Champions league Semi-Finals

Started by new devil, April 13, 2011, 09:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HowAreYeGettinOn

Quote from: gallsman on April 26, 2011, 10:36:59 PM
Iniesta wasn't banned in the end. Is he injured?
Yep. Calf muscle.

Watched the Copa Del Rey last Wednesday and Real were full value for their win. Man-for-man Barca are a better side, but Mourinho has finally got under their skin, and has got a draw and a win against them in the last two meetings. With Pep clearly rattled, don't be surprised to see Jose v Fergie at Wembley next month.

Rossie11

Iniesta is a huge loss. He also missed the 2 games V Inter last year.
Its a huge boost for Madrid who are coming into form just as Barca have slowed down and are lacking the high tempo
of earlier in the season.
Pep knows they need to get this back and need to play Madrid aggressively. Madrid have kicked lumps out of them the past 2 weeks and if Barca allow that to happen again tonight the tie could be beyond them come next week.

To me Madrid are favourites to progress on current form (a massive 13/8).
As with all games between Jose and Barca, you can be sure there will a bad ref decision and massive controversy somewhere over the 2 legs which could decide it. A red card is 2/1 tonight. Looks good value based on history between them

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rossie11 on April 27, 2011, 10:53:16 AM
Iniesta is a huge loss. He also missed the 2 games V Inter last year.
Its a huge boost for Madrid who are coming into form just as Barca have slowed down and are lacking the high tempo
of earlier in the season.
Pep knows they need to get this back and need to play Madrid aggressively. Madrid have kicked lumps out of them the past 2 weeks and if Barca allow that to happen again tonight the tie could be beyond them come next week.

To me Madrid are favourites to progress on current form (a massive 13/8).
As with all games between Jose and Barca, you can be sure there will a bad ref decision and massive controversy somewhere over the 2 legs which could decide it. A red card is 2/1 tonight. Looks good value based on history between them

Not wanting to contradict you but there is a marked difference between the quality of referees in the CL and the Premier League. I thought the referee last night in United v. Schalke was superb, can't remember one wrong decision. Most Premier League games there are 5 or 6 throws/corners given the wrong way for starters.

imtommygunn

I'm worried Real might win this especially if Iniesta is out.

Mourinho illustrated yet again in his press conference what a c**t he really is.

He's one to talk about making comments on referees - he has caused a referee(maybe more than one) to quit the game and in my view was borderline inciting hatred between Chelsea and Barca the year the same thing happened.

Hoping Barca teach them a lesson but as other people have commented - he looks to have got under their skin. Guardiola's ranted sounded a big Kevin Keegan esque :-\

Rossie11

QuoteNot wanting to contradict you but there is a marked difference between the quality of referees in the CL and the Premier League
Agree with you Seanie but there has been some shocking ones involving the big teams the past few years which at the highest level magnify the error
Off top of my head.
Chelsea should have a peno or 3 V Barca few years ago when Iniesta got the late winner
Carvallho foul on goalie at the Bridge when Terry headed winner V Barca
Inter had man sent off for nothing in Nou camp last year
Same game Barca had goal ruled out for offside for a dodgy hand ball
Shevcheko for AC Milan has a perfect goal ruled out in Nou camp in a Semi which would have levelled the tie.

Over the years the bad decisions probably even each other out. Barca shouldn't have knocked out Chelsea in 2009 but should have knocked out Inter last year.
I think there is more than a fair chance that there will be another tonight or next Tuesday given the pressure the officials will be under from these 2 teams who will appeal everything if they get a hint of weakness from the ref.

Blowitupref

Barcelona: Valdés; Alves, Mascherano, Pique, Puyol; Xavi, Busquets, Keita; Pedro, Messi, Villa.

Madrid: Casillas, Arbeloa, Ramos, Albiol, Marcelo, Lass, Alonso, Pepe, Di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

I've went for a 3-1in Barca's favour, league title wrapped up, that cup match means nothing. Main course tonight
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ross4life

I'd say a cup final defeat to Real madrid meant something, I feel for R Madrid to knock Barca out they will need a similar 1st leg result to what Mourinho got with Inter v Barca last year.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Hoof Hearted

ITV are a joke, 7.30 start and 2 ad breaks already at 7.43. WTF !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Blowitupref

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on April 27, 2011, 07:43:43 PM
ITV are a joke, 7.30 start and 2 ad breaks already at 7.43. WTF !

They are also known for missing goals with ad breaks.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

new devil

Puke football...United would play them both off the park!!

:P

Blowitupref

EC Unique

Impossible for the ref. Hope they take lumps out of each other with plenty of cards.

Hoof Hearted

that Puyol is one hateful hoor. If Carvalho was on the pitch you would the have 2 dirtiest sneakiest f**kers on a football pitch anywhere in Europe
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

new devil

Quote from: EC Unique on April 27, 2011, 08:25:47 PM
Impossible for the ref. Hope they take lumps out of each other with plenty of cards.
[/quote

Would a red card in this match mean missing the final?

Come on Real!!!!!!!