62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Chase

Quote from: ned on April 29, 2017, 06:21:23 PM
Quote from: straightred on April 29, 2017, 02:50:48 PM
Quote from: Chase on April 29, 2017, 02:22:03 PM
The SPL may be poor but it is a remarkable achievement to have such a long unbeaten record. Saying that I still think Celtic would struggle badly with that team in the English Premier League. They could be a decent Championship side though.

this is one of those pointless debates as we can all say what we want but we'll never actually know.

My own opinion is that this team would easily hold their own around mid table EPL. Beyond that they would have access to far more funding and therefore better players so after a few transfer windows, good management etc they'd be right up their with the top teams.

These opinions are usually posted by people who watch nothing but EPL top six and CL. I'm watching Palace against Burnley at the moment and watched the Manchester derby on Thursday, This Celtic team as it is, would beat the former two. United would probably bore us to death. We have already drawn twice with City this year and have probably improved since. As you say pointless arguments by witless trolls.
Celtic would easily be one of the top teams in Europe with the funding the EPL teams get. I'll settle for us continuing to progress under BR just as we are.
I'm actually a Celtic fan and have been for years and it's just an opinion I have. Don't be  getting your knickers in a twist.
There is no way Celtic (in it's present state)would even get in the top half of the Premier League in my opinion and like I said it's just my opinion so no need to be so sensitive. No one has any way of knowing so no one is right or wrong it's just opinions. I don't appreciate being called a troll.
Chase is on the case!

From the Bunker

Quote from: T Fearon on April 29, 2017, 05:22:45 PM
Ffs that Rangers team wouldn't win the Airtricity League. No cause for celebration.Dominating domestically with a budget,infrastructure etc that dwarves all rivals is nothing to write home about.No impact made in Europe,the manager has everything to prove next season

Make your mind up a week ago you said Rangers were the team on form and threatening to ruin Celtics pristine season!

clarshack

the scoreline flattered Rangers. It could easily have been double figures today.

ONeill

That was very impressive by Celtic today. They fought like hounds for 90 mins, even when well ahead.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Farrandeelin

Not a Celtic fan but it's great to see them winning in front of Arlene Foster. ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

thebar

Quote from: Main Street on April 29, 2017, 06:55:07 PM
From the mouth of the troll,
"Rangers drew 1-1 at Celtic Park last month, have momentum and a tactically astute manager who has made an immediate impact." 

Diamonds are forever.

lol I had forgot about this!....puts everything into perspective now!! lol  ;D

From the Bunker

Kenny Miller is some campaigner! The man is 37 and playing in a complete waste of time team and he still came up with a goal today. He has been the only threat to Celtic in the Old Firms games the last week.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: thebar on April 29, 2017, 09:25:39 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 29, 2017, 06:55:07 PM
From the mouth of the troll,
"Rangers drew 1-1 at Celtic Park last month, have momentum and a tactically astute manager who has made an immediate impact." 

Diamonds are forever.

lol I had forgot about this!....puts everything into perspective now!! lol  ;D
often said but he is really the gift who keeps on giving  ;D

ned

Quote from: Chase on April 29, 2017, 06:58:27 PM
The SPL may be poor but it is a remarkable achievement to have such a long unbeaten record. Saying that I still think Celtic would struggle badly with that team in the English Premier League. They could be a decent Championship side though.

this is one of those pointless debates as we can all say what we want but we'll never actually know.

My own opinion is that this team would easily hold their own around mid table EPL. Beyond that they would have access to far more funding and therefore better players so after a few transfer windows, good management etc they'd be right up their with the top teams.

These opinions are usually posted by people who watch nothing but EPL top six and CL. I'm watching Palace against Burnley at the moment and watched the Manchester derby on Thursday, This Celtic team as it is, would beat the former two. United would probably bore us to death. We have already drawn twice with City this year and have probably improved since. As you say pointless arguments by witless trolls.
Celtic would easily be one of the top teams in Europe with the funding the EPL teams get. I'll settle for us continuing to progress under BR just as we are.
I'm actually a Celtic fan and have been for years and it's just an opinion I have. Don't be  getting your knickers in a twist.
There is no way Celtic (in it's present state)would even get in the top half of the Premier League in my opinion and like I said it's just my opinion so no need to be so sensitive. No one has any way of knowing so no one is right or wrong it's just opinions. I don't appreciate being called a troll.

For a Celtic fan you appear to have forgotten our CL matches against City. Also if you feel Celtic, as is, could not beat most teams in EPL outside the top 7 or so, then you are watching a different league to me.
The bit in bold should be enough for you to heed. Why then write such a definitive statement? It grinds my gears that people continually compare Celtic to EPL or Championship when in reality it is of no relevance.

6th sam

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 29, 2017, 09:28:03 PM
Kenny Miller is some campaigner! The man is 37 and playing in a complete waste of time team and he still came up with a goal today. He has been the only threat to Celtic in the Old Firms games the last week.
Watched Most of the game yesterday and agree that Millar's attitude really is exceptional. Chasing back after making mistakes , Even after he scored grabbing the ball out of the net , to get back at it. He had the same attitude when he played for the Celts, where unfortunately he never really got into the groove- but it wasn't for the want of trying. He makes the most of what he has and stands out as a brilliant professional and role model.
Regarding Celtic they are a pleasure to watch. The biggest difference Rodgers has made is the way he has instilled a work ethic and team ethos which is evident from the body language of the players. To still show those values when they are miles ahead in the league indicates the quality of the manager. Hope this side secures the treble they deserve, because they have really entertained all year.

Hectic

Hell of a tackle by big Jozo on Miller in first half that nearly resulted in a goal when Griff hit the crossbar. Who was that plum commentating that firstly tried to call it two footed when it was nothing of the sort then followed by saying how lucky Jozo was to get away with it and how lucky Miller was that he got airborne. Even tried to highlight it again a few mins later when Windass got a yellow saying how that type of inconsistency frustrates players. One of the best, cleanest tackles I have seen all season, absolute top class. We keep that man fit we have one top class centre back on our hands.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=oFuLz5G_N9c

Chase

Quote from: ned on April 30, 2017, 12:13:09 AM
Quote from: Chase on April 29, 2017, 06:58:27 PM

For a Celtic fan you appear to have forgotten our CL matches against City. Also if you feel Celtic, as is, could not beat most teams in EPL outside the top 7 or so, then you are watching a different league to me.
The bit in bold should be enough for you to heed. Why then write such a definitive statement? It grinds my gears that people continually compare Celtic to EPL or Championship when in reality it is of no relevance.
You can't say how Celtic would do in a 38 game Premier League based on two games against Man City. That's just ridiculous and it's a argument I keep hearing again and again.
It's a nonsense thing to say.

Every single team in the Premier League is better than any of the teams Celtic play week in week out in the Scottish league.
If you're getting tested every single week you are not going to be able keep the level of intensity up that say Celtic showed against Man City. They have an easy time of it in the Scottish league they wouldn't have such easy games in the Premier League. I would be shocked if they were to finish higher than 15th. I think they would do very well in the Championship and with a season or two of playing there could come up and make a big impact in the Premier League. With massive investment and with the fan base and profile they have I could even see them Top 4 after 4 or 5 years.

Yes I am a Celtic fan but maybe I'm different in that I don't see everything through green and white tinted glasses.
I like to base my opinions on what my head thinks not my heart.
Chase is on the case!

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

Lavishing such unworthy praise on Brendan is equivalent to praising Jim Gavin to the hilt for winning Leinster Championships.The truth is there is nothing whatsoever exceptional about this, to the contrary,arguably Celtic should be capable of winning every single domestic game in every competition at a canter.

Let's see his transfer policy and the impact in next season's champions league.

ned

Quote from: Hectic on April 30, 2017, 09:12:40 AM
Hell of a tackle by big Jozo on Miller in first half that nearly resulted in a goal when Griff hit the crossbar. Who was that plum commentating that firstly tried to call it two footed when it was nothing of the sort then followed by saying how lucky Jozo was to get away with it and how lucky Miller was that he got airborne. Even tried to highlight it again a few mins later when Windass got a yellow saying how that type of inconsistency frustrates players. One of the best, cleanest tackles I have seen all season, absolute top class. We keep that man fit we have one top class centre back on our hands.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=oFuLz5G_N9c

Ex-Celt Andy Walker, the dourest man in Scotland. It's always negatives with him, no positivity about good play.