Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Albufeira is a decent spot. Quiet enough for a relaxing holiday but you can head to down to the strip if you fancy a night on the tiles.
Transfer is a bit of a bitch mind.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JimStynes on April 25, 2017, 06:13:26 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 24, 2017, 11:37:37 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 24, 2017, 11:32:25 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on April 24, 2017, 11:18:03 PM
Looking a week in the sun in July. We just want a decent hotel and a quiet place to dander about at night and grab a bite to eat. Any hotel or location recommendations. Im just back from Vegas so we are only looking to spend £1500 between us.

Benidorm

Crazy looking back over the holidays that people can afford nowadays considering the austerity going on.... my parents could only afford Tramore and Galway the odd year or Ballycastle!! How many holidays are paid with your current accounts? I'd say most are on a credit card with high interest rates from the get go !
And Jim a teacher too like your missus (and mine!) and he has the life of a millionaire. Where did it all go wrong Milltown!  ;D

I've no kids lads! I've had some cracking holidays this past few years to be fair. Portugal seems a bit boring but sure it's a week in the sun.
I'm looking a babysitter for next summer  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Chase on April 25, 2017, 05:09:38 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 25, 2017, 04:14:16 PM
Maybe somewhere like West Clare then? Around Lahinch or Kilkee? At least in those spots if the weather is bad, you can occupy the kids with some activities. South Kerry is my favourite part of the country, but if you get bad weather, you have to go 40 miles before you can go anywhere. At least out in Clare, you'd have the Aillwee Caves, Cliffs of Moher and you wouldn't be miles from Ennis or Limerick/Galway for emergency activities. Waterford up to west Clare is probably 2.5/3 hours? I did Clonmel to Newport last Sunday in an hour and 15.
Have been in Clare plenty of times...Herself is from there!
Only thinking Sligo as really it's a county I know little about and have never been really.

Stayed in Galway (Salthill) apartment two bedroom was £260 for two nights over Easter! Apartment was in great nick and views right over the bay were stunning
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 25, 2017, 07:54:07 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on April 25, 2017, 06:13:26 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 24, 2017, 11:37:37 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 24, 2017, 11:32:25 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on April 24, 2017, 11:18:03 PM
Looking a week in the sun in July. We just want a decent hotel and a quiet place to dander about at night and grab a bite to eat. Any hotel or location recommendations. Im just back from Vegas so we are only looking to spend £1500 between us.

Benidorm

Crazy looking back over the holidays that people can afford nowadays considering the austerity going on.... my parents could only afford Tramore and Galway the odd year or Ballycastle!! How many holidays are paid with your current accounts? I'd say most are on a credit card with high interest rates from the get go !
And Jim a teacher too like your missus (and mine!) and he has the life of a millionaire. Where did it all go wrong Milltown!  ;D

I've no kids lads! I've had some cracking holidays this past few years to be fair. Portugal seems a bit boring but sure it's a week in the sun.
I'm looking a babysitter for next summer  ;D

Sure I babysit every day for a living!

macdanger2

Quote from: Chase on April 25, 2017, 03:59:00 PM
Any recommendations for renting a cottage/holiday home for 3 days midweek. Thinking of Sligo area maybe.

Have rented in Enniscrone before - lovely beach there. There's a couple of nice restaurants in town - pilot bar, waterfront & ait eile. Would definitely recommend it. If the weather is bad, there's enough around north mayo or towards sligo town to keep ye busy.

Don Johnson

Anyone taken the car by ferry to Northern France before? Thinking Normandy, Brittany.

If so how much roughly, and how long did it take? From the looks of Google there doesn't seem to be much options from Belfast, unless I drive through England too which would be a bit much for an 18 month old.

IGNORE - it seems far too long, flights will have to do.

Just back from a week in La Baume with Eurocamp outside Nice, loved it, looking to book again somewhere for September now.

seafoid

Quote from: Don Johnson on May 31, 2017, 08:40:11 PM
Anyone taken the car by ferry to Northern France before? Thinking Normandy, Brittany.

If so how much roughly, and how long did it take? From the looks of Google there doesn't seem to be much options from Belfast, unless I drive through England too which would be a bit much for an 18 month old.

Just back from a week in La Baume with Eurocamp outside Nice, loved it, looking to book again somewhere for September now.
could you not drive down to Rosslare?

I think it is overnight to Cherbourg
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

La Baume is in Frejus, great area and resort!! Would love my kids to be that age to go back again  :(
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Have the French ATC fuckdogs kicked off the year yet??

Eurocamp in Barcelona direction this year so the hoors could still effect me.

ONeill

I've done that with twins of a similar age, twice. Once my own and the second time someone else's. As long as your prepared to stay overnight in England it's fine, either side of London.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

How many miles is it from Belfast to Dover? How much does it cost in petrol ?

Rosslare is only 2 hours from Dublin
http://www.irishferries.com/uk-en/specials-from-Ireland-to-France/special-offers/
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: seafoid on June 01, 2017, 06:46:22 AM
How many miles is it from Belfast to Dover? How much does it cost in petrol ?

Rosslare is only 2 hours from Dublin
http://www.irishferries.com/uk-en/specials-from-Ireland-to-France/special-offers/

Never mind the cost of petrol, the amount of traffic and the roadworks on English motorways are a nightmare. Any way around England is a better plan for a good start or end of the holidays.

Estimator

Cork - Roscoff would have been another option.
As a youngster goin to France on a family holidays, this would have been the preferred choice. Drive from South Derry to Cork, Ferry from Cork to Roscoff, Roscoff to somewhere else in France.. Carnac, St Jean de Monts, amongst others.  Twice we went as far south as the Dordogne River. There was a lot of driving involved and it did mean that almost 4days of a two week holiday were spent travelling.
Ulster League Champions 2009

AZOffaly

Yeah but the overnights on the Boat are almost like 2 nights in a hotel there and back. There's concerts, kiddies discos, magicians, cinema etc etc.

Don Johnson

Looked it up and the drive times, plus boat times would add up to over a day way plus roughly the same cost as a flight and car rental. We are only planning another week.

Anyone stayed in La Croix Du Vieux Pont?