Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CornerBackNo2

Quote from: NAG1 on October 15, 2018, 11:32:28 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 15, 2018, 11:25:54 AM
Aha my mistake.

Whoever 11 was seemed to disappear 2nd half. (If he he was taken off I didn't notice!)

Did he not score the goal, he doubled on it in mid air from the hand pass across? Maybe I am wrong.

To be fair St Johns style leaves them very light up front and any one playing along the half forward line for them rarely spends much time in the attacking half.

Number 11 McCallin set up the first goal and scored the second goal, along with winning frees throughout, impressive from where I was standing

jftj

Quote from: Sweeper 123 on October 15, 2018, 10:05:33 AM
I never seen the very last free awarded to cushendall,  it looked like the St Johns player won a tussle and ran on to  the ball and was blown up ; Should it have been a free in for dall? or should the St Johns player have been allowed to continue on ? Any neutrals see it

Thought St Johns played the better hurling, the loss of their full back in the last few minutes was a big miss, some bad misses from frees by both teams, but there is no doubting that St Johns are serious title contenders. The Dall defenders seem to struggle with the pace of the st johns forwards when they ran at them.  It was a hugely enjoyable day of hurling well worth the journey &  £8 entry fee.

As previously stated stillthink that Cushedun will win Ulster & possibly the AI
was pretty level with that one .cushendall man was 5 yards behind his man and tripped himself up.free to dall.of all his bad calls,that was the crème de la creme

belfastsaff

yes thought peter was very impressive should have had 3/4 frees in the first half after a few rash tackles from Kearny

imtommygunn

Quote from: CornerBackNo2 on October 15, 2018, 11:36:28 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on October 15, 2018, 11:32:28 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 15, 2018, 11:25:54 AM
Aha my mistake.

Whoever 11 was seemed to disappear 2nd half. (If he he was taken off I didn't notice!)

Did he not score the goal, he doubled on it in mid air from the hand pass across? Maybe I am wrong.

To be fair St Johns style leaves them very light up front and any one playing along the half forward line for them rarely spends much time in the attacking half.

Number 11 McCallin set up the first goal and scored the second goal, along with winning frees throughout, impressive from where I was standing

Definitely first half and I think he may have been far side second half and I couldn't see his number as I was getting pretty blinded by the sun.

Jesusjones

Quote from: belfastsaff on October 15, 2018, 11:42:29 AM
yes thought peter was very impressive should have had 3/4 frees in the first half after a few rash tackles from Kearny
Maybe but these things even themselves out. Thought Conor Carson should have been awarded a few frees in the first half. Just cause he is a big lad doesn't mean he shouldn't frees when he is fouled.

cfclg

Final in two weeks?
Will it be double header with minor replay? If it is then it will have to be in Ballycastle

Na Glinntí Glasa

hearing last night that the minor replay is going to be next sunday before the senior game. The Mageean cup will have to be moved as neither club will be releasing their players for the game.
Its either in Ballycastle or Dunloy from what i was told.
hurl like f**k boi!

cfclg

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 15, 2018, 12:04:38 PM
hearing last night that the minor replay is going to be next sunday before the senior game. The Mageean cup will have to be moved as neither club will be releasing their players for the game.

Could hardly be in Dunloy with your minors involved DR?

NAG1

Quote from: cfclg on October 15, 2018, 12:09:20 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 15, 2018, 12:04:38 PM

Could hardly be in Dunloy with your minors involved DR?

I have heard that the minor teams will have no impact on where the final is held. It will be to suit the senior game.

Be interesting to see if the Mageean match gets moved.

Na Glinntí Glasa

match is in Ballycastle

Minor game at 1pm

senior game at 3pm
hurl like f**k boi!

Jesusjones

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 15, 2018, 01:01:33 PM
match is in Ballycastle

Minor game at 1pm

senior game at 3pm

The town getting some turn this year.

NAG1

Quote from: Jesusjones on October 15, 2018, 01:34:41 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 15, 2018, 01:01:33 PM
match is in Ballycastle

Minor game at 1pm

senior game at 3pm

The town getting some turn this year.

Any chance someone could lend them a PA system?  ;D

imtommygunn

;D

I second that.

Tell us when subs come on, when there's a change to the line up and when the national anthem or a minute's silence is happening!!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 15, 2018, 02:19:28 PM
;D

I second that.

Tell us when subs come on, when there's a change to the line up and when the national anthem or a minute's silence is happening!!

haha i was thinking the same myself yesterday. I thought it was a mins silence and not the anthem.

Be nice to hear it as that young girl who sings it deserves to have her talent heard.
hurl like f**k boi!

Sleeping giant

double header in Ballycastle.Loughgiel underdogs in both
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.