The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

As expected Liverpool into the Champions league final and omens are looking very good to win that final now. The hard work done in the 1st leg and could sit back on the cushion of a 3 goal lead however it might have been different though if the two clear penalties were given to Roma earlier in the game tonight.

JoG2

Quote from: trileacman on May 02, 2018, 09:10:10 PM
Ronnie Whelan is hard to listen to as well.

Sweet jesus, caught the last 20mins, he is a dose.. 'don't know where this Liverpool team goes from here?'... Err, the champions league final Ronnie!

Fair bucks to Klopp and the players, some going.

seafoid

Quote from: laoislad on May 02, 2018, 09:39:40 PM
Never in doubt  ;D
Fair f**ks to Roma in fairness. Liverpool gifted them their first  two goals but they kept going.
Can't see Liverpool beating Madrid with defending like that though but Liverpool are in the Champions League Final....Who'd have thunk it  ;D ;D ;D
Roma are quite a good team in fairness.
Liverpool will need to get into all out attack mode against Franco Utd early in the final
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AZOffaly

Quote from: laoislad on May 02, 2018, 09:54:45 PM
Anyone else a bit annoyed they lost the game?

I am. I thought the second half was dire. Amateur hour.

Consider this. You win the first leg 5-2, you score 2 more away goals and you still end up hanging on. I'm wrecked!

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 02, 2018, 09:59:07 PM

Consider this. You win the first leg 5-2, you score 2 more away goals and you still end up hanging on. I'm wrecked!

Think the players are absolutely fcuked so they should be fresh enough by the final
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Syferus

Quote from: Minder on May 02, 2018, 10:01:31 PM

Think the players are absolutely fcuked so they should be fresh enough by the final

But they've been coughing up cricket scores for two years now? If Roma can score four on them what will Benezma, Asensio and Ronaldo do to them? And Bale on the bench if he's needed.

Geoff Tipps

Liverpool have now reached as many European Cup finals as Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal combined.

Asal Mor

Quote from: JoG2 on May 02, 2018, 09:41:49 PM
Quote from: trileacman on May 02, 2018, 09:10:10 PM
Ronnie Whelan is hard to listen to as well.

Sweet jesus, caught the last 20mins, he is a dose.. 'don't know where this Liverpool team goes from here?'... Err, the champions league final Ronnie!

Fair bucks to Klopp and the players, some going.
Ronnie is trending on twitter.

Minder

Quote from: Syferus on May 02, 2018, 10:05:26 PM

But they've been coughing up cricket scores for two years now? If Roma can score four on them what will Benezma, Asensio and Ronaldo do to them? And Bale on the bench if he's needed.

Sure we will see on the 26th, let's not wet ourselves

Asal Mor

Quote from: laoislad on May 02, 2018, 10:07:03 PM

Chelsea game on Sunday is another massive game though.
Would there be anything to be said for putting out the reserves in that one and targeting a win in the Brighton game to secure top 4, given how thin the squad is now and how disastrous any injury could be?

Capt Pat

Quote from: Asal Mor on May 02, 2018, 10:18:06 PM

Would there be anything to be said for putting out the reserves in that one and targeting a win in the Brighton game to secure top 4, given how thin the squad is now and how disastrous any injury could be?

We just need a draw against Chelsea and if we don't get that the team have a week to recover for the Brighton game.

No need to rest players against Chelsea.

Minder

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 02, 2018, 10:25:54 PM

We just need a draw against Chelsea and if we don't get that the team have a week to recover for the Brighton game.

Yeah a bit of breathing space now with no midweek games

Asal Mor

Quote from: Minder on May 02, 2018, 10:29:13 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on May 02, 2018, 10:25:54 PM

Yeah a bit of breathing space now with no midweek games
That Liverpool bench tonight though..... Ings,  Solanke etc.

Capt Pat

Mane could have had a penalty for Liverpool in the first half and Romas opening goal was a fluke own goal. The decisions and bad luck went both ways.

Roma were fortuitous to get a penalty in the first leg. Of their 6 goals 2 were penalties. Liverpool scored 7 from open play.  While i am sure we were all nervous watching the game it was in fact quite comfortable in the end.