Things that make you go .....Hmmm, that's interesting.

Started by Asal Mor, October 05, 2012, 05:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

11 month old Emma's Dad fills out her application for a creche.......

MWWSI 2017

seafoid

James Last live at the Rose of Tralee - must have been in 83
The crowd love it when he starts the theme tune to the Sunday Game.
They probably even forgave Seamus Darby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjieoLrQkm0
About 5 minutes in

The German commentator didn't get it. He thought it was atmosphere music.

There was an article in the Irish times about TSG last summer.

http://www.irishtimes.com/the-seasons-of-sundays-in-their-own-words-1.1476526?page=2

Carney returned in 1982 and '83. In those days, the All-Ireland winning team often came into studio with the cup on the night of the final.

JC: "The winning team always came in before they went back to their hotel. They loved it. Because GAA players were never on the TV in those days, not like now. So they were all delighted to come in so that their mammies would see them with their medal on the telly. But when Offaly came in the night of the '82 final, we had a problem. Maurice Reidy had put together a package of clips from Kerry's four-in-a-row in preparation for them making it five-in-a-row. But they didn't obviously. "Maurice was heartbroken, first of all because he was a good Castleisland man and secondly because the bloody thing wouldn't be shown. They
were great about it though. Eugene McGee and Richie Connor were fantastic. Richie said, 'Sure go on and show the Kerry five-in-a-row thing, we'd love to see it.' When it went out then, everybody loved it. It kind of didn't matter that Kerry hadn't won."

seafoid

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2005-11-14-domino-bird_x.htm

Sparrow knocks over 23,000 dominoes before being shot
AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (AP) — A sparrow knocked over 23,000 dominoes in the Netherlands, nearly ruining a world record attempt before it was shot to death Monday, the state news agency reported.

The unfortunate bird flew through an open window at an exposition center in the northern city of Leeuwarden where employees of television company Endemol NV have worked for weeks setting up more than 4 million dominoes in an attempt to break the official Guinness World Record for falling dominoes on Friday night.

Only a system of 750 built-in gaps in the chain prevented the bird from knocking most or all of the dominoes over ahead of schedule, "Domino Day" organizers were quoted as saying by the NOS news agency.

The bird was shot by an exterminator with an air rifle while cowering in a corner.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

lawnseed

Hydranges. Cut the flowerheads dry them out shred them and mix with tobacco. Smoke for high the same as weed. Legal! And growing in your garden or soon will be.. :D
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Orior

Quote from: lawnseed on February 09, 2014, 07:23:01 PM
Hydranges. Cut the flowerheads dry them out shred them and mix with tobacco. Smoke for high the same as weed. Legal! And growing in your garden or soon will be.. :D

Not sure I agree with that post Lawnseed. Has this weed been tested on chimps etc etc?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

lawnseed

Quote from: Orior on February 09, 2014, 07:57:36 PM

Not sure I agree with that post Lawnseed. Has this weed been tested on chimps etc etc?
Paris gardens raided for hydrange flowers just read about it. Im not promoting mind altering substances i m saying eeemm thats interesting..for some people who are into that stuff
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

muppet

This explains everything.
MWWSI 2017

LeoMc

Just saw this on a BBC article about emigration.

The number of Brits living outside the UK but in another EU country is 2.2 million - about the same as the number of EU citizens who are now living in the UK (2.34 million).

Wonder how Irelands numbers compare or are most of our emigrants outside the EU.

Asal Mor

Quote from: seafoid on February 07, 2014, 07:52:18 AM
The bird was shot by an exterminator with an air rifle while cowering in a corner.

The poor bird! Fcukin domino world record. Could they be more worthless?

Denn Forever

I was watching the documentary by Neil Delamere last night on St Patrick.  In it it was said that the practice of leaving spaces between words in text was first adopted by the Irish.  Hmmm.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Jonah

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 18, 2014, 10:29:43 AM
I was watching the documentary by Neil Delamere last night on St Patrick.  In it it was said that the practice of leaving spaces between words in text was first adopted by the Irish.  Hmmm.
Idontbelieveyou.