Previous topic - Next topic

Is Gregory Campbell a bollocks?

Yes
13 (18.6%)
No, he's a cnut
57 (81.4%)

Total Members Voted: 70

T Fearon

I think the real problem is that Sinn Fein are almost universally detested by ordinary unionists therefore no unionist leader can even hint at the merest concession to Sinn Fein.It would be electoral suicide if they did.

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on May 09, 2016, 09:09:15 PM
I think the real problem is that Sinn Fein are almost universally detested by ordinary unionists therefore no unionist leader can even hint at the merest concession to Sinn Fein.It would be electoral suicide if they did.

SF are not Ireland, and it is a cop out to refuse a reasonable proposition because SF happen to also support it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

I agree,but unfortunately a high percentage of unionists see everything as a "concession" to Sinn Fein,regardless of how reasonable any proposition is.

Rossfan

Quote from: T Fearon on May 09, 2016, 09:54:15 PM
I agree,but unfortunately a high percentage of unionists see everything as a "concession" to Sinn Fein,regardless of how reasonable any proposition is.
I suspect some/a lot of Unionists see the existence of Nationalists/ Catholics/Irish/Taigs/Fenians as a "concession"
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

No surrender, not an inch.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

The Gs Man

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/parachute-regiment-flags-on-lampposts-ahead-of-bloody-sunday-anniversary-blind-sectarianism-36523121.html

Great to see the boul Flegory's outright condemnation of paratrooper Flegs going up outside Derry ahead of this weekend's commemoration.

Oh wait.....
Keep 'er lit

stew

Thata only because they are bitter bastards!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

general_lee

Quote from: The Gs Man on January 24, 2018, 09:39:36 AM
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/parachute-regiment-flags-on-lampposts-ahead-of-bloody-sunday-anniversary-blind-sectarianism-36523121.html

Great to see the boul Flegory's outright condemnation of paratrooper Flegs going up outside Derry ahead of this weekend's commemoration.

Oh wait.....
I said on the Sinn Fein thread a few weeks ago during the McElduff saga that there would be f**k all said by Unionists regarding this, but Gregory has gone one step further and excused it. Yet these same boys were tripping over each other to see who could be the most offended over Kingsmills. They really have no shame

TabClear

Quote from: general_lee on January 24, 2018, 01:27:57 PM

Oh wait.....
I said on the Sinn Fein thread a few weeks ago during the McElduff saga that there would be f**k all said by Unionists regarding this, but Gregory has gone one step further and excused it. Yet these same boys were tripping over each other to see who could be the most offended over Kingsmills. They really have no shame

East Londonderry DUP MP Gregory Campbell denied the flags were sectarian, claiming they were a "reaction to bonfires, parades and other events in the Bogside".

Someone really needs to explain to the boul Gregory what sectarian means  ::) ::)

TheOptimist

Quote from: TabClear on January 24, 2018, 03:05:30 PM
Quote from: general_lee on January 24, 2018, 01:27:57 PM

Oh wait.....

East Londonderry DUP MP Gregory Campbell denied the flags were sectarian, claiming they were a "reaction to bonfires, parades and other events in the Bogside".

Someone really needs to explain to the boul Gregory what sectarian means  ::) ::)

Surely this is on Par with McElduff, without any room for doubt in this case? Real double standards among unionism, but I think more and more are catching on to their outdated tactics.

Rossfan

When will the Unionist Community begin to address the hate and bigotry that causes some of  them to celebrate the mass murder of 14 civilians?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

HiMucker

Quote from: Rossfan on January 24, 2018, 04:23:15 PM
When will the Unionist Community begin to address the hate and bigotry that causes some of  them to celebrate the mass murder of 14 civilians?
It would help if media outlets and politicians North and South responded the same way as they have done on "other issues".

Eamonnca1

Campbell is a perfect example of why we'll just have to write off the current generation of unionist politicians and bide our time until more reasonable people come to the fore. Maybe as memories of the Troubles recede they'll lose some of their bitterness.

Longshanks

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 24, 2018, 06:07:56 PM
Campbell is a perfect example of why we'll just have to write off the current generation of unionist politicians and bide our time until more reasonable people come to the fore. Maybe as memories of the Troubles recede they'll lose some of their bitterness.

you would hope that but Gavin Robinson is 33 the same age is me and is bitter as your boot and idolises the older crop, its embarrassing and depressing

imtommygunn

Also stalford who is apparently 33 or 34 but looks about 60s. (Genuinely!)