What changes to Dublin team/squad this year can/should we expect??

Started by DUBSFORSAM1, January 02, 2008, 01:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Dublin are definately close and a bit of luck is certainly due but full back is still a problem area for them and Cullen has yet to fully settle into a position. I'd also like to see Caffrey settle on a centre and full forward, let the others rotate about them if he wants but keep the spine of the forward line intact, this will give them structure and stability.

INDIANA

dubs forum o shaughnessy didn't get back in because he went on holdays last january and upon his return was blanked for the season despite being given permission to go holidays prior to departure- that isn't conjecture but a fact.
Quite simply if Pillar picked the best half back line available to him last year we'd have beaten Kerry and issue of why Cosgrove was brought on when there were better options were all the managements decisions and despite what you say they were all wrong.
Look there are far roo many selectors on the line and i firmly believe that is having a major impact on decisons being made.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: orangeman on January 05, 2008, 03:35:15 PM
It sounds as if another Leinster is only a minimum requriement this year DFS ?

Are you saying that Dublin will not be fully prapared for Louth by leaving a bit for later in the summer ?? Dangerous ??? Or are Dublin now so confident in their own ability having taking three Leinsters in a row ??

Orangeman - Yes a Leinster is the absolute minimum requirement - As Caffrey says to be considering being the best in the country you have to be considered the best in your province and I support that view....

Yes I would expect Dublin to be leaving room for improvement during the summer. You can't be at your peak for 3 months and I would be very confident that barring serious injuries they will win Leinster...

Zulu

Dublin 1-6 Wicklow 0-4 at half time. I'd say Dublin will pull away in the second half and win this handy, they are well on top.

Zulu

orangeman

DFS - Leinster being a minimum requirement is ok - but that means you HAVE to win it - so if you don't win Leinster is the season a failure if you don't go on to win the AI instead ? That's a lot of pressure !

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: orangeman on January 05, 2008, 11:37:06 PM
DFS - Leinster being a minimum requirement is ok - but that means you HAVE to win it - so if you don't win Leinster is the season a failure if you don't go on to win the AI instead ? That's a lot of pressure !

Orangeman - I don't see that as being a lot of pressure to be honest.

heffo

Quote from: Grantsman on January 05, 2008, 12:37:35 AM
Heffo is back !! The "County Board Man"  (Fixture man as he admitted himself) is back  :)  Now, I can only deduce that facts are annoying him.

I've never been away. Not that it's any of your business, but I am a county board officer and a member of a few different committees. If you still doubt this, pm me your email address and we can exchange details.

Why don't you answer my original question? Are the 'facts' annoying you?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on January 05, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
Dublin are very very close to that breakthrough.
id like to see them Trying Shane Ryan at Centre Half back
Darren Magee and Whelan at midfield
and pick Bryan Cullen at number 15 and give him a free role .
Leaving space for Vaughan and Keaney inside.
Like to see Vaughan contribute more from play,he has the ability we just need to see it.
Dublin are close to the breathrough, but its prob having Caffrey that stops them from winning an AI. Who to replace him, well that is the big question.
I'd agree with most of that above. Apart from Keaney as part of a two man FF line - I dont think that would suit him
Vaughan and a Brogan would be my choice (have said so for the past couple of years)
Lally and Cullen for either roving number 15 and the other playing wing half forward role

Zulu

I was just checking out the reservoirdubs site and they are picking a best Dublin 15 for 2008, I have to say some of the possible teams look very strong. If McConnell can do a job at full back (I'd doubt it personally) and Cahill, Brennan or Ryan could free up Cullen from centre back I'd say they would have enough elsewhere to win the AI. On paper they look well equipped to put in an almighty challenge next year.