Jimmy's Counting Catches

Started by Bud Wiser, September 22, 2012, 12:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

Just a little more than 24 hours before Jimmy will be standing on the line with his notebook counting how many handpasses it takes to get the handball from one end of the field to the other in a competition that has beeen turned into an abomination.  For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would spend the money they are spending on tickets on what will be an over-hyped game of pass-the -ball and forty meter sprint competition.

Yesterday I was talking to a fella who must have more time on his hands than brains in his head because he drove from Dublin to Castlebar to try and get tickets. FFS !!  When I asked him why neither of the blondes were playing this year he went mad altogether.  Then he tried to tell me that Mayo would be taking their points from far out !!  Far out, the only thing in the West of Ireland that can be far out is the Ming Flanagan because for the last 61 years it has been widely accepted that Mayo could not hit a cows arse with a banjo with or without the blonde bombshell.

Donegal ? There is a Cork link here somewhere but I can't put my finger on it, I mean where would you get a flaming row and protests with threats of strike action over where to hold the All-Ireland Final celebrations before one of the approximate three hundred and fifty handpasses takes place at all? Talk about cheek, nerve and audacity, although Cork still shade it on all three counts? The best craic of all is the ones advertising "Hurling tickets for Football tickets", I mean how mad is that, to give away tickets for the replay of the final of the greatest game in the world for a football ticket ?  And then we have the endless over hype from RTE  and TGMAYO and all the radio stations who are busy tracking down eighty year olds who played for their counties sixty years ago from every country in the world where they were scattered in the hard times.

And then we have Enda Kenny.....and I will stop there but if anyone knows where I can get a hurling ticket would they PM me.

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Redhand Santa

Are you not a rugby fan? Not 100% sure if you are but just checking.

theticklemister

Quote from: Bud Wiser on September 22, 2012, 12:53:10 PM
Just a little more than 24 hours before Jimmy will be standing on the line with his notebook counting how many handpasses it takes to get the handball from one end of the field to the other in a competition that has beeen turned into an abomination.  For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would spend the money they are spending on tickets on what will be an over-hyped game of pass-the -ball and forty meter sprint competition.

Yesterday I was talking to a fella who must have more time on his hands than brains in his head because he drove from Dublin to Castlebar to try and get tickets. FFS !!  When I asked him why neither of the blondes were playing this year he went mad altogether.  Then he tried to tell me that Mayo would be taking their points from far out !!  Far out, the only thing in the West of Ireland that can be far out is the Ming Flanagan because for the last 61 years it has been widely accepted that Mayo could not hit a cows arse with a banjo with or without the blonde bombshell.

Donegal ? There is a Cork link here somewhere but I can't put my finger on it, I mean where would you get a flaming row and protests with threats of strike action over where to hold the All-Ireland Final celebrations before one of the approximate three hundred and fifty handpasses takes place at all? Talk about cheek, nerve and audacity, although Cork still shade it on all three counts? The best craic of all is the ones advertising "Hurling tickets for Football tickets", I mean how mad is that, to give away tickets for the replay of the final of the greatest game in the world for a football ticket ?  And then we have the endless over hype from RTE  and TGMAYO and all the radio stations who are busy tracking down eighty year olds who played for their counties sixty years ago from every country in the world where they were scattered in the hard times.

And then we have Enda Kenny.....and I will stop there but if anyone knows where I can get a hurling ticket would they PM me.

Up the football!!

Zulu

Good man Bud, still fishing after all these years and with the same bait too!! Maybe you'll catch some newbie and then we'll have a great laugh. Good times, good times.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Bud Wiser

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 22, 2012, 12:59:28 PM
Are you not a rugby fan? Not 100% sure if you are but just checking.

No, not at all although one time I was a wannabe supporter and the confusion got the better of me. I mean the size of the goalposts and then no goalkeeper? Then they all huddle down for a chat co-ordinated by the referee who tells them to engage.  The best part of it all is that when the ball comes out of this little procedure everyone starts clapping and roaring when a player gets it and kicks it deliberately out over the line or into the crowd!  The part that really got me was the drink, I mean you are not going to get adoring looks from the Victorias Secret wearing margarita cocktail drinking Kielys lounge type Blackrockian if you are simply supping a pint of Guinness, it has to be JD (large) with Coke or Remy Martin and Im afraid I wasn't up for it. Aside from that I see no advanjtage in supporting a crowd that go around charging 5K and 10K for an afterdinner speech before getting on a plane and travelling thousasnds of miles to get the shit kicked out of them by a crowd of aboriginals. The won't be short of money on account of my lack of support because, short of Conor Mortimers love for Michael Jackson,  these boys would advertise on their arse if they thought they would get a pound or two unlike the managers in GAA Football who give sixty hours a week of their time free of charge.

Down withy this sort of thing.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Jinxy

If you were from a football county you'd understand Bud.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

rrhf

Bud be your own man.
Let's not ape Spillane
Turn on your tv
At half past 3
And salute the new order with glee.
Up Donegal