Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
GAA Discussion / Re: Row in Mayo LGFA
« Last post by Minder on Today at 06:11:19 PM »
Has the mysogny card been played yet ?
GAA Discussion / Re: The 4 youngsters marked for AFL?
« Last post by snoopdog on Today at 06:10:15 PM »
If these guys are good enough to get the chance to play a sport professionally and earn a living at it then good luck to them.
General discussion / Re: Holidays
« Last post by CiKe on Today at 06:04:49 PM »
Anyone been to Frankfurt? Worth it for a 3 day city break?

There once with work briefly sonot seen it properly but isn't a pretty place and wouldn't be first on my list.
GAA Discussion / Re: Row in Mayo LGFA
« Last post by From the Bunker on Today at 06:04:29 PM »
Completely delusional stuff from Staunton, the degree of narcissism and self absorption is total.

It is clear there is no substance whatsoever to the previous allusions about an unsafe environment, the only unsafe thing here is anyone getting in the way of Cora's ego by the looks of things.
Serious danger of Criticism of Cora getting out of hand . she has been the mainstay and at time Carried mayo for  nearly 20 years so im sure she does feel a bit of ownership of the team and is quiet entitled to defend her free taking . its not as though mayo had a natural outstanding replacement for her . the frees were spread amongst several players. the whole thing reminds me of Ciran McDonald  and John omahoney mark2
Maybe the natural progression now is to retire and take the team on herself if she hasn't pissed too many people off .
if Roy keane can work for the FAI anything can happen

You see here in lies the myth. It's been a long time since Cora has been really influential for Mayo. Her greadiness has got her loads of scores for Mayo, but it has also cost us a lot of potential scores from other really talented forwards. Forward players around her have been losing confidence for years. There is no plan B with Cora. She gets the ball and it's a score, or a miss, or a free. It's hardly ever a pass or an assist.

As for the Ciaran McDonald example. Ciaran never walked out on a Mayo team a couple of days before a championship match.

Also how do you know that Grace Kelly and Sarah Rowe are presently not better free takers than Cora?
General discussion / Re: Holidays
« Last post by Boycey on Today at 05:49:47 PM »
Anyone been to Frankfurt? Worth it for a 3 day city break?
General discussion / Re: How much do you drink?
« Last post by Milltown Row2 on Today at 05:46:09 PM »
80 units... some people drinking 10 bottles of wine a week! Powerful. If I didnít have a job I could afford that
Down / Re: Down Club Hurling & Football
« Last post by SHEEDY on Today at 05:43:29 PM »
Gaelic Life reporting that both RGU and Ballyholland kicked out of next years championship and several individual punishments handed out as well

both will appeal and be reinstated as per norm
i'd say you'd get pretty short odds on them both being reinstated after an appeal. these type of punishments never seem to stick.
« Last post by Lecale Gael on Today at 05:41:37 PM »
Gaelic Life reporting that both RGU and Ballyholland kicked out of next years championship and several individual punishments handed out as well

both will appeal and be reinstated as per norm
« Last post by Nanderson on Today at 05:36:25 PM »
GAA Discussion / Re: Joe Brolly
« Last post by dublin7 on Today at 05:31:41 PM »
I pointed out MMA has no standard it won't go below. You equated it to Tyson's antics in boxing. I agree it's nothing to do with Gaelic Football and I never said it was. You somehow went down that tangent.

Although one thing GAA and UFC has in common is the fact athletes in both sports refuse to accept responsibility for their actions
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10