What changes to Dublin team/squad this year can/should we expect??

Started by DUBSFORSAM1, January 02, 2008, 01:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 02, 2008, 10:21:21 AM
Biggest change i think they need to make and this is not a dig it's the truth in my opnion is for them to stop acting the mick with Hill 16 with all their saluting them and marching towards them as one before the match,If they put the same effort they put into courting the Hill onto the pitch during a match instead they would have a great chance of winning a All Ireland
Well whats it problem solved , roll on the  5 in a row  ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

his holiness nb

Biggest change i think they need to make and this is not a dig it's the truth in my opnion is for them to stop acting the mick with Hill 16 with all their saluting them and marching towards them as one before the match,If they put the same effort they put into courting the Hill onto the pitch during a match instead they would have a great chance of winning a All Ireland

I actually agree with that. That and Kerry having an off day!
Ask me holy bollix

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on January 02, 2008, 10:31:20 AM
Typical Gnevin response  ::)

Quote from: his holiness nb on January 02, 2008, 10:34:06 AM

I actually agree with that. That and Kerry having an off day!

Much more mature response!

Maybe your right His Holiness all Dubs aren't the same   :D ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

tayto

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 02, 2008, 10:38:45 AM
Quote from: Gnevin on January 02, 2008, 10:31:20 AM
Typical Gnevin response  ::)

I just don't think its as simple as that . Dublin are short of key personal . A Midfielder , a Full back , Half forwards and a tactision on the side line but if all we have to do is stop walking to the hill and we win Sam then great. A far easier problem to solve than a lack of personal i dont think it has much if any bearing on Dublins performances (with the possible exception of the Mayo game)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

lynchbhoy

think Whelan and Magee with a third midfielder would help a lot -  plus create space for the fast hard running Dublin forwards.
Half forwards/third midfielders could be Lally, Cullen or Mahoney (maybe even McConnell if Shane Ryan slots into Full back) - would guarantee Dublin the greater share of the ball at midfield
imo

The Real Laoislad

Gnevin i couldn't give a rats arse about what players ye need and don't feel the urge to start thinking about what players ye need as i don't really give a f**k so i gave my opinion that all this making love to the Hill doesn't help the players when the game starts especially as when ye are actually behind in a game the Hill aren't at their most vocal so it must affect the players seeing as they try so hard to please them,Maybe if they forgot about the fair weather supporters in the Hill and concetrated on the match they might have a better chance..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 02, 2008, 10:49:20 AM
Gnevin i couldn't give a rats arse about what players ye need and don't feel the urge to start thinking about what players ye need as i don't really give a f**k so i gave my opinion that all this making love to the Hill doesn't help the players when the game starts especially as when ye are actually behind in a game the Hill aren't at their most vocal so it must affect the players seeing as they try so hard to please them,Maybe if they forgot about the fair weather supporters in the Hill and concetrated on the match they might have a better chance..

I'd agree with your sentiment LL....cut out the play acting and concentrate on the football...it would be to Dublin's benefit (not in Leinster , as I cant see any decent challengers there - sorry)
by the same token, I hope Laois continue to stop their diving antics of a couple of years ago.....last year they were not as bad and I am delighted with the improvement.
Lets hope they (and other sides) eradicate this oul diving sh*te out of football altogether !

Gnevin

So you have your opinion and i have mine . As usual they don't see quite eye to eye   :D.

However i can see what your saying and it wouldn't bother be either way . March to the hill or not or not would be my preferred option but I don't think it this one chance will have me in Croker on the 3rd Sunday on September watching a Dub lifting Sam

DUBSFORSAM1

Maybe if Laois and the other counties in Leinster actually gave Dublin challenging matches it would also help Dublin.....but then again Laois supporters are more interested in complaining about Dublin players pointing to the scoreboard instead of complaining about their football team being easily beaten again!!!

Declan

Quotebirth control man
:D :D

The rhythym method always produces great results!!

Hardy

Quote from: Declan on January 03, 2008, 10:33:38 AM
Quotebirth control man
:D :D

The rhythym method always produces great results!!

I'd say the get-rid-of-him method would produce even better results for Dublin.

Barney

his holiness nb

Quote from: Barney on January 04, 2008, 08:06:42 AM
Dublin will win nothing with Pillar. Period.

I think we still have a chance with him there. Certainly not favourites, but an outside shot.

Without him, Id say we'd have a better chance.
Ask me holy bollix