help with sky required

Started by noeldebrun, January 27, 2009, 11:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noeldebrun

i was wondering if i used a wireless tv signal receiver on my bedroom tv would i be able to change channels on it to watch something different even though there is another wireless tv reciever plugged in on a different tv or would i be better off spending the tenner on sky multi room

gerry

not sure, but when you buy another box and pay for it to get installed its about £120 and then  tenner a month.  thats what sky where charging me online to get multiroom
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

mylestheslasher

Quote from: noeldebrun on January 27, 2009, 11:03:23 PM
i was wondering if i used a wireless tv signal receiver on my bedroom tv would i be able to change channels on it to watch something different even though there is another wireless tv reciever plugged in on a different tv or would i be better off spending the tenner on sky multi room

If I understand you correctly you already have a wireless receiver on one tv and you want to buy another one for your bedroom - right? Are you proposing using two seperate transmitters from the sky box. If you are you'll have to figure out if all  those scart leads will work. I'd say it would be best to get another of the same as you have already and just use the receiver. Then you will be able to change stations from either TV. But remember, you can't watch different channels on different TVs without buying sky multiroom.

Treasurer

Can you buy a receiver by itself and tune it into an existing transmitter or would I have to have bought two receivers to begin with?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Treasurer on January 28, 2009, 01:37:54 PM
Can you buy a receiver by itself and tune it into an existing transmitter or would I have to have bought two receivers to begin with?

I don't know whether different receivers are compatible with different transmitters. Maybe check the packaging and see if there any any ratings (freq, bandwidth etc) that you can compare.

Karl Kennedy

Hello everyone some help required.
I have a 37" tv in the living room connected to the sky plus box, then I have a tv in the kitchen attached to a tv point and magic eye so I can watch sky there too.
( i connected the aerial wires in the attic myself by the way and works ok.)
Now i want to put a tv in the bedroom which also has a tv point. I tried a tv in the bedroom got a picture ok but the remote doesnt work.
do you know the problem? or do I need a tvlink box or some type of box to sort it out?
will I be able to do it myself or should i get someone to do it who knows the craic
thanks

mrsandman

Quote from: Karl Kennedy on April 16, 2009, 05:33:22 PM
I have a 37" tv in the living room connected to the sky plus box, then I have a tv in the kitchen attached to a tv point and magic eye so I can watch sky there too.
Now i want to put a tv in the bedroom which also has a tv point. I tried a tv in the bedroom got a picture ok but the remote doesnt work.
do you know the problem? or do I need a tvlink box or some type of box to sort it out?
will I be able to do it myself or should i get someone to do it who knows the craic
thanks

Id say let the pros at it before your hangin out of the socket
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

el_cuervo_fc

Did any of you's every sky+ something and when you go to watch it the next day it won't play?  even though the system says it has recorded and even shows the amount of memory used up?  Is there any way to fix this?

Gaffer

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on April 17, 2009, 09:44:21 AM
Did any of you's every sky+ something and when you go to watch it the next day it won't play?  even though the system says it has recorded and even shows the amount of memory used up?  Is there any way to fix this?

Yes, it has happened me and I m sorry to say it just wouldn t play after me trying everything . Just one of those things with the sky box.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

el_cuervo_fc

I was afraid of that, cheers  :(

Hound

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on April 17, 2009, 09:44:21 AM
That's happened to me a couple of times, but only with RTE recordings. Thankfully its been very rare, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing that can be done. If you've tried plugging out the box for a few minutes, and it still doesnt work, you're definitely snookered.

Jimmy Joe

It's only happened a few times but it's still a hassle. 

Gaffer

Quote from: Jimmy Joe on April 17, 2009, 12:20:15 PM
It's only happened a few times but it's still a hassle. 

Only happened me once though. Shouldn't be a regular occurance.

If the unplug for two minutes doesn't cure it then nothing will. It cures alot of things .
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Karl Kennedy

Quote from: Karl Kennedy on April 16, 2009, 05:33:22 PM
thanks

I take it no one knows the score with this then???

offtheground

The magic eye needs a 12v supply, so if your splitting the cable from the RF out on your sky box (the one going to your kitchen), you need to split if through a splitter that can carry the power, or use a suitable amplifier. I have a similar setup to yourself and use a CA141F Labgear 4-way IR Return amp, which i bought from satcure.co.uk.
Check if the LED is lit on the magic-eye in your bedroom, if is isn't, then this is your problem.