Ulster U21 Championship 2013

Started by cavanlad, October 11, 2012, 09:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: tyrone86 on April 11, 2013, 12:26:34 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 10, 2013, 11:55:35 PM
3 in a row at U-21, Some going, not sure who last done that, i know Tyrone did in the early 90`s, not sure if the tyrone team of the early 00`s did the same?

The early 00s Tyrone U21s won 4 Ulster's in a row; 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003.
Two All Irelands those Tyrone sides won and Cavan now play Cork who have won 3 in a row Munster titles.

J70

Well done to the Cavan men. We almost scraped our way back into it towards the end, but by all accounts Cavan were by far the better team. It would be nice to see them go all the way now!

rodney trotter

Be class to go all the way now, up against a quality Cork side the Semi's in Tullamore, Cavan didn't perform last year in the All Ireland Semi against Ross, minus 3 key players. Hopefully this year with everyone available, we can go all the way.

Itchy

I thought cadance would have been on to congratulate us by now. Soar loser perhaps. Thankfully the Donegal people at the game were very gracious in defeat and we wish them well for next year. Onward and upward for this team of Cavan winners.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Itchy on April 11, 2013, 09:29:32 PM
I thought cadance would have been on to congratulate us by now. Soar loser perhaps. Thankfully the Donegal people at the game were very gracious in defeat and we wish them well for next year. Onward and upward for this team of Cavan winners.

Aye those 4 people were fierce nice in fairness...  ;D
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Celt_Man on April 12, 2013, 12:37:37 AM
Quote from: Itchy on April 11, 2013, 09:29:32 PM

Aye those 4 people were fierce nice in fairness...  ;D

Pitiful numbers at the game from Donegal alright, you'd think their AI win would have lifted their support a bit. It was always a bit flakey anyway, back when they werent winning anything. Still you do get the genuine people when numbers are low and not the bandwagon hoppers. McBrearty is some player too, but so is Gerry Smith!

Westside

Donegal Supporters came to Breffni in the first round of the Seniors last year and completely outnumbered and out shouted us.. I distinctly remember Donegal running on to the field to a fantastic roar, Cavan ran on to a smattering of applause that died within seconds.

rodney trotter

That was because Cavan had low expectation after a disastrous league, this year wasn't quite as bad. They were coming on the back of winning Ulster the following year and had confidence in the Senior team.

Westside

That may be so but I'm just saying people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Our own Senior support has been pitiful at times, even winning two Ulster U21s in a row didn't bring us out in numbers for the Senior game to cheer on the same lads that had given us two trophies in two years. We shouldn't be judging Donegal's support the other night, our own is far from perfect.

tommysmith

Cavan have a hardcore of around 2000 and the rest jump on the bandwagon when a few games are won.

Just look at the number in Croke park for the all ireland U-21 final in 2011 compared to the first round and even Ulster final that year.

Itchy

Tommy, Cadence is a perfect example. Full of talk before the match and abandoned ship after defeat. Probably gone back supporting Finn Harps or back to the other secretive forum.

rodney trotter

I'd imagine every county would get the bandwagon support for an All Ireland final day, Cavan support at u21 level in the last 4 years has been very good. Senior results and form have turned supporters off in the past, the Donegal hiding in 2011 in Breffni, the hiding in Cork in 2010, and the Kildare hammering last year in Breffni along with dire league form.

Still a solid base of 2k going. this year League form was solid enough until the last game against Ross, an awful show