2015/2016 Premier League

Started by ONeill, August 03, 2015, 07:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Brilliant from Andrea Bocelli

laoislad

Some scenes at Leicester.
Am I the only one who never knew Andrea Bocelli was blind?!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ONeill

Norwich were pathetic. No interest in staying up.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

SHEEDY

Quote from: ONeill on May 07, 2016, 06:22:57 PM
Norwich were pathetic. No interest in staying up.
so are everton, we will be next years aston villa if martinez isnt sacked.
nil satis nisi optimum

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on May 07, 2016, 05:20:51 PM

No, there are two of us at least.
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Poor John Terry is going to miss his great farewell  ;D

trileacman

Quote from: muppet on May 07, 2016, 08:48:22 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 07, 2016, 05:20:51 PM

No, there are two of us at least.

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

laoislad

Anyone else see the video of Mata posing for photos with a young chap in a wheelchair after the Norwich game today?
Fair play him. Was a lovely gesture.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ONeill

Will what Leicester did have a ripple effect across the continent?

Will hard working sides start to believe that they can topple the rich?

Or was it a freak like Buster Douglas or Armagh '02?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Boycey

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03tfgx0

Promoted from the Championship and a Premier League winner on the same day.. Pretty impressive.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ONeill on May 07, 2016, 10:56:49 PM
Will what Leicester did have a ripple effect across the continent?

Will hard working sides start to believe that they can topple the rich?

Or was it a freak like Buster Douglas or Armagh '02?

I would say that Athletico are the Galactico version of Leicester. The thing is most top teams work extremely hard. The thing is that in the EPL this year City were not interested, Chelsea blew out completely, Arsenal were Arsenal, Man Utd are a group of good players managed into submission, Spurs bottled it, LFC are not consistently good enough yet and were ravaged by injuries to key players. Also they played 3 league cup games and 2 FA cup games and were out of cup competition since the end of January so only had the League to focus on. As a result the players could focus on 1 game per week more or less for about 13-14 games. They could play a settled team and had few injuries or changes as a result. There's a lot to be said for that. The chips fell nicely for them but they still had to take their chance. Spurs should have been closer as they conceded the EL game effectively to Dortmund and were out of the FA cup before that. They didn't with too many winnable points dropped.

Anyway, on another note, a fitting way for JT to end his Chelsea career. Karma is a bitch and it looks like it caught up with him!

Milltown Row2

What sort of team will Liverpool put out today?? Can't see it being strong considering their final coming up.... 4/7 is too short a price
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 08, 2016, 10:15:50 AM
What sort of team will Liverpool put out today?? Can't see it being strong considering their final coming up.... 4/7 is too short a price

It'll be very much a second string team. I wouldn't put any money on them because you simply don't know. Neither team have much to play for so it might just be a stroll around game.

Milltown Row2

Mainly dead rubbers bar the City game... Kompany and Silva out, big enough losses. I will the City manger actually give a feck whether they get a top four??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 08, 2016, 09:55:35 AM

Anyway, on another note, a fitting way for JT to end his Chelsea career. Karma is a bitch and it looks like it caught up with him!
I thought I could see Terry in amongst the Leicester players celebrating on the podium.