Mandatory covid 19 vaccination

Started by grounded, November 21, 2021, 10:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the Covid 19 vaccination(s) become mandatory by law in Ireland(North and South)?

Yes
45 (50%)
No
45 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Voting closed: November 24, 2021, 10:49:12 PM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JoG2 on November 24, 2021, 06:27:44 PM
Quote from: Gmac on November 24, 2021, 05:43:10 PM
Quote from: grounded on November 21, 2021, 10:49:12 PM
Given Austria's position I thought it would be interesting to see how board members would vote here. Thanks
             A mandatory vaccination scheme is where you are required by law to get vaccinated and face punishment if you do not do so. Those refusing vaccines are likely to face administrative fines which can be converted into a prison sentence if the fine is not recovered.
the totalitarians are winning I see , most would call themselves progressive liberals too .

It's this utter bulls1t from posters like yourself that doesn't allow for any kind of discussion, none. As someone said the other day, folk like yourself have been taken for a complete ride by the Karen's of this world... Wool pulled over your eyes. Hopefully the next time a doc prescribes you some medicine you tell him you'll get back to him once you've done due diligence.
PS: it's not too late. I know of 2 fairly vocal anti-vaxers who have had both jabs, but won't admit it to their new Facebook friend group, still towing the party line... Lunacy

They 'took the soup' in the fly?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

grounded

Quote from: J70 on November 24, 2021, 04:42:21 PM
Quote from: grounded on November 24, 2021, 04:06:27 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 24, 2021, 03:25:28 PM
Much polio round your neck of the woods?

No thankfully, But place coming down with colds. Same every winter since i can remember. Why in blazes they never came up with a cure with all the scientists and research undertaken  i'll never know.

There are far too many strains of the viruses which cause colds to allow them to make an effective vaccine.

Besides, the symptoms are mild and easily treatable.

Yep, i suppose the point being the vaccination programme for the poliovirius has about as much relevance to a computer virus as it does to the covid 19 coronavirus. 
        Far more similarities with the development of vaccines and treatments for the common cold urt infections.

HiMucker

Quote from: Rossfan on November 24, 2021, 06:01:12 PM
You mean the responsible caring citizens are winning.
The unvaccinated sekfish anti human disease spreaders deserve all they get!
Osterreich AbĂș.
No harm, but you seem absolutely bonkers. And I'm one who fully supports vaccination, in case your going to brand me an anti vaxer.

Rossfan

I see the Slovaks (only 50% vaccinated) gone into a 2 week lockdown.
Italians blocking unvaccinated twats from a theatres etc.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Conservative woman? The worlds gone mad!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gmac

Given Austria's position I thought it would be interesting to see how board members would vote here. Thanks
             A mandatory vaccination scheme is where you are required by law to get vaccinated and face punishment if you do not do so. Those refusing vaccines are likely to face administrative fines which can be converted into a prison sentence if the fine is not recovered.
the totalitarians are winning I see , most would call themselves progressive liberals too .

It's this utter bulls1t from posters like yourself that doesn't allow for any kind of discussion, none. As someone said the other day, folk like yourself have been taken for a complete ride by the Karen's of this world... Wool pulled over your eyes. Hopefully the next time a doc prescribes you some medicine you tell him you'll get back to him once you've done due diligence.
PS: it's not too late. I know of 2 fairly vocal anti-vaxers who have had both jabs, but won't admit it to their new Facebook friend group, still towing the party line... Lunacy
I don't do Facebook , you are in favor of prison terms for not vaccinating ?
But ye I'm the loon

JoG2

Quote from: Gmac on November 24, 2021, 07:07:20 PM

I don't do Facebook , you are in favor of prison terms for not vaccinating ?
But ye I'm the loon

Yes, the post above pretty much nails it.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 23, 2021, 01:55:21 PM
Is the flu vaccine not mandatory to work in the health sector? E.g. old peoples home.
No

sid waddell

Oh the irony of a massive Trumpbot saying that:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/22/us-list-backsliding-democracies-civil-liberties-international

US added to list of 'backsliding' democracies for first time
'Visible deterioration' in US civil liberties began in at least 2019, says international thinktank

Wildweasel74

Getting the booster tomorrow, no big deal, nothing to see here.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 24, 2021, 09:47:21 PM
Get it in ye. Got mine in the hospital on Monday eve. Place packed which was good to see but moved fairly quickly.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 24, 2021, 09:51:02 PM
Get it in ye. Got mine in the hospital on Monday eve. Place packed which was good to see but moved fairly quickly.

Got mine on Sunday and the 5 G coverage in the house is at the max!!

Was thinking about getting a pizza the other day and four star pizza guy just arrived!! It's as if he was reading my thoughts!

grounded

So it finished all square at the end. Thanks everybody who voted.

grounded

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2021, 09:53:25 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 24, 2021, 09:51:02 PM

Got mine on Sunday and the 5 G coverage in the house is at the max!!

Was thinking about getting a pizza the other day and four star pizza guy just arrived!! It's as if he was reading my thoughts!

I laughed out so loud there, my foil hat fell off!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Only know 1 person that got booster so far-early days