Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Fury looked unreal. Obviously sharper and only going to be better next time against Wilder.

Thought Galahad won the fight too. He didn't do much offensively but neither did Warrington.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyHarp

So, Lobov beat Mallinaggi in the bare knuckle thing. That's a bit embarrassing for Paulie given the mouthing he has been doing.
That was never a square ball!!

DuffleKing

He didn't really beat Pauli though - he got a weird decision. I presume there is some sort of stated position of this version of boxing that rewards aggression and the desire to hit someone ahead of actually being able to hit and not be hit (box)?
Paul won that clearly if it was a boxing match.

BennyHarp

Quote from: DuffleKing on June 23, 2019, 10:16:20 AM

He didn't really beat Pauli though - he got a weird decision. I presume there is some sort of stated position of this version of boxing that rewards aggression and the desire to hit someone ahead of actually being able to hit and not be hit (box)?

Ah I don't know if he won or not. It's not a version of the sport I'd watch, but Paulie seemed to be doing a lot of talking and making threats which has made him look a bit silly now. This was most likely all about a big pay day with McGregor and that's lost for him now.
That was never a square ball!!

MoChara

That's exactly it, aggression is key, its the same reason its 5 x 2 minute rounds so the fighters go all out, I watched the promoter fella explain it, it basically sounded like he just wanted a pile of knock outs

oakleaflad

I thought it was even enough and could have gone either way. Paulie got more jabs off but Artem hit the harder punches. Paulie was hit plenty, sure his face had multiple cuts?

nrico2006

Quote from: oakleaflad on June 24, 2019, 09:55:31 AM

I thought it was even enough and could have gone either way. Paulie got more jabs off but Artem hit the harder punches. Paulie was hit plenty, sure his face had multiple cuts?

I thought the same, I watched Malignaggi's interview after and he was saying he was only hit once all night and I was waiting for the journalist to call him out on it given the cuts on his face.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nrico2006

Shocked with the Quigley performance last night. Showed heart but looked like a zombie in there.

omaghjoe

Didnt see it but Pacquiao beat Thurman on a split... life in the old dog yet or is Thurman spent? He hadn't fought any1 of note in over 2 years.

Disappointing for Jason Quigley also

JimStynes

Very sad news about the boxer Maxim Dadashev who died after collapsing following his bout on Friday. A reminder of how brutal the sport is and how dangerous it is every time they get in the ring. A stronger stance needs taken on drug cheats in sports like boxing.

Also, more sad news the other week with the death of Pernell Whitaker. One of favourite boxers and a defensive genius. I was showing some friends videos of him the other week and was amazed to hear they had never heard much about him.

square_ball

Quote from: JimStynes on July 24, 2019, 10:47:23 AM
Very sad news about the boxer Maxim Dadashev who died after collapsing following his bout on Friday. A reminder of how brutal the sport is and how dangerous it is every time they get in the ring. A stronger stance needs taken on drug cheats in sports like boxing.

Also, more sad news the other week with the death of Pernell Whitaker. One of favourite boxers and a defensive genius. I was showing some friends videos of him the other week and was amazed to hear they had never heard much about him.

Sad need. I seen the video of his trainer Buddy McGirt pleading with him to pull out of the fight. I assume the bout was ended after that? I can't imagine what the trainer is going through at the minute.

square_ball

Rumours on Twitter the Frampton fight is off at the weekend. Injured himself apparently. Not sure where that leaves him if true.

screenexile

Quote from: square_ball on August 05, 2019, 09:47:39 PM
Rumours on Twitter the Frampton fight is off at the weekend. Injured himself apparently. Not sure where that leaves him if true.

Apparently a freak accident in a hotel where some kind of ornament fell on his hand!!

under the bar

He's very unlucky with freak accidents ahead of fights!

Milltown Row2

should find out more on this later, but very strange, some people out a lot of money on this, the in-laws very lucky they didnt book
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea