Leinster Minor Hurling 2019

Started by burdizzo, April 24, 2019, 04:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo

Yeah, I thought he looked good in the first game against Westmeath, but he subsequently fell out of favour for some reason. Seems to have made an impact when brought on on Saturday.

Not at all surprised to see Offaly beaten by Kildare. I assume that means next year Laois and Offaly will be in tier 2, and Kildare in tier 1?

Keyser Söze

Quote from: burdizzo on June 10, 2019, 02:41:40 PM
Yeah, I thought he looked good in the first game against Westmeath, but he subsequently fell out of favour for some reason. Seems to have made an impact when brought on on Saturday.

Not at all surprised to see Offaly beaten by Kildare. I assume that means next year Laois and Offaly will be in tier 2, and Kildare in tier 1?

I reckon Kildare will do better than Laois or Offaly v the big guns. Bigger, physically more advanced and definitely not short on confidence.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

MasterJ

Sadly Kildare are better then Laois at Minor hurling.

The PRO

Quote from: MasterJ on June 11, 2019, 07:59:51 AM
How come we beat them earlier on this year then? They might well be at our level but a pretty sweeping statement to say they're better than Laois.

Don Draper

Would you away and shite.

Zooming around

Laois beat Kildare this year. Also, I can't ever recall any of these squads losing to Kildare up along.

GAA-SMART

What a silly comment, teams go further than other teams because of the draw they get more often or not- Id of said our Minors would of beaten Offaly in normal time but who knows. The Minor Hurlers have put in some very good performances and should be proud of themselves.

clonadmad

Only a puck of a ball between ourselves and Kildare at minor level this year

burdizzo

Exactly. One solitary point, and Laois only came from behind late on to just get over the line.

I wonder will Kildare be able to sustain it?

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on June 11, 2019, 02:06:56 PM
Only a puck of a ball between ourselves and Kildare at minor level this year
Only one is required.

SpeculativeEffort

This 'who is better' debate is pointless. It looks like Laois, Offaly and Kildare are of a similar standard. Laois were competitive and a little unlucky v Wexford do perhaps kildare have stepped up (this year anyway). Carlow did similar for a few years in the 00s and have made a solid base from these players. A minor team similar to this years for Laois every year would be a very solid base for a future Laois senior teams.

Zooming around

Has the 2020 Laois Minor Hurling Management been finalised yet?

merman

Quote from: Zooming around on August 20, 2019, 03:18:16 PM

Few details to be ironed out but I think it best to not to speculate until anything is confirmed.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: merman on August 20, 2019, 04:05:17 PM

Few details to be ironed out but I think it best to not to speculate until anything is confirmed.

You involved....or a club mate....?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Zooming around

Quote from: merman on August 20, 2019, 04:05:17 PM

It's a very important appointment and i hope our hapless board get it right. Knowing them they'll probably appoint Eamon Kelly.