interesting to see how strong of a side Ole selects for Sundays FA Cup semi final.

Chelsea will not prioritise the FA cup either over top 4! Expect both teams to be different
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Never beat the deeler

The battles for European places and PL safety are intrinsically entwined.

Chelsea play a Liverpool team in party mode (or are they going to want to win their last home game as champions? Probably not, if there were fans there the motivation would be different). Chelsea's final game against Wolves in sixth with nothing to play for.

Leicester play Spurs (7th, nothing to play for) before their last game home to Utd.

Utd have a game against West Ham who still aren't safe (3 points clear with a game in hand plus much better goal difference)
West Ham play Watford prior to the United game where a win would leave them safe, but if they get 0 / 1pt they will need something from the Utd game to avoid a last day shootout with Villa (if Villa don't beat Arsenal this is moot)
Hasta la victoria siempre

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2020, 10:49:54 PM

Chelsea will not prioritise the FA cup either over top 4! Expect both teams to be different

They rested a few players against Norwich yesterday and have the two extra days to prepare for this cup tie. I'd be surprised if Lampard doesn't choose his first choice 11 to start on Sunday.

GJL

He can do whatever he wants. Utd should play the reserve team.

NAG1

Tough schedule and probably is exposing the lack of depth (quality wise) in the squad.

Couple of things from last night, I thought Pogba stepped up to the mark starting to look like the mid fielder that is required. Good on the ball, held it well when needed, few driving runs, some serious attacking passes and follow up runs. Just needs to do this more frequently as we all know.

Anyone notice that in the drink breaks that Ole seems to always go to him and give him the messages and tactics.

I know he has been out for a long time and probably isnt a natural left back but TFM looked badly off the pace at times last night.

Interesting run in to say the least and should leave the squad in good shape for the Europa competition.

general

I can see the table finishing

Leicester 3rd
Man Utd 4th
Chelsea 5th

just have a feeling chelsea will slip up in both games remaining. Liverpool although have nothing to gain will want to prove a point and i think wolves will nick a point at the bridge

BennyCake

Tottenham will take points off Leicester. But United lose to Leicester and they'll probably lose out on goal difference.

Boycey

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 16, 2020, 10:55:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2020, 10:49:54 PM

They rested a few players against Norwich yesterday and have the two extra days to prepare for this cup tie. I'd be surprised if Lampard doesn't choose his first choice 11 to start on Sunday.

There are a lot of ifs and ands but for me Chelsea have to travel to Liverpool 3 days after Cup semi as opposed to United who are at home to West Ham so I'd make a case for Chelsea resting more players for Sunday than Utd?

Yes I know home to Southampton didn't work out exactly swimmingly last week  ;D

Chelsea need at least a point from Anfield to avoid the chance of a convenient draw between Leicester and United on the final day squeezing them out.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyCake

How long do we have to put up with this useless dungbag?

Ffs, get rid! Enough is enough.

bennydorano

Reminds of Fernando Torres, went from unreal to a dose so quickly

imtommygunn

I think he wanted out years ago and has just been coasting so hasn't been at the top of his game. Definitely was great in his day but bit of a liability now.