Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRIDGE LAD

Quote from: Andym2008 on April 09, 2008, 02:01:20 PMI dont no how people can say that Mayobridge are the best team in down, there team revolves around one man, Benny Coulter. Now dont get me wrong Benny is a world class full-foward but as a very proud An Riócht man i could name 4 or 5 players that would walk on that Mayobridge team (Brendan Mcveigh, Deaglan O'Rielly, Christopher Killen, Paddy Cole and Jhon Clarke).It really angers me when i hear people say that "Mayobridge are the best team in down and always will be.". I really think that you should watch out for An Riócht from this season onwards you will all be looking at us in a different light!Andrew Magorrian
Andym2008, are you being serious?? The only player that would walk on the bridge team is John Clarke. Declan OReilly? Yea good one, are you related by any chance. Are you forgetting ya's were in the second division just two years ago. As big tom says from 99 we have been dominant and will continue to be. 5 lads on u 21 squad, 3 on county minors, looking good for our future. Benny is only 25 coming 26, a good ten years in him yet. Mickey Walsh should be on county team, Sexton is, Cathal Magee in and around also, Pluggy turned offer down so bridge aint bad.  I think the bridge are actually getting stronger, the squad of minors coming through is unreal at the moment also. So watch this space. I predict a first round exit for yourselves!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D

thewobbler

Andy Mo / Bridge Lad - as in most silly arguments, the truth is somewhere in between. By the way, neither of you mentioned him, but Liam McVeigh would walk into every team in this county, and is every bit, if not more important to the Kingdom's cause as John Clarke.

5 Sams

No official word yet but I believe the start of the league is pushed back to Wed 23rd April
The Aristocrat Years

Minus15

yes i heard this also from a few people tonight. just 2 days between the first and second rounds of games. surely it would make more sense to make it tuesday 22nd instead although still 2 days of rest only for anyone involved for down on sunday.

bridgegael

heard they are moving the start of league to wed 23rd and the second round of fixtures is sun 27th april.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Andym2008

Quote from: BRIDGE LAD on April 10, 2008, 09:56:01 PM
Quote from: Andym2008 on April 09, 2008, 02:01:20 PMI dont no how people can say that Mayobridge are the best team in down, there team revolves around one man, Benny Coulter. Now dont get me wrong Benny is a world class full-foward but as a very proud An Riócht man i could name 4 or 5 players that would walk on that Mayobridge team (Brendan Mcveigh, Deaglan O'Rielly, Christopher Killen, Paddy Cole and Jhon Clarke).It really angers me when i hear people say that "Mayobridge are the best team in down and always will be.". I really think that you should watch out for An Riócht from this season onwards you will all be looking at us in a different light!Andrew Magorrian
Andym2008, are you being serious?? The only player that would walk on the bridge team is John Clarke. Declan OReilly? Yea good one, are you related by any chance. Are you forgetting ya's were in the second division just two years ago. As big tom says from 99 we have been dominant and will continue to be. 5 lads on u 21 squad, 3 on county minors, looking good for our future. Benny is only 25 coming 26, a good ten years in him yet. Mickey Walsh should be on county team, Sexton is, Cathal Magee in and around also, Pluggy turned offer down so bridge aint bad.  I think the bridge are actually getting stronger, the squad of minors coming through is unreal at the moment also. So watch this space. I predict a first round exit for yourselves!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D
Well as much as i dont care what you think, KINGDOM will go all the way...How many of your minor have won an all-ireland????
Up da Kingdom

T O Hare

Andy you little loser, 1999 five reps from mayobridge , 2005 five again... go back to the hogan stand
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

mournerambler

Agree with T O'hare, 'andym2008' clear off to Hogan Stand if you have nothing sensible to post!

boscomo

boys does anyone know if friday nights games are being moved to wednesday instead. please get back.

mo
if in doubt eat it

stpauls

St. Paul's 1-10 St. Michael's 2-6

good to get the first win of the season under the belts, hopefully we can push on from here and get a few more!!

ardmhachaabu08

Spose Ross and DJ are geniuses now? Or should that be geniui, I'm not sure
Seo libh canaídh Amhrán na bhFiann

Leo

Shocking stuff at Esller Park today, pegged back from 11 points in front to just 4 at one stage by a very poor Limerick team.
Assessment:

McVeigh   - OK and some of the kik-outs were a bit better
Howard - brave (but limited) performance
McGovern - at sea under the high ball
Cole - ditto
Carr - useful enough and this is his position
Doyle - class is there. Is the ambition?
McGuigan - nowhere near the mark
Turley - was he on?
Gordon - has the stuff but needs stronger stuff
Kearney - tried hard but wouldn't get on another Ulster team
Sexton - nowhere - his work-rate always inpresses but completely lost in this position
Hughes - confidence is waning although took goal with aplomb
Clarke - good in parts
McKernan - what?
Coulter - looked in first half that he would win it on his own so we stopped using him in 2nd half

Overall, dire
At 11  ponts up we looked for a while that we might step up a gear and run in a big score that could put dsome pressure on Wexford. Then total collapse.

We have made absolutley NO progress in these past two years and Scullion and Molloy don't look so bad in defence after all.
Fierce tame altogether

lisdoon1

Dire surely....  Think Doyle is top class act. He looks at ease on the ball 99% of the time.

Benny didnt want to know second half. Mcveigh is not our answer to goals.

Well done to Jack Lynch, someone not afraid to hit his man a dig, I think we show teams too much respect & we need a few hard hitters in the middle pf the park....

Overall scrappy enough & we should never have alloed them to claw back into the game

On a positive, good to see Paul Murph comeing back...

lisdoon1

He has to be inthe mix messy.... hard hitters need only apply. All during the game today their no 9 & 10 were getting stuck in & throwing their weight about.... Lynch has the physical ability to cause enough problems for teams.

Re Aidan Carr.... Im not sure, I havent seen enough oif him this year, I think he played very well today, a few games on the half forward line would be interesting.

Anyone know how far away Murph is from comeback?

Also, Ronan Murtagh Injured? & Where is mickey Walsh???

5 Sams

I dunno what game yiz were at lads cos I thought Aidan Carr was our best player :-\
The Aristocrat Years