The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: gawa316 on June 20, 2017, 04:50:03 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on June 20, 2017, 04:27:34 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on June 20, 2017, 04:03:26 PM
Anfield HQ (@AnfieldHQ)
6/20/17, 9:21 AM
A dominant centre-back, a reliable left-back and a dynamic centre midfielder are all high up on Jurgen Klopp's wish-list. (James Pearce)

Add those (hopefully VDV, Keita and not sure on the LB) to Salah and that would be a great summer of business.

I'll be reserving my judgement on any of these signings until....

Stallion gives his utterances on them.

I'm actually hearing Klopp does not want the 3 i mentioned and instead will be bringing in Caulker (hey at least he can play up front), Gerrard (player/coach) and Milner will continue at LB...genius!

FFS put the rod away gawa!!!

Rumours of Gomez leaving gathering pace. Hopefully if he does it is just a loan.  The month or so he played under Brodge at LB showed serious potential before the injury nightmare

Main Street

Salah can sprint with the Gods, 70m in 7 seconds on grass with boots and ball. Klopp likes a good runner.

johnneycool

Quote from: Main Street on June 20, 2017, 10:54:53 PM
Salah can sprint with the Gods, 70m in 7 seconds on grass with boots and ball. Klopp likes a good runner.

Another counter attacking player.

Problem is allowing the opposition the ball and inviting them onto you normally results in a goal or two due to the ropey defence, especially from crosses!

square_ball

Seen that stat doing the rounds. Not a hope in hell is that true. Sure the WR for 60m is 6.39s.

ned

Quote from: square_ball on June 21, 2017, 09:45:05 AM

Seen that stat doing the rounds. Not a hope in hell is that true. Sure the WR for 60m is 6.39s.

These stats for footballers are usually when they are in full flow, i.e their fastest 70m over a slightly longer distance. Therefore, not timed from a standing start so not impossible especially if that time is rounded down.

square_ball

Quote from: ned on June 21, 2017, 09:51:35 AM

These stats for footballers are usually when they are in full flow, i.e their fastest 70m over a slightly longer distance. Therefore, not timed from a standing start so not impossible especially if that time is rounded down.

I know what you mean but just don't think this one is true. For example in Usain Bolts last 70m the first time he broke the 100m WR he was just under 6 seconds. Salah is fast but think the stats have been embellished slightly.

ned

Quote from: square_ball on June 21, 2017, 10:06:03 AM
Quote from: ned on June 21, 2017, 09:51:35 AM

I know what you mean but just don't think this one is true. For example in Usain Bolts last 70m the first time he broke the 100m WR he was just under 6 seconds. Salah is fast but think the stats have been embellished slightly.

Possibly. However, if Bolt did 70 in 5.89s and Salah in 7.37 that is around 1.5s difference. If you extrapolate Salah's time out for a 100m race with a start from blocks it wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest that would take him closer to 11s. I would suggest plenty of footballers must be capable of that sort of time for 100m. You have to remember footballers are elite athletes who will most likely have some sprint training as part of their weekly routine.

Main Street

Salah has blistering pace with the ball on the football field and Klopp loves a good pacy runner, in a team of players who do run around a lot.

Gabriel_Hurl

No sign of a lean yet - but .............

brokencrossbar1

No 11 with Firmino going to 9 it seems

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 22, 2017, 08:52:21 PM
No 11 with Firmino going to 9 it seems

If you've bought a 17/18 Firmino shirt you can send it to the club and Firmino will sign it!

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity