Pope's visit to cause fix tuxture clash

Started by Denn Forever, October 13, 2017, 04:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

The GAA's hopes of playing both Hurling and Football AI Final has already slipped because the hosting World Meeting of Families next year may take place in Croke park.

He said: "My thoughts go in a special way to the Archdiocese of Dublin and to all the dear Irish nation for the generous welcome and commitment involved in hosting such an important event."

It'll be a bonanza for the "lock hards" or have they disappeared?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

sligoman2

Quote from: Denn Forever on October 13, 2017, 04:31:20 PM
The GAA's hopes of playing both Hurling and Football AI Final has already slipped because the hosting World Meeting of Families next year may take place in Croke park.

He said: "My thoughts go in a special way to the Archdiocese of Dublin and to all the dear Irish nation for the generous welcome and commitment involved in hosting such an important event."

It'll be a bonanza for the "lock hards" or have they disappeared?

Who said it? The pope?
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

T Fearon

Fix tuxture? Is that a Latin word?

I bet the Pope's appearance will fill Croke Park,with demand far exceeding supply of in terms of tickets.

Bit nostalgic for those like myself who were in Phoenix Park in 1979,though being a frequent visitor to Rome,I have seen the Pope there on many occasions

ONeill

It'll be Garth Brooks dressed up as the Pope.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyCake

Quote from: ONeill on October 15, 2017, 10:25:01 AM
It'll be Garth Brooks dressed up as the Pope.

Will he lock 80,000 in the stadium and play for 5 days and nights?

Owen Brannigan

Will the residents protest when the visit is the 4th non-sporting event in Croke Park in 2018?

armaghniac

Who would have thought that Garth Brooks would be bigger in Tyrone than the Pope!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

sid waddell

Personally I'm a purist and don't like stadium masses - they tend to attract the bandwagoners and I'd much prefer if the Pope could do a few nights at the Olympia instead.

Communion for 80,000 people will be a logistical nightmare - first of all for the catering staff and then for the stewards, as there will have to be hundreds of people dotted around the stadium to give it out. This really is putting the mass production into mass. In an echo of what happens at Gaelic football at Croke Park, expect to hear a lot of people giving out about the hosts.

I'm hearing that each bar in the stadium will have a priest on hand for designated alcohol blessing duty. Small bottles of red wine will, as usual, be available for €6 a pop, but each patron will have the option of getting the priest to give their wine a free blessing, after which it will turn into the blood of Christ.

Patrons will also have a similar option if they purchase pints of Carlsberg - the priest's blessing will turn them into the urine of Christ. So you'll be literally able to drink piss.

If patrons order a whiskey, an optional free priest's blessing will be on offer to turn their drink into the Holy Spirit.

theskull1

Could communion not be delivered in a blessed snapchat?

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

mrhardyannual

Quote from: T Fearon on October 13, 2017, 07:28:15 PM

I bet the Pope's appearance will fill Croke Park,with demand far exceeding supply of in terms of tickets.

Bit nostalgic for those like myself who were in Phoenix Park in 1979,though being a frequent visitor to Rome,I have seen the Pope there on many occasions
I, too, saw the Pope in the Phoenix Park. Not sure that he saw me.

Avondhu star

Quote from: mrhardyannual on October 15, 2017, 10:23:42 PM

Did you get a chance to kiss his ring?
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Avondhu star on October 16, 2017, 07:22:04 PM
Quote from: mrhardyannual on October 15, 2017, 10:23:42 PM

Did you get a chance to kiss his ring?
Nope. But if I had got the chance I probably would have. It would have been like standing for the National Anthem.. a statement of loyalty.

T Fearon

Got close up to the Popmobile that day in Phoenix Park,good job as I was about a mile from the stage.

Coincidentally I did the tour of the Papal summer residence at Castel Gondolfo in June.Excellent,saw the Pope's bedroom and ensuite private chapel!

Well worth doing,only a short and cheap train ride from Rome,though a fair climb up many flights of steps into the village from the train halt.

sid waddell

Quote from: hardstation on October 16, 2017, 10:16:00 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on October 16, 2017, 10:12:58 PM
Got close up to the Popmobile that day in Phoenix Park,
Class! What songs were they playing?
Lemon.

To match Tony's bitter personality.