Author Topic: American Sports Thread  (Read 415033 times)

stew

• View Profile
Re: American Sports Thread
« Reply #10200 on: April 25, 2017, 12:28:36 PM »
Ted Thompson has had two of the best quarterbacks ever to play the game and apart from a few marquee signings he has been awful getting them free agency players that could put them over the top, he is a bit like Wegner in a way, he refuses to spend the house money and as a result holds the organization back, and the aforementioned quarterbacks never fulfilled their full potential.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Crete Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #10201 on: April 25, 2017, 02:25:50 PM »
Ted Thompson has had two of the best quarterbacks ever to play the game and apart from a few marquee signings he has been awful getting them free agency players that could put them over the top, he is a bit like Wegner in a way, he refuses to spend the house money and as a result holds the organization back, and the aforementioned quarterbacks never fulfilled their full potential.

He has wiffed on first round picks as well stew like Datone Jones and Damarious Randall although Spriggs should turn into a good left tackle when he gets stronger.It is crazy to go from Favre (my favourite all time QB even though he torched my Bears time and again) to Rodgers and only have two Superbowls!! A cv like that would normally only get you the Bears GM job!! ;D
I think the pack should go all in to get Christian McCaffrey. He would be an instant star with Rodgers and that offensive line as he is like a super charged Matt Forte without the red zone weakness Forte had!! The draft is so deep with defensive talent that they really should give Rodgers a blue chip offensive weapon in the first!!

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #10202 on: April 25, 2017, 03:03:56 PM »
Don't think McCaffrey will still be there @ 29 for the Packers. I know what you are saying about Rodgers and the offense but they need help on that D.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"