NFL Division 2 - 2020

Started by Captain Obvious, January 10, 2020, 05:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFM

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 24, 2020, 11:10:56 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on January 24, 2020, 10:36:45 PM
A few more teams published

ARMAGH: Blaine Hughes; Paddy Burns, Greg McCabe, Conor O'Neill; Callum Cumiskey, Brendan Donaghy, Aidan Forker; Niall Grimley, Stephen Sheridan; Jason Duffy, Rory Grugan, Oisin O'Neill; Conor Turbitt, Rian O'Neill, Stefan Campbell.

KILDARE :  Mark Donnellan; Peter Kelly, Mick O'Grady, Liam Healy; Johnny Byrne, Con Kavanagh, Shea Ryan; David Hyland, Tommy Moolick; Neil Flynn, Paul Cribbin, Paddy Brophy; Jack Robinson, Daniel Flynn, Niall Kelly.

That Armagh defence doesn't fill me with confidence

Are Shields and Morgan injured?

Captain Obvious

Armagh well worth their five point lead at half time.

tonto1888

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 25, 2020, 07:43:39 PM

Should be more. Not sure 5 will be enough

Solo_run

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 25, 2020, 07:49:42 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 25, 2020, 07:43:39 PM

10 point lead now. Conor Turbitt is incredible
Should be more. Not sure 5 will be enough

Solo_run

Captain Obvious

13 point winners. A very impressive start to the league campaign for Armagh.

armaghniac

Quote from: Itchy on January 18, 2020, 10:11:42 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 18, 2020, 02:26:25 AM
Quote from: Itchy on January 17, 2020, 11:16:56 PM
Cavan are going to bate Armagh.

Of course they will, any time the ref  is not looking, but who will get the points?

Ah here.

Cavan did some bateing sinning, but Armagh took the points. Tús math, leath na hoibre.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AFM

Cavan were brutal, should be preparing for Division 3 and the Tommy Murphy cup after that, can't see them beating anyone, and their disipline was shocking.

Itchy

Quote from: AFM on January 25, 2020, 09:11:48 PM
Cavan were brutal, should be preparing for Division 3 and the Tommy Murphy cup after that, can't see them beating anyone, and their disipline was shocking.

Alas I did predict an easy win for armagh and no doubt all the leavers have finally dropped us below Armagh in the rankings for the first time in many a year. Still plenty of time for us to pick up a few points and stay in div2 and time too for armagh to as usual lose the run of themselves and f**k up their promotion push.

Solo_run

Quote from: Itchy on January 25, 2020, 09:41:24 PM

Alas I did predict an easy win for armagh and no doubt all the leavers have finally dropped us below Armagh in the rankings for the first time in many a year. Still plenty of time for us to pick up a few points and stay in div2 and time too for armagh to as usual lose the run of themselves and f**k up their promotion push.

Cavan would appear to have bigger things to worry about then Armagh not getting promotion. This is division 2 and having a rival team from this division putting 13 points on you is something very concerning.

tonto1888

Quote from: Itchy on January 25, 2020, 09:41:24 PM

You've an awful bee in your bonnet about Armagh. Who is talking about promotion? 2 more wins and we will be safe

Itchy

I doubt mcgeeneys target is to just stay in div2? With the forwards ye have I'd expect ye to be getting promoted. If cavan hadn't lost the key players they did I expect us to be getting promoted too. However that's not the case and we will badly need to improve next day out.

tonto1888

Quote from: Itchy on January 25, 2020, 10:22:28 PM
I doubt mcgeeneys target is to just stay in div2? With the forwards ye have I'd expect ye to be getting promoted. If cavan hadn't lost the key players they did I expect us to be getting promoted too. However that's not the case and we will badly need to improve next day out.

I'd like promotion but first of all getting safe and ensuring division 2 status next year. Must be galling to lose so many players in one go. On the bright side, you can surely only get better than that performance tonight

Captain Obvious

Cavans margin of defeats in Division 1 last year.

3 points v Galway
3 points v Kerry
5 points v Mayo
9 points v Tyrone
3 points v Monaghan
6 points v Dublin

While Armagh were very impressive one can understand why Cavan supporters are so concerned about that result tonight.

Itchy

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 25, 2020, 10:30:35 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 25, 2020, 10:22:28 PM

I'd like promotion but first of all getting safe and ensuring division 2 status next year. Must be galling to lose so many players in one go. On the bright side, you can surely only get better than that performance tonight

With cavan it's a step back to go forward. Lack of discipline and party culture was rampant. Mickey raised the bar for training and some lads didnt want to know so we have what we have. I couldn't go tonight but I believe we were awful, it will be tough on new lads but they'll have to learn fast. Only 3 home games also a tough one too.