Started by ONeill, August 03, 2015, 07:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on April 25, 2016, 10:58:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 25, 2016, 10:53:45 PM
Quote from: GJL on April 25, 2016, 10:46:08 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 25, 2016, 10:44:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 25, 2016, 10:42:07 PM
3/1 for Leicester against Utd next week, be a good bet, can see big changes with Utd already in a final....

Epl champions, Utd, Blackburn, City, Chelsea and Arsenal, strange that Leicester could be the next winners.....

Doubt there will be a weakened United team, still pushing for 4th & FA cup final isn't until 21 May
A weird season with Chelsea useless, Man city crap, Man Utd above Liverpool mediocre
Spot on.

Cant see fourth happening, Arsenal going through a blip but should still finish above, Liverpool West Ham and Utd...

Fixed that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Quote from: finbar o tool on August 24, 2015, 01:47:51 PM
yea they are very impressive, Yaya has started really well, i had forgotten that he lost his brother at the start of last season and that, im sure, had a big impact on him, he seems to be better than ever this year. and with the signing of Otamendi they dont look like conceding too many any time soon! Chelsea are surprisingly bad and have been lucky in certain aspects in the first few games. Pedro very impressive yesterday though.
Man Utd need fire power big time. Leicester the other team to impress so far. Swansea at times.

Fair play Finbar - you spotted it in August.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Maroon Manc

What an achievement, delighted for Ranieri as he's one of the nice guys in football and its his first championship.

To keep all your best players fit for the whole season is remarkable, this is where they had a bit of luck and getting knocked out of the cups early enough too left them with just the league to concentrate on.

lenny

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 03, 2016, 09:58:13 AM
What an achievement, delighted for Ranieri as he's one of the nice guys in football and its his first championship.

To keep all your best players fit for the whole season is remarkable, this is where they had a bit of luck and getting knocked out of the cups early enough too left them with just the league to concentrate on.

Brilliant for Leicester and ranieri but it just shows how much money has been totally wasted by other clubs and managers when you see a team of basically rejects and journeymen winning the so called best league in the world. Most clubs in England have a load of overrated and vastly overpaid foreign players who are consistently under performing.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: lenny on May 03, 2016, 10:39:32 AM

Brilliant for Leicester and ranieri but it just shows how much money has been totally wasted by other clubs and managers when you see a team of basically rejects and journeymen winning the so called best league in the world. Most clubs in England have a load of overrated and vastly overpaid foreign players who are consistently under performing.

Agree with this. Having seen Arsenal live a couple of times this season it is criminal the wages players like Ramsey, Walcott etc earn. Outside of the top 5-10 players in the world the drop off rate in talent is huge and a poor attitude (which many have) only serves to highlight this.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: lenny on May 03, 2016, 10:39:32 AM

I agree although its a one off that will probably not happen again in my lifetime. I just think everything has gone right for Leicester, there back 4 is full of journeymen but the likes of Kante, Vardy & Mahrez can play for anyone and Drinkwater has turned into a superb player. To see a player who's not that young turn from an average premiership player into a brilliant player doesn't happen very often but it happened to 2 of their players which is unreal. I don't see them challenging next season for the league but I think they'll have a decent run in Europe as long as they keep their top players.

blewuporstuffed

The sad thing is they are very likely to lose a few of those top to a bigger club.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 03, 2016, 12:33:35 PM
The sad thing is they are very likely to lose a few of those top to a bigger club.
It wouldn't be a shock if they were back in the Championship in a few years time. Blackburn Rovers being a prime example.
It's fantastic they won it but I can't see them becoming a team that competes every year.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GJL

Quote from: laoislad on May 03, 2016, 12:46:26 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 03, 2016, 12:33:35 PM
It wouldn't be a shock if they were back in the Championship in a few years time. Blackburn Rovers being a prime example.
It's fantastic they won it but I can't see them becoming a team that competes every year.

I don't think anyone would suggest they can do that. Its fantastic to see a club like that winning the league and it is just what the league needed. Very refreshing.

laoislad

Middlesbrough promoted after a draw with Brighton.
It was a poor enough game considering what was at stake for both clubs.

Captain Obvious

Great scenes at Middlesbrough a full pitch of celebration.

Denn Forever

If Norwich manage to stay up I wonder what the  odds would have been for all of them to stay up and for one one of them to win the EPL title?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

GJL

Quote from: Denn Forever on May 07, 2016, 04:15:49 PM
If Norwich manage to stay up I wonder what the  odds would have been for all of them to stay up and for one one of them to win the EPL title?

Norwich gone I think.

laoislad

Huge win for Sunderland today. With a game in hand still surely they will stay up now.

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on May 07, 2016, 05:02:52 PM
Huge win for Sunderland today. With a game in hand still surely they will stay up now.

Borini very frustrating near the end. Made two bad on and off the ball decisions. If Big Sam was within a yard of him he'd have been shagged!