Help Bud - Banned from Boards.ie

Started by Bud Wiser, June 15, 2012, 09:52:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

Does anyone know anything about this company, boards.ie  (Number 319114)
I got banned for life for defending myself against a libelous statement.

The nuts and bolts of it were that I was a member of South County Golf club that went into liquidation but only after it had collected annual subscriptions from members such as gilly the goat here.

In my case I paid them 1799 up front and also paid for another member in January.

Seeing no immediate future at the closed clubhouse,  myself and at most,  one other member joined another Golf Club.
A poster on the (South County) thread on boards.ie then stated "those that have joined new clubs such as (our new club) had done so using the money they should have paid for their membership of South County and implied that if we had paid our fees when they were due the club would not be in liquidation. 

The mods of boards.ie banned me for questioning the assshole that made the libelous post and it remains on the board. In my case I paid up front for my membership and lost my investment. All I wanted to do was play a simple game of golf without the politics and was quite entitled to join another club.

Since I know who the poster is and I have downloaded the details of boards.ie from www.cro.ie does anyone think I could sue both parties. 
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Armaghgeddon

Your name/reputation has not been damaged so I wouldn't think so.

deiseach

I don't know the details, but the idea that a club went into liquidation because members didn't pay their fees is preposterous. If you don't pay your fees you stop being a member and are not responsible for what comes afterwards. I wouldn't worry about being 'defamed' if I were you.

rosnarun

unless the poster is saying you acted with malice in withdrawing you mebership . hard to see how you were defamed alright . sounds like they are just peeved that they didnt think of moving first.
as for boards.ie  they Probably just moved in cass the name calling got out of hand  and no more than the MODS here they can do pretty much as they please in terms of banning people
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

orangeman

You could sue all round you if you wanted and had loads of money and plenty of time on your hands.

Best just to wave bye bye to your money and motor on and enjoy golf somewhere else.

Rossfan

Quote from: hardstation on June 15, 2012, 11:07:51 AM
I would go and lie down and have a long hard think about it.

Then I would probably wise to fcuk up.

Agree with the second sentence  :D
Any one that's daft enough to throw almost  2 grand into Golf .....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jonah

Quote from: Rossfan on June 15, 2012, 12:09:52 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 15, 2012, 11:07:51 AM
I would go and lie down and have a long hard think about it.

Then I would probably wise to fcuk up.

Agree with the second sentence  :D
Any one that's daft enough to throw almost  2 grand into Golf .....
In your opinion maybe but each to their own if that's what he wished to spend his money on then fair play to him everyone has their own interests.
You're from Roscommon so would probably have no problem dropping two grand on a new pony and trap or lifetime membership of the SLA.(Sheep Lovers Association)
As I said each to their own.

ziggy90

If he's from Loughglynn I'd bet he spends more than that on his hair. :P
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Orior

Bud,

You havent lived unless you have been banned from a discussion board. Also, the poster's implication is just ridiculous so I cannot see how your name is tainted.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hound

Quote from: Bud Wiser on June 15, 2012, 09:52:30 AM

The nuts and bolts of it were that I was a member of South County Golf club that went into liquidation but only after it had collected annual subscriptions from members such as gilly the goat here.

In my case I paid them 1799 up front and also paid for another member in January.

Seeing no immediate future at the closed clubhouse,  myself and at most,  one other member joined another Golf Club.
A poster on the (South County) thread on boards.ie then stated "those that have joined new clubs such as (our new club) had done so using the money they should have paid for their membership of South County and implied that if we had paid our fees when they were due the club would not be in liquidation. 

The mods of boards.ie banned me for questioning the assshole that made the libelous post and it remains on the board. In my case I paid up front for my membership and lost my investment. All I wanted to do was play a simple game of golf without the politics and was quite entitled to join another club.

Since I know who the poster is and I have downloaded the details of boards.ie from www.cro.ie does anyone think I could sue both parties.
I don't think your name was mentioned anywhere in that thread, was it?
Regardless, I don't think you've any case. But the majority seem to think "Gambino" is a complete tool, so he has zero credibility, so no point getting hung up on it. As has been mentioned elsewhere before, when you deal with idiots like that, they drag you down to their level, and beat you on experience.

I'm sure boards.ie have it crystal clear that they can ban whoever the like for whatever reason they like. They've had plenty of legal wrangles so probably know their stuff by now. Presumably you must have done something more than your few posts that are on that thread to get your ban??

Canalman

Quote from: Bud Wiser on June 15, 2012, 09:52:30 AM

Bud,
Have a real good think about this. Sleep on it ............ then sleep on it again.

Honestly think that you will be thinking differently after that.

Bingo

If you know who he is, ring him or face him up and ask him to repeat his claim. Do so mannerly and controlled, he'll shit the togs likely and you'll have that satisfaction at the very least.

Otherwise, I'd move on and forget boards.ie. You can get banned there for bad spelling at times.

stew

Quote from: Orior on June 15, 2012, 01:46:14 PM
Bud,

You havent lived unless you have been banned from a discussion board. Also, the poster's implication is just ridiculous so I cannot see how your name is tainted.

I called Billy Bingham Billy bigot and i got run from owc, Orior got run from the same site for calling the proposed stadium at the maze "The orange bowl"

It does not look to me like you were named specifically, if he is the clampett you claim him to be ignore him, feck sake, move on safe in the knowledge that you did feck all wrong and he is just an ignorant fecker!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Bud Wiser

Thanks lads for the replies,

My issue was not with the golf club but with boards.ie allowing one poster to allege that anyone who had gone and joined another club hadn't paid their fees at South County. For those of you who said that nothing libelous was stated, the posts were removed before you got there and the point I was trying to make is that they banned me and left the yokel that made the post continue on the board.

As regards forking out money to join a club it is not expensive if you play golf twice a week and before GUI membership and bar tab fees it works out at around €1500 from now until January 2014, eighteen months at 8 games per month at €20 = around €3,000 so its half the price and you can suit yourself when you play. (And it keeps me off the drink since Laois won't be going anywhere this year either)

Am taking stews advice !

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

stew

Quote from: Bud Wiser on June 15, 2012, 06:28:47 PM
Thanks lads for the replies,

My issue was not with the golf club but with boards.ie allowing one poster to allege that anyone who had gone and joined another club hadn't paid their fees at South County. For those of you who said that nothing libelous was stated, the posts were removed before you got there and the point I was trying to make is that they banned me and left the yokel that made the post continue on the board.

As regards forking out money to join a club it is not expensive if you play golf twice a week and before GUI membership and bar tab fees it works out at around €1500 from now until January 2014, eighteen months at 8 games per month at €20 = around €3,000 so its half the price and you can suit yourself when you play. (And it keeps me off the drink since Laois won't be going anywhere this year either)

Bud, if you were not named specifically then there is no case for libel, it would be nothing more than an ignorant blanket statement that will cause you no harm, you say we didnt see the posts but did he name you in those posts are did one size fit all in terms of the clubs former members not paying their dues and that is why the shut their doors?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.