What were your highlights from this year’s all Ireland championship ?

Started by seafoid, September 20, 2018, 12:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

priceyreilly

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 20, 2018, 05:38:39 PM
As a lifelong fan of Gaelic football I have seen and admired some great footballing dynasties each of whom at their peak looked as if they could go on forever. The first "unbeatable" team that I remember was three-in-a-row Galway of the mid-1960s. They were the epitome of class, and although Dublin fell victim to them a few times during those years I always admired their style and polished skills. The great Kerry team of the late 70s and 80s broke my heart many times as did the men of Meath in the late 80s and 90s. And then of course Kerry and Tyrone grabbed the initiative in the early 2000s. (God we were even beaten by Kildare then  ;))

Anyway, it's now our turn to be classed as unbeatable and I'm really enjoying it. So I've no hesitation in saying that my highlight of the championship was All Ireland Final day 2018.

I would like to add my voice to this and congratulate this years All Ireland football champions. Here they are posing for the camera:

tonto1888

Our comeback against Clare. Despite the result our game against Roscommon. Clifford. All the crying after Dublin won another AI

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

haranguerer

Yous are watching too much of the Sunday Game  ::)

For me:

Tyrone v Monaghan in Omagh - sensational game (the second game was also great)
Donnellys goal Fermanagh v Monaghan
Monaghan in general
Carlows joy
Atmosphere before Ulster final in Clones
First 20 min of All Ireland final
Jack McCaffreys recovery - better than ever