Dire Ear

But we live and learn !!!!!!!! :D

WT4E

Quote from: DuffleKing on June 22, 2018, 09:56:00 AM

How many suspension arose out of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7S6InYz0YI

or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBnWAMf5DNQ

17? Not likely. But there will have to be the next time...

I don't recall how many but probably not enough to be fair but fair play to Dublin and Tyrone bench for not getting involved particularly when it happened so close. Agreed that the the same type of suspensions should be handed out in future and you would hope this type of unacceptable Behaviour (well unacceptable to everyone accept Armagh it turns out) is a thing of the past if they keep coming down hard on it.

You rarely see what happened in U20 game at inter county senior level although it does happen at club level and you here of clubs having there pitch closed for a year and heavy suspensions handed out.

Ethan Tremblay

From listening to Stevie Mc D, the orange tinted glasses are definitely on, but he makes a fair point, its easy to make an example of the team in a competition that nobody cares about, but would the result be the same if this was a senior semi final? And ffs don't say this wouldn't happen in a senior match, it could very easily happen. 

I'm in agreement with the suspensions, fighting should be rooted out at the source, but the decision making has to be consistent across the board.
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

trailer

All out field fights are terrible. It's thuggery and mob mentality. It's only a matter of time until someone is seriously hurt. Then you're in shit street.
The GAA should root it out. Easy way to do so, is a 6 month ban for the 3rd man in. 1 - 2 years of those type of suspensions and the whole thing would be stamped out.

I don't want to get into the whole Armagh/Tyrone started it argument. It happens up and down the country and no one county is better than another.

TabClear

Quote from: trailer on June 22, 2018, 11:54:05 AM
All out field fights are terrible. It's thuggery and mob mentality. It's only a matter of time until someone is seriously hurt. Then you're in shit street.
The GAA should root it out. Easy way to do so, is a 6 month ban for the 3rd man in. 1 - 2 years of those type of suspensions and the whole thing would be stamped out.

I don't want to get into the whole Armagh/Tyrone started it argument. It happens up and down the country and no one county is better than another.

What are the rules on the "3rd man in" in terms of suspension length? The GAA seems to try to clamp down on this every now and again but it is never really enforced consistently. I agree that this would be a good start but ultimately the GAA needs to toughen up on all its suspensions/bans and actually start to hand out meaningful bans for striking etc.

I vaguely remember a melee at a Cargin/St Galls final a few years back where there were some heavy penalties handed out for a melee?

RedHand88

Quote from: Stan Laurel on June 21, 2018, 03:48:15 PM
Quote from: WT4E on June 21, 2018, 02:19:04 PM
Anyone listen to GAA Hour? - Stevie McDonnell making a mouth of himself and doing nothing for his media career using orange tinted glasses.

As opposed to your white and red tinted glasses, Jesus wept  ::)

He's not making a fortune for doing it though. Jesus wept.

johnnycool

Quote from: TabClear on June 22, 2018, 01:05:50 PM
Quote from: trailer on June 22, 2018, 11:54:05 AM

What are the rules on the "3rd man in" in terms of suspension length? The GAA seems to try to clamp down on this every now and again but it is never really enforced consistently. I agree that this would be a good start but ultimately the GAA needs to toughen up on all its suspensions/bans and actually start to hand out meaningful bans for striking etc.

I vaguely remember a melee at a Cargin/St Galls final a few years back where there were some heavy penalties handed out for a melee?

Surely all those subs are bang to rights for illegally entering the field of play even if they were "breaking it up"...

Throw ball

Reading on Hoganstand that Armagh are appealing as some players have been given 2 and 3 match bans and red cards normally get a 1 match ban.

Stan Laurel

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 22, 2018, 01:31:49 PM
Quote from: Stan Laurel on June 21, 2018, 03:48:15 PM
Quote from: WT4E on June 21, 2018, 02:19:04 PM
Anyone listen to GAA Hour? - Stevie McDonnell making a mouth of himself and doing nothing for his media career using orange tinted glasses.

As opposed to your white and red tinted glasses, Jesus wept  ::)

He's not making a fortune for doing it though. Jesus wept.

Yeah Stevie is on six figures doing the odd pundit slot.  ::) ::)

Targetman

7 appeals overturned, now that's a surprise!!

omagh_gael

Quote from: Targetman on June 22, 2018, 10:52:38 PM

Red cards overturned or their appeals overturned?

Targetman

Sorry red cards overturned!!

Wildweasel74

G no body takes their medicine these days!!

tonto1888

Quote from: Targetman on June 22, 2018, 10:56:12 PM
Sorry red cards overturned!!
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 22, 2018, 10:54:41 PM
Quote from: Targetman on June 22, 2018, 10:52:38 PM

Red cards overturned or their appeals overturned?

There wasn't 7 red cards

JoG2

The appeals are being heard tomorrow are they not?