Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t_mac

Quote from: trailer on August 23, 2019, 10:04:43 AM
Quote from: t_mac on August 23, 2019, 09:28:18 AM
Quote from: trailer on August 23, 2019, 09:24:32 AM
A lot of people confusing a border with custom checks. Infrastructure is not the entire story. Saying things like putting up a hard border or not lets these charlatans off with saying we're not putting one up. It's the checks which is the actual issue.

Any word on all those farmers supporting a no deal?

Sorry, eh, what's your problem? Get a different hobby. Following me around the board like someone who's mentally retarded can be good for you.

Bye.

Oh dear, hit a nerve, stop making things up to support the fact you know sweet fcuk all, there's a good boy.   ;) ;D

lurganblue

Macron a fan of the old unity Ireland then i see....

Enjoyed this wee article in the guardian too.  Things appear to be ramping up rightly. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/22/brexit-northern-ireland-border

seafoid

Quote from: lurganblue on August 23, 2019, 03:42:19 PM
Macron a fan of the old unity Ireland then i see....

Enjoyed this wee article in the guardian too.  Things appear to be ramping up rightly. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/22/brexit-northern-ireland-border
NI will be shunted into something that is acceptable to the Yanks and Euros and doesn't breach the GFA.
That is pretty clear.
The Brits fucked up with NI between 1969 and 94 (as well as before) and can't be trusted with it. That is effectively Pelosi's position.
The Irish caucus in DC got a foot in in the peace process and are not going to leave Nationalists at the
mercy of disaster capitalists.   
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

t_mac

Bojo going force through no deal, pure madness. No doubt him and his backers will make millions as a result of the chaos whilst the rest suffer. Democracy you have to love it. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/24/johnson-seeks-legal-advice-parliament-closure

Orior

I can now foresee the worst case scanario.

Brexit with no deal. Hard border. Unionists loving it. Lots of free state shoppers in Newry and Derry keeping some retailers in the north happy. The rest of us in the occupied six learn to live with less.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

seafoid

According to today's Mail on Sunday the Tories are planning an election on Oct 17 . They need to dump the DUP in order to sign a deal with the EU and US and can only do that with NI in the GFA.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

Quote from: seafoid on August 25, 2019, 03:12:06 PM
According to today's Mail on Sunday the Tories are planning an election on Oct 17 . They need to dump the DUP in order to sign a deal with the EU and US and can only do that with NI in the GFA.

Gonna be great. Roll on the autumn.

Milltown Row2

Jesus!! Surely now after that G7 summit the brits will get rid of Boris! He's a proper fuckwit
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Not that I am a devotee but a Tony Blair led Labour would have made mincemeat out of Johnson, the fragmented Tories and their exit strategy.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Orior on August 25, 2019, 03:07:48 PM
I can now foresee the worst case scanario.

Brexit with no deal. Hard border. Unionists loving it. Lots of free state shoppers in Newry and Derry keeping some retailers in the north happy. The rest of us in the occupied six learn to live with less.

There won't be many shopping from the south with the tariffs added on.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: trailer on August 23, 2019, 09:24:32 AM
A lot of people confusing a border with custom checks. Infrastructure is not the entire story. Saying things like putting up a hard border or not lets these charlatans off with saying we're not putting one up. It's the checks which is the actual issue.

You need to do customs checks at the border, otherwise it isn't a border at all.

If you'd a grain of cop-on under that tinfoil hat in yer photo you'd know that...  ;)

Sure ask some of the 30 something farmers you talk to every day about what used to go on in smuggling across the border. D'ya think the smugglers are now going to log in to HMRC.gov.uk to declare moving a load of animals and await Border force checks at the shed?

Maybe a wee ad or two from yer tax credits woman on the radio will sort it out.  8)

i usse an speelchekor

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on August 20, 2019, 10:17:56 AM
Hope everyone was watching BBC News report this morning on Scotland & NI farmers. All voted leave. All want to come out either with or without a deal. So don't tell me they didn't overwhelming vote to leave. Chickens coming home to roost. Be a few farms up for sale....

Spoke to a local farmer over the weekend and he told me that the UFU/DUP as he called them did roadshows/talks with farmers during the Brexit campaign in 2016 and the one he was at was headed by Edwin Poots who promised them their subsidies would be maintained through London and with new deals being struck around the world beef would rise to over £5 a kilo and milk prices would also rise as new deals would be struck with India and the likes.

No wonder they voted for it.

Nearly as fanciful as Boris' big bus.

Rossfan

Obviously those eejits believe in the tooth fairy too.
Did any Nationalist farmers fall for that fairytale?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: johnnycool on August 27, 2019, 01:46:50 PM
Hope everyone was watching BBC News report this morning on Scotland & NI farmers. All voted leave. All want to come out either with or without a deal. So don't tell me they didn't overwhelming vote to leave. Chickens coming home to roost. Be a few farms up for sale....

Spoke to a local farmer over the weekend and he told me that the UFU/DUP as he called them did roadshows/talks with farmers during the Brexit campaign in 2016 and the one he was at was headed by Edwin Poots who promised them their subsidies would be maintained through London and with new deals being struck around the world beef would rise to over £5 a kilo and milk prices would also rise as new deals would be struck with India and the likes.

Now, young Edwin....how much profit can we make if we run these boiler yokes 24/7?

johnnycool

Quote from: Rossfan on August 27, 2019, 01:52:49 PM
Obviously those eejits believe in the tooth fairy too.
Did any Nationalist farmers fall for that fairytale?

Nationalist farmers like to hear their lot is going to be so much better as well even if it is from an out and out bigot.

Poots is a farmer I was told.

Thought he dabbled in the planning process as well.

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on August 27, 2019, 01:58:14 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on August 27, 2019, 01:46:50 PM

Now, young Edwin....how much profit can we make if we run these boiler yokes 24/7?

The boilers were also encouraged to the few poultry farmers in attendance as well.