Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

Yes, hilarious.  Georgie Graham's teams didn't defend so much as refuse to attack (in a structured way), so I have no admiration for that kind of display. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Billys Boots

Quote from: Orangemac on April 22, 2012, 04:36:24 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on April 22, 2012, 04:17:09 PM
It's probably safe from morons to discuss it here - I thought Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea was a better game than Manure 4-4 Everton.  The defending in the latter was awful - Manure will come to realise they lost 2 points here by not showing Darron Gibson the respect he deserved; he ran the show in midfield for long periods.  Utd will come to woe the pitiful midfield they are currently fielding - depending on a self-retired 36-yr-old to drag them to respectability.  They would have lost today had Everton one defender in the class of Vermaelen, Koscielny, Cahill or Terry.
Is this the same Koscielny who cost Arsenal the league cup last year and helped keep Utd to 8 goals earlier in the season? I'll keep Jagileka,Heitinga and Distin ( mistake last week aside).

I wasn't proposing to take them off you. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ross4life

Quote from: Billys Boots on April 22, 2012, 04:17:09 PM
It's probably safe from morons to discuss it here - I thought Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea was a better game than Manure 4-4 Everton.  The defending in the latter was awful - Manure will come to realise they lost 2 points here by not showing Darron Gibson the respect he deserved; he ran the show in midfield for long periods.  Utd will come to woe the pitiful midfield they are currently fielding - depending on a self-retired 36-yr-old to drag them to respectability.  They would have lost today had Everton one defender in the class of Vermaelen, Koscielny, Cahill or Terry.
Written from the passion of true Leeds United supporter.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Puckoon

Koncielny is fast becoming the most important defensive player at the Emirates.

Declan

Good man Billy - You'll educate them yet!!

ONeill

Still stumbling.

Looks like no one wants that Champions' League place(s).
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

centre 3/4s

Holy sh*t just read that Diaby pulled his calf muscle on saturday, I honestly think he is taking the piss now out of us.. Time to ship him out at least dick turpin wore a mask ffs!!!! When he is hobbling out the door i hope he takes Gervinho, Djourou, and Schillatchi with him!

AZOffaly

Good signing for ye Gooners I think.

QuoteLukas Podolski to sign for Arsenal: "The move to Arsenal provides a great opportunity for me to gain experience in international competitions at a top European club.

"I have made this decision not against FC Cologne but for this great opportunity and the good of my own individual development. This was not an easy decision for me at all, as Cologne, our fans and the city are something special for me. I will always carry FC Cologne in my heart. We need to pool our strengths now and have to be fully focused on our survival in the Bundesliga."

ONeill

This is a great chance for Arsenal to sneak in and lift the title.

Captain Obvious

3   Arsenal   P36   GD24   PTS66
4   Tottenham   P36   GD22   PTS65
5   Newcastle   P36   GD9   PTS65

Arsenal fans worried?

ziggy90

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Minder

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 02, 2012, 09:49:05 PM

Arsenal fans worried?

Norwich at home and West Brom away, I am sure they are shitting it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ziggy90

Quote from: Minder on May 02, 2012, 10:20:54 PM

Arsenal fans worried?

Agreed, both mid-table teams with nothing to play for.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Minder on May 02, 2012, 10:20:54 PM

Arsenal fans worried?

Roy Hodgson will want to go out on high.

ONeill

Sorta hoping it'll be done and dusted on Sunday night. Spuds away to a Villa fighting for their lives. Newc v Man City.