Paul Kimmage interviews Sean Cavanagh

Started by Jinxy, September 09, 2018, 08:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APM

I know this was nothing new, but the stuff on Mass and the Rosary for me is something that the Tyrone CB should be looking very strongly at.  Totally inappropriate given the message it sends out to those with other faiths and none, that have an interest in playing Gaelic Football. 

Maroon Manc

Cavanagh doesn't seem to hold much hope for Tyrone going forward, its clear he doesn't think there's an All Ireland in this team.

Christmas Lights

Brolly seems to be loathed in GAA circles.  Came over with his hood over his head.  McManus just walked away.  All sounded very awks.  Brolly seems to have some sort of hyperactive personality doesn't he?

Rudi

Regarding the player spitting and biting, despicable stuff. Remember playing a club game against a notorious shower of dirty ba#tards. Was moved in to full forward for the last ten minutes, walked towards the full back he some how managed to go inside my boxers and grab my ball sack, which he proceeded to hold for about 6 minutes.  Nothing I could do he literally had me by the balls. Early season had decided it was my last year playing, this incident ended my interest in playing. Fat headed red neck f×cktard.

APM

Quote from: Rudi on September 10, 2018, 11:26:48 AM
Regarding the player spitting and biting, despicable stuff. Remember playing a club game against a notorious shower of dirty ba#tards. Was moved in to full forward for the last ten minutes, walked towards the full back he some how managed to go inside my boxers and grab my ball sack, which he proceeded to hold for about 6 minutes.  Nothing I could do he literally had me by the balls. Early season had decided it was my last year playing, this incident ended my interest in playing. Fat headed red neck f×cktard.

Holy Shit! Don't think I've heard worse.  That's sexual assault - you should name and shame. 

Jinxy

I dunno lads.
I've never experienced the levels of nastiness that seem to be part & parcel of football culture in some parts of the country.
Plenty of rows & the odd bad blow alright, but spitting, biting etc.?
That's beyond the Pale.
Literally, it would seem.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

trailer

Quote from: Rudi on September 10, 2018, 11:26:48 AM

You should've have just wet yourself.

I think it has to be said that there are some real gents around as well. I remember doing my ankle, sort of a nothing challenge but ruptured ligaments. Guy who was marking me who I didn't know from Adam, rang me to see how I was. Thought a awful lot of him for doing that.

Jinxy

People can lose their head in the heat of battle when the adrenaline is pumping, but I've never felt that anyone had deliberately tried to hurt me, beyond the usual stuff like burying me with a shoulder.
You need to be able to look at yourself in the mirror at the end of the day.
If you can go out on the field and deliberately spit at and bite your opponent repeatedly, and still look at yourself in the mirror; there's something very wrong with you.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Itchy

There was once this underage team (who shall remain nameless) who researched their opponents, found out that one the young lads on the other teams father had recently passed away. Passed that message to one of their young players and that young player spent the game sledging the bereaved kid about having no father. Its shocking what goes on in some counties alright.

five points

Thankfully there was no utter scumbags playing on seans team.

QuoteI look forward to Seans recollections on diving, sledging and other stuff Tyrone (amongst others) got up to during his time.

Quote from: APM on September 10, 2018, 09:51:35 AM
I know this was nothing new, but the stuff on Mass and the Rosary for me is something that the Tyrone CB should be looking very strongly at.  Totally inappropriate given the message it sends out to those with other faiths and none, that have an interest in playing Gaelic Football.

Funny priorities here.

reddgnhand

Quote from: Itchy on September 10, 2018, 01:43:14 PM
There was once this underage team (who shall remain nameless) who researched their opponents, found out that one the young lads on the other teams father had recently passed away. Passed that message to one of their young players and that young player spent the game sledging the bereaved kid about having no father. Its shocking what goes on in some counties alright.

This did not happen Itchy and you know it.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: reddgnhand on September 10, 2018, 02:03:14 PM
Quote from: Itchy on September 10, 2018, 01:43:14 PM

This did not happen Itchy and you know it.

Is Itchy just scratching at an urban legend do you reckon?

Dire Ear

Itchy is acting like his county's player did on the pitch- pathetic

BennyCake

Quote from: Itchy on September 09, 2018, 10:11:15 PM
Quote from: trailer on September 09, 2018, 09:29:44 PM
Quote from: Itchy on September 09, 2018, 09:22:49 PM
Quote from: trailer on September 09, 2018, 09:20:25 PM
Walsh got what he wanted - a draw the first day. Cavanagh roasted him 6 days later.

Walsh got a yellow in 1st few mins. All seans crying worked for him. Thankfully there was no utter scumbags playing on seans team.

Is this a who's got the more scumbags competition or are discussing this incident?

We are discussing Sean Cavanagh interview with Paul kimmage with regards to his new book. I look forward to Seans recollections on diving, sledging and other stuff Tyrone (amongst others) got up to during his time.

As St Mickey might say, let him without sin cast the first stone.

You might read that in his second book. Or indeed, never.

APM

Quote from: five points on September 10, 2018, 01:49:29 PM

Thankfully there was no utter scumbags playing on seans team.

QuoteI look forward to Seans recollections on diving, sledging and other stuff Tyrone (amongst others) got up to during his time.

Quote from: APM on September 10, 2018, 09:51:35 AM

Funny priorities here.

Five Points - you mightn't think it a priority and maybe I'm the only one, but I find Harte's bringing of religion into the changing room just as bad as bringing politics into it.  Very dangerous, backward road to be on.  It assumes everyone is a practicing catholic, and assumes everyone conforms.  People can be reared in the catholic community, but be very anti-church.  We do have small but rising numbers of protestants and other religions involved and need more. This is hugely inappropriate and must be tackled.  Can't understand that there isn't uproar over this.  GAA shouldn't be tolerating it in this day and age.  Before you say anything, I'm a practicing catholic myself, but find this totally wrong.