Net Neutrality

Started by mrdeeds, December 14, 2017, 07:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

With latest developments is this something we should be concerned about?

gallsman

omaghjoe

imtommygunn

mrdeeds

Thanks for clearing that up.

imtommygunn

You may have to pay more, have what you like throttled, have what you don't like unthrottled etc etc.

It will stifle innovation and new smaller services that can challenge and keep price down.

As well as open to big money companies stifling things it introduces a form of policing.

There...

Avondhu star

Quote from: mrdeeds on December 14, 2017, 07:50:39 PM

Why don't you be concerned about it and the rest of us will get on with things
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

mrdeeds

Quote from: Avondhu star on December 14, 2017, 08:36:07 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on December 14, 2017, 07:50:39 PM

Why don't you be concerned about it and the rest of us will get on with things

Well with the Trump, Brexit and Dublins dominance I'm not sure what to worry about the most.

whitey

Well if Trump is for it, it must be bad

It's a pity Obama or Hillary didn't think of it.....then it would have been great

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 14, 2017, 08:46:28 PM

It's a pity Obama or Hillary didn't think of it.....then it would have been great

Obama did think of it. He implemented the rules preventing the telecommunications outfits from dictating speed of access. Which Trump is scrapping.

You think it's a good thing?

Eamonnca1

Syferus

Quote from: J70 on December 14, 2017, 08:59:41 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 14, 2017, 08:46:28 PM

Obama did think of it. He implemented the rules preventing the telecommunications outfits from dictating speed of access. Which Trump is scrapping.

You think it's a good thing?

Anyone who thinks it's a good thing is an idiot. A don't throw around that word lightly either.

whitey

I listened to a debate last week and there was pros and cons to each side of the argument

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on December 14, 2017, 10:03:46 PM
I listened to a debate last week and there was pros and cons to each side of the argument

Oh really? And what, pray tell, are the cons of net neutrality? (Comcast's inability to gouge their customers any more than they already do doesn't count)

imtommygunn

What are the pros of losing net neutrality? I have read a few arguments and have yet to see a pro that is really a pro. Maybe piracy may reduce though maybe it won't. That is about all i can see and there are other better less radical ways to fight this.