Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

our_fella

Christ McKernan deserved what he got. Embarrassing. What an absolute slabber. "you just wana see yourself on the Sunday game" to the linesman.. Well Kevin, no thanks to you, we won't be seeing you either

thewobbler

Quote from: our_fella on June 24, 2018, 10:04:32 PM
Christ McKernan deserved what he got. Embarrassing. What an absolute slabber. "you just wana see yourself on the Sunday game" to the linesman.. Well Kevin, no thanks to you, we won't be seeing you either
Whilst I don't agree with McKernan's slobbering, I don't think I've ever seen a black card for it before. So he can consider himself very unlucky.

That said, I'd be happy to see 10 men getting a black card in one match if it helps put an end to the verbal abuse referees have to put up with.

—-

I've seen worse brawls in nursery school playgrounds.

our_fella

Quote from: thewobbler on June 24, 2018, 10:09:41 PM
Quote from: our_fella on June 24, 2018, 10:04:32 PM
Whilst I don't agree with McKernan's slobbering, I don't think I've ever seen a black card for it before. So he can consider himself very unlucky.

That said, I'd be happy to see 10 men getting a black card in one match if it helps put an end to the verbal abuse referees have to put up with.

—-

I've seen worse brawls in nursery school playgrounds.

There's a difference between say passing a bad remark to a referee, but goading and intimidating an offical for 15/20secs he deserved it.

Itchy

So it seems ref got black cards right. Very poor discipline from those players.

oakleafgael

Quote from: Itchy on June 24, 2018, 10:42:17 PM

It was alright. Worse still by McKiernan and McVeety when you consider the game was over and they had won.

befair

Just saw the brief highlights on Sunday Game; Brought it home how much we blew that game. Against a division1 team (albeit a poor one), we had two of our marquee players black carded, even then went 4 pts ahead, then another red card, and then a catastrophic mistake, + still were only beaten by 2 pts.
I thought we had little chance in this game, but it does show that there is talent + spirit there, maybe not to win an All-ireland, but at least to make it back to div 1 in 2 yrs.
Both black cards were deserved by the way, let their own team down.

Itchy

Quote from: oakleafgael on June 24, 2018, 10:51:21 PM

It was alright. Worse still by McKiernan and McVeety when you consider the game was over and they had won.

Still though it was hard to pick out anyone actually striking.  I rewound a few times, couldn't see mcvitty or moynagh punching. It was all very stupid from cavan

Westside

Quote from: Itchy on June 24, 2018, 11:16:49 PM
Quote from: oakleafgael on June 24, 2018, 10:51:21 PM

Still though it was hard to pick out anyone actually striking.  I rewound a few times, couldn't see mcvitty or moynagh punching. It was all very stupid from cavan

Caolan Mooney stoking the fires with his tweet. He should have better sense than taking to Twitter with a photo like that. Is he trying to gain notoriety? What was he even doing in the middle of it wasn't he subbed midway through the second half? Either way, I think the GAA will need to be seen to throw out bans here and both teams will suffer.

our_fella

What did he tweet? Seems to have been taken down

downjim

Frank Dawson has a good track record and could add something to the new set up. Could him and Poacher and Mulholland work??

elk

Quote from: downjim on June 25, 2018, 12:54:38 PM
Frank Dawson has a good track record and could add something to the new set up. Could him and Poacher and Mulholland work??
What new set up? Also I have seen Dawson at quite a few games this year so he'll have a good idea which players are performing well and which ones aren't.

downjim

Intercounty experience as well and I think him and Poacher are friendly. It would be an exciting team

our_fella

Quote from: downjim on June 25, 2018, 02:20:23 PM
Intercounty experience as well and I think him and Poacher are friendly. It would be an exciting team

WUM. How did the mercenary do at Ballymartin?

downjim

He was the last man to take an Ulster senior title to this county

our_fella

Quote from: downjim on June 25, 2018, 02:43:29 PM
He was the last man to take an Ulster senior title to this county

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... How did he do with Bryansford? How did he do with Antrim?