Joe Duffy - €398,000
Sean O'Rourke - €308,964
Marian Finucane - €300,167
Miriam O'Callaghan - €299,000
Claire Byrne - €216,000
Bryan Dobson - €198,600
George Hamilton - €186,195
Mary Wilson - €185,679

I am all for talent getting rewarded but can I ask who is going to try to poach anyone there? Marian coughs her way through two chats a week.
Even more amazed that George Hamilton, who I like, is on that. What does he actually do??

There needs to be a clear-out and a new generation on 50% less brought in.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Aristo 60

There is a girl currently presenting the lottery show that looks a lot like Biddy and Miley's daughter from 20 years ago. Anybody seen this?

How much is my friend Sharon Ni Bheolain getting?

Bord na Mona man

Does George Hamilton have to turn up at work every day, even though he could go weeks without a commentary gig?

Aristo 60

It is Biddy and Miley's daughter. Has she been on the payroll for the 20 years interim  ;D

thewobbler

I'd expect that RTE's bean counters have very much worked out what is a sustainable salary vs advertising revenue for their star celebrities.

LooseCannon

Ray D'Arcy steals a f*cking living. 🤬🤬🤬

Aristo 60

He steals about 14 livings!

LilySavage

Back during the boom PK took home 950k and Gerry Ryan 676k and trickled down (if thats the right term) handsomely after that. The comparison to their only Irish rival - TV3 - was stark to say the least.

Franko

What is the justification for these salaries?  As the OP says, it can't be to 'keep the talent' cos no TV company whatsoever would shell out 400-500k for plonkers like D'Arcy, Tubs or Duffy.

Offer them 100k each and let them fcuk off into the sunset if they don't like it.

haranguerer

So what? I'm sure everyone here is trying to get paid as well as possible. And the usual solution applies - if you think they're overpaid, apply for their job...

Franko

Quote from: haranguerer on December 13, 2018, 08:32:57 AM
So what? I'm sure everyone here is trying to get paid as well as possible. And the usual solution applies - if you think they're overpaid, apply for their job...

Straw man city here.

I'd rather apply for their boss's job to be honest...

haranguerer

Do, then maybe you wouldn't run round giving out about what other people earn

gallsman

I see Buff Egan finds it all DISGRACEFUL.

Thoroughly entertaining stuff.

Franko

Quote from: haranguerer on December 13, 2018, 09:24:21 AM
Do, then maybe you wouldn't run round giving out about what other people earn

Jesus, I've hit a nerve here anyway!  Why does that annoy you so much?  Do you find it offensive or what?

I see it as being the same as the government overpaying for any service... it should be stopped.

Would I be allowed to comment if the company that supplied the cameras had stroked RTE also?  Or is it just cos these jokers have got a face/voice that you recognise??

haranguerer

I hardly recognise any of them, and I've very little time for those I do (altho 'danger here' george is associated with many great memories).

I just resent the ever more common hypocritical populist outcry over other peoples wealth.